LyndaJayne

Suicide

49 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Encourage her that we all have trouble with "forgiveness"......we have to ask Jesus for help.....you can tell her I often ask Jesus to show me how He forgave me?   Maybe she will ask Him the same.......:emot-heartbeat:

She left 30min ago. Hopefully she comes back. I and a few others gave her some encouraging scriptures.

7 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Encourage her that we all have trouble with "forgiveness"......we have to ask Jesus for help.....you can tell her I often ask Jesus to show me how He forgave me?   Maybe she will ask Him the same.......:emot-heartbeat:

We did tell her that. She did say God heals the broken heart and that she was staying close to god.

Praise Jesus,,,, we continue to pray for her

3 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Praise Jesus,,,, we continue to pray for her

Yes so am I. I hope she comes back to chat we all gave her our full attention so hopefully she does comeback. She said she was doing better than before

Hi,

I've been there. Ann Landers was a advice columnist and one thing I remember from 6th grade, that's when I first read her column... She said..

Give it until tomorrow.

Wait until the morning.

Please don't harm yourself, there will be so many people hurting of you are gone.

Just make it thru tonight, give it all to God and rest well.

Karan

Posted (edited)

On 12/28/2015 at 2:59 PM, LyndaJayne said:

Is it a sin to take ones own life

not sure.. because if it was, even the Jews asked if Jesus was going to go and 'kill' himself when they thought He was going to the Hellenists. John 8:22  "Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come."   And here is a question though.. Why do people seek to kill themselves in today's time?  Can 1 answer be because there is not enough structure in a person's life? And what causes divisions and breakings of structure?  A structure you built while growing, what might the cause for it to be broken which might leave you 'helpless?' And after you are helpless and you try to reestablish, why might a person continue to seek suicide?  Suicide is usually the collapse of establishments in your personal inner life.  When all that you have hoped on has collapsed and if you try to rebuild but are prevented, a person might seek suicide.  Looking to the bullied at school.. Why do they commit suicide?  Because every attempt to reestablish what was destroyed within them proved unable.  Their inner establishments which the bullied broke down were unable to be rebuilt.  Of course they rebuilt for a little while, but after continual breaking down of their inner establishments and no more strength to rebuild and no help to rebuild, they sought suicide. And counseling is not a rebuilding of what the person held dear to themselves.  And counseling often leads to further inner breaking downs.. because the person is expected to conform and change rather than being helped with the real present issues of being 'bullied.'  The person doesn't even remember what he/she wanted to be as an adult after the counseling sessions.  And if counseling doesn't help, they put them on antipsychotic medications just so the bullies won't beat on them. And all the while nothing is done for the bullies... No talk, no suspensions, no expulsions.. nothing...  The schools which had student suicides due to the bullies still have the same bullies in those schools. 

Edited by delade3

5 hours ago, delade3 said:

not sure.. because if it was, even the Jews asked if Jesus was going to go and 'kill' himself when they thought He was going to the Hellenists. John 8:22  "Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come."   And here is a question though.. Why do people seek to kill themselves in today's time?  Can 1 answer be because there is not enough structure in a person's life? And what causes divisions and breakings of structure?  A structure you built while growing, what might the cause for it to be broken which might leave you 'helpless?' And after you are helpless and you try to reestablish, why might a person continue to seek suicide?  Suicide is usually the collapse of establishments in your personal inner life.  When all that you have hoped on has collapsed and if you try to rebuild but are prevented, a person might seek suicide.  Looking to the bullied at school.. Why do they commit suicide?  Because every attempt to reestablish what was destroyed within them proved unable.  Their inner establishments which the bullied broke down were unable to be rebuilt.  Of course they rebuilt for a little while, but after continual breaking down of their inner establishments and no more strength to rebuild and no help to rebuild, they sought suicide. And counseling is not a rebuilding of what the person held dear to themselves.  And counseling often leads to further inner breaking downs.. because the person is expected to conform and change rather than being helped with the real present issues of being 'bullied.'  The person doesn't even remember what he/she wanted to be as an adult after the counseling sessions.  And if counseling doesn't help, they put them on antipsychotic medications just so the bullies won't beat on them. And all the while nothing is done for the bullies... No talk, no suspensions, no expulsions.. nothing...  The schools which had student suicides due to the bullies still have the same bullies in those schools. 

One of my daughters was severely bullied in high school ... I noticed that she began to "miss" the school bus and I'd have to take her to school.  After some time, she began to show severe anxiety upon leaving the car, and I asked her what was happening... she tried to explain it away as "nothing."  That went on for a few weeks more until she finally told me that there were some boys in her classes who were covertly threatening to kill her (after they "had some fun") and daily, they would tell her exactly how they would do it.  I was infuriated!!!!  I went to the school principal, who did take action ... but I was not going to leave my child in a public school system where there was nothing in place for these types of situations.  I pulled her out immediately and she got her GED with high scores when she was barely 16.  She went to college at age 17.  

Anyway, I know that being bullied can be horrific and debilitating.  Ideally, the child's parents are there noticing that things aren't quite right with their child... and hopefully, they offer emotional support, love, a safe refuge .... so the child can talk about what's happening. 

I tried to kill myself before I made it out of kindergarten ... age 5.  I tried to die many times.  I didn't know it was wrong... I just did not want to live.  I lived with abuse, daily.  I had discovered thru some of my trauma experiences that if you hold a pillow over your face long enough, you stop breathing.  So I would get into my little brother's toybox with a pillow and try to die with a pillow over my face... or I would go way under my bed covers with a pillow... I couldn't tell you how many times I tried that as a 5 and 6 yr old child.  I'm not sure why I shared that, except to say... it's not always for the obvious reasons that a person wishes not to continue living.  For me, I just didn't know any way out but to end my own life. I had no concept it was wrong... but I knew what was happening to me was wrong. 

11 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

One of my daughters was severely bullied in high school ... I noticed that she began to "miss" the school bus and I'd have to take her to school.  After some time, she began to show severe anxiety upon leaving the car, and I asked her what was happening... she tried to explain it away as "nothing."  That went on for a few weeks more until she finally told me that there were some boys in her classes who were covertly threatening to kill her (after they "had some fun") and daily, they would tell her exactly how they would do it.  I was infuriated!!!!  I went to the school principal, who did take action ... but I was not going to leave my child in a public school system where there was nothing in place for these types of situations.  I pulled her out immediately and she got her GED with high scores when she was barely 16.  She went to college at age 17.  

Anyway, I know that being bullied can be horrific and debilitating.  Ideally, the child's parents are there noticing that things aren't quite right with their child... and hopefully, they offer emotional support, love, a safe refuge .... so the child can talk about what's happening. 

I tried to kill myself before I made it out of kindergarten ... age 5.  I tried to die many times.  I didn't know it was wrong... I just did not want to live.  I lived with abuse, daily.  I had discovered thru some of my trauma experiences that if you hold a pillow over your face long enough, you stop breathing.  So I would get into my little brother's toybox with a pillow and try to die with a pillow over my face... or I would go way under my bed covers with a pillow... I couldn't tell you how many times I tried that as a 5 and 6 yr old child.  I'm not sure why I shared that, except to say... it's not always for the obvious reasons that a person wishes not to continue living.  For me, I just didn't know any way out but to end my own life. I had no concept it was wrong... but I knew what was happening to me was wrong. 

could you tell me what the Principle of the school did after he/she was informed of the bullying? 

On 3/28/2017 at 0:01 AM, delade3 said:

could you tell me what the Principle of the school did after he/she was informed of the bullying? 

To be honest, he was very kind and he was disturbed about the reports of what my daughter said happened.... he said he was pulling them into his office for questioning and to determine what action should be taken, but I wasn't going to leave my girl in there one day longer. I took her out of public school immediately.