LyndaJayne

Suicide

49 posts in this topic

Exodus 20:13 ... "You shalt not murder."  Murder is taking an innocent life, be it your own or someone else.  Are you having a hard time?

4 minutes ago, LyndaJayne said:

Is it a sin to take ones own life

Yes , it is by your will ,and not the will of God, for everything Has its day and appointed times, when things , happens ,

it is a call to everyone, but the one that is able to save, we can only help in guiding for information, and say to be strong,

but it is God that is the author and finisher of your faith and your life, for if you turn to Him He is faithful and just to forgive you and hear you , and to comfort you , this is truth , and this is love , that none should perish , but come to the son of God, for grace is given, for where there is evil and hopeless ness, grace abounds even more,..... give it to Jesus, and do not let the devil have his way ,

we can pray for you , and whomsoever needs  ,but it is a surrender to God Himself /or herself, that is the rightful person, to handle this and to give you the answers you need, . blessings to you, and my prayers and every one I know, will pray for you or whom ever needs to be in need of comfort,.

in the power of the name of Jesus , there is healing, seek God first, for if it comes to a head, atleast you have given your self time to examine your self, seek Him first, and ask what you may , He will care for you , He always does, cast your cares upon Him, and you will see the power of His love and His strength to hold you up ,in that time of need, blessings and prayers to you

Yes I am having a hard time, lost everything that was ever important to me. Have prayed, have thrown myself on Gods mercy and asked for help, the more I pray the worse things seem to get, I am at my wits end, can't stop crying and the pain I feel is immense. Not sure how long I can go on with this pain.

27 minutes ago, LyndaJayne said:

Yes I am having a hard time, lost everything that was ever important to me. Have prayed, have thrown myself on Gods mercy and asked for help, the more I pray the worse things seem to get, I am at my wits end, can't stop crying and the pain I feel is immense. Not sure how long I can go on with this pain.

continue to seek God, and give it time, some answers and guidance do not come right away , but if you hold on and endure , God will come to you, but you have to resist the devil for .the devil is a liar, and God is truth, stay in prayer, and surrender  to Him,

give it a little time, and do not act out on emotions, for the emotions are not what will help, you need to come to the peace , and end of the emotions, then you will see God more clear, and be able to clear your mind, we are praying for you

1 hour ago, LyndaJayne said:

Sorry to hear that.  I have been down a bit lately too.  

The problem with suicide is that we cannot be absolutely sure about what the other side is going to be like.  We want to out of the pain of this life but we do not have an absolute clear picture of the other side.

Don't feel bad even Paul despared of life at times.  Your in good company. 

3 hours ago, LyndaJayne said:

I can relate to immense pain... I've been through a lot of it the last couple years and it keeps getting worse. "I" can't go on with the pain, but God can get me through, so He can get you through it too. Read His Word, continue to pray, listen to worship music, talk to strong Christians, and praise Him... try to have things that get your mind off of things... put it in His hands.

Hello LyndaJayne,

I'm Sorry for all your recent losses & hitting such a difficult part in your journey.  Remember though nothing in this world lasts focus upon the Promises of the Gospel of Jesus.  Things get better eventually so be patient, just hold on to the LORD work to get closer in your relationship with Him.   Sometimes these trials teach us things and make us realize that all we have in this world is the LORD & faith in Him & His return, so stay in the Bible. ....& Yes taking your own life is very much a sin. The only choice you have is to make it NOT an option no matter how bad it gets.  Do you attend a church regularly? It can help. It would give you a lot of spiritual support if you attended a good evangelical Bible preaching Church that was serving the Lord. Read Job too. The more you understand the Bible the less this world will influence you.

Remember to give thanks for the blessings you do have., repent with sincerity.  Asking the Lord what is HIS guidance for you and pray fully read the Bible,  as Seraph counseled you , immerse yourself in the Word, Bible study, worship songs, memorize some psalms as prayers and promises. Try volunteering somewhere to take you out of your own misery for awhile & give to others , sometimes it changes our outlook. The Bible says...."In this world you'll have trouble.....Here's some verses that speak of this. BE Patient. hold onto Faith. God loves you and if you have given your life to the Lord Jesus Christ , HE will never leave you nor forsake you.

John16:33"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

Philippians 4:6-7 ESV

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

James 1:2-8 ESV

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. ...

8 hours ago, LyndaJayne said:

My dear Lynda

I know what it is to consider taking one's life, not just once, but daily for months on end.

I want to offer you what God showed me - that taking one's life is the worst thing one can do.  In taking your own life, it is like throwing a stone into a pond and sending out ripples.  All our actions send out ripples to those we affect  - When we commit suicide, those ripples, rather than having good effect on those they touch,  afflict instead causing hurt, grief and pain to all they touch.   But that is not all.   After those ripples end, there is nothing more - there is a void  where there should have been ripples to touch and influence the lives of others. There are no more ripples your life would have sent out to those you know and also to those you would have yet to meet.  The absence of your touch on their lives steals way from them what God would have wrought in their lives through you.

Have you talked to anyone who can help?   Have you talked to your doctor?  To your minister?    Do you see a psychologist?

Dear Lynda, Everyone who 'enters paradise ' to be with God here and now, goes ,must go through the long dark night of the soul, when we must give up that which we treasure, and put ourselves entirely in God's hands .  It is more painful and drawn out the more we hang on to what we thik is needful for us ,when it is in fact keping us from our 'eternal happiness .When we cling to people ,money , power , security , hatred of others ;  making idols of any of these, we will lose them in the end .

Those whom God has alreayt 'saved 'will often suffer before the 'others' , in order to force them ,not to die until they have learned what they need ,to enter 'heaven' . So this is a very painful testing time , which I hope you will look back on with gratitude, as you realise that God is leading you , guiding you, teaching you how to become a perfected child of God ,in perfect happiness  . We go through agony ,anger ,fear ,mistrust because we are acting out against ourselves and our greater good which only He knows . You will look back and you will SEE that it is all for your own good and  also that of those whom you have lost ,if you go with Him ,trust in Him . You are already through the worst :keep praying on your knees, keep talking to Jesus as your friend  even if there seems no response .

And read the story of Abraham and Isaac . Isaac was the most loved and most important person ,thing, in Abrahams life , more so than anyone else but God needed him to totally trust in Him ,so he gave a horrible task .Read it . Maybe in the past God has given you a warning and you have ignored it , for if Abraham had not followed his Fathers order, he would have lost Isaac and much more .  Do not lose this opportunity that God has given you to begin again .  You have lost nothing really if you do God's will,  as He always gives back to you a hundred fold, if you are faithful (have Faith in HIM) Accept the temporary pain ,which may go on for some time ,but you can endure it , and He will in time heal you , in His Loving mercy .