IGNORED

question's

Guest jack_

In the bible at 1 timothy 2:12 it says this "I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man" do us christians still have to follow this today?

also i have heared an argument saying that christians think that 1+1+1=1. This is because of the holy trinity it says that the father is god,the son is god and the holy ghost is god. But yet there is only one god. How does that work?

Im confused thanks for your help

Edited by jack_
another question to add

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

trinity.jpg

As to the women teaching, opinions vary, but I am sure if you search the forums, you will find that question thoroughly discussed.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Yes the man is the authority in church service and of the household . The woman in any case is not to usurp authority of Man. 

In Genesis it clearly states 

Genesis  3:16  Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.   Man is supreme ruler

That's old Testament but it's still in effect because it's all over in the new Testament 

1 Timothy  2:12  But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.  

Man is the ruler  not the woman. 

Godhead is 1 God that has three separate roles but all equal in essence. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 12/31/2015 at 10:38 PM, jack_ said:

In the bible at 1 timothy 2:12 it says this "I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man" do us christians still have to follow this today?

also i have heared an argument saying that christians think that 1+1+1=1. This is because of the holy trinity it says that the father is god,the son is god and the holy ghost is god. But yet there is only one god. How does that work?

Im confused thanks for your help

Three in one.  God the Father , God the Son. God the Holy Spirit.  And just a heads up, when you speak of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit you should use capitals letters.  It is out of respect of who we are speaking of. Yes only one God. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

21 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

trinity.jpg

As to the women teaching, opinions vary, but I am sure if you search the forums, you will find that question thoroughly discussed.

Not bad at all Omega.... well done!

• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

11 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

Not bad at all Omega.... well done!

I did not originate the idea, but I made the graphic. I got it from a pastor named Kurt Dahlin. I liked it. I actually keep peanut props near the front door now, for those times when JWs tell me that the trinity makes no sense.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Trinity is a concept beyond man's comprehensive ability

a better equation would be 1 x 1 x 1 = 3

but even that fails to express the inexpressible...so we come up with peanut anaolgies which are okay, but not enough

But should it surprise anyone that  full nature of God would be beyond our comprehension?  It really shouldn't

The closest I've come to understanding trinity is understanding the nature of God's relationship with us

The Father...Jehovah   was God above us, out of reach except by kings priests and prophets

Jesus  was God among us, we could see Him, touch Him, hear him

The Holy Spirit is God with in us, dwelling in our hearts with an intimate relationship guiding, leading comforting

each one closer.

As to women teaching and being in authority over men...it is in the bible so I must accept it. But when you take some time with this, this is actually a very limited application

preaching, evangelizing, exhorting, prophesying are still very much open to women.  And really....who has authority over men in the church.   MAYBE a pastor.....maybe...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

On 31/12/2015 at 9:38 PM, jack_ said:

There are many churches and denominations which believe that this is not binding on churches today.  But those instructions were given by God to Paul to hand down to all churches for all times and circumstances until the coming of Christ.  There are sound spiritual reasons why women are not permitted to teach, preach, or usurp authority within the church (or within the home).

This is not an "argument" but Bible truth. While we cannot explain how God is one yet three Divine Persons, we can certainly believe it because it is in the Bible (see Matthew 28:19).

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/14/1971

About women as spiritual leaders in church, I agree with some of the posts. God is God, he can do whatever he wants. I know God will keep his word. My understanding in the New Testament, those specific verses about women who are to remain silent, are for specific events that needed to be dealt with at that time. Now, some leaders take it to be applied throughout all Churches. I guess this argument can be explained as to what is bound here on earth, will be bound in heaven. What is loosed here on earth, will be loosed in heaven. Some preachers preach that wearing opened toe shoes is wrong. Guess what, too that individual who listens to that preacher, if they were to where opened toe shoes, according to their faith, it's wrong. 

God will use any vessel of his choosing to preach his word. There's even accounts in the Bible where He uses a mule to get his message across. God is no respecter of persons. 

• Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

23 hours ago, Walty said:

About women as spiritual leaders in church, I agree with some of the posts. God is God, he can do whatever he wants. I know God will keep his word. My understanding in the New Testament, those specific verses about women who are to remain silent, are for specific events that needed to be dealt with at that time. Now, some leaders take it to be applied throughout all Churches. I guess this argument can be explained as to what is bound here on earth, will be bound in heaven. What is loosed here on earth, will be loosed in heaven. Some preachers preach that wearing opened toe shoes is wrong. Guess what, too that individual who listens to that preacher, if they were to where opened toe shoes, according to their faith, it's wrong. 

God will use any vessel of his choosing to preach his word. There's even accounts in the Bible where He uses a mule to get his message across. God is no respecter of persons. 

:thumbsup:

As I See It, The Trouble With Stiffing The Holy Ghost

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: Acts 2:17-18 (King James Version)

One Will Still Be Held Accountable

For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things. Romans 1:21-23 (English Standard Version)