GoldenEagle

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, our church does allow children over 12 inside the sancuary. All kids under 21 have to wait outside in the snow. The ones that survive get a free bible sticker. Actually we have daycare for the little ones, and they expect a good tip if that little bugger has been crying the whole time.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

8 hours ago, GoldenEagle said:

I think that churches that allow serious disruption are few and far between. Most parents are very aware of their children in settings I've been in. Most parents will step out if their children are being disruptive or cranky.

The issue is the mentality that has been prevalent since Rowe Vs Wade where children are no longer valued. It's this whole idea that children should be seen but not heard. That somehow they are less valued because of their immaturity or lack of discipline. How can a child learn to behave in a church setting if they're not allowed in the service until they're in middle school?

The OP though had a sleeping child and was not allowed in. It's very sad IMO.

God bless,

GE

I wish what you said was true but I have experienced otherwise.

I also disagree that Rowe vs Wade altered the view of children, living children. Over the years, I have witnessed more and more parents allow their children to run wild. I attribute the trend to have started probably with the introduction of a book on child rearing by a man called Dr. Spock. And the government frowning on parents who spank and discipline their children. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I been to churches where they have a adult service and when that starts the children sing a song for us then they go to there church. Another church I went to has a nursery right next to the sanctuary so they can listen. actually a play room also for toddlers. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

On 12/30/2015 at 11:47 PM, ayin jade said:

Ok yall are responding as if the baby was crying. In the op, the baby wasnt making a fuss. The usher saw a baby carrier and made the assumption that it would be disruptive and asked them to go to a separate room. 

Exactly AJ! :)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

8 hours ago, Qnts2 said:

I wish what you said was true but I have experienced otherwise.

I also disagree that Rowe vs Wade altered the view of children, living children. Over the years, I have witnessed more and more parents allow their children to run wild. I attribute the trend to have started probably with the introduction of a book on child rearing by a man called Dr. Spock. And the government frowning on parents who spank and discipline their children. 

This book author and this book? The Common Sense Book of Baby and Child Care

Sorry you experienced this. Down in the south of the USA I have not experience parents simply letting their children run wild. May just be the location we live in I guess. We live in Texas.

God bless,
GE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,058
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2015 at 7:15 PM, Openly Curious said:

No children in the church - No future for the church.   If the pastor wants perfection without reality.  Then perhaps he can film at another time of the day or week.

I think this is the exact answer... let the people come together to worship The Lord and if else is desired then set aside for a proper time in that :thumbsup: