• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

I believe the Old Testament is just as valid as the New Testament.  There are some who believe that the OT promises are only for the nation of Israel, and that Gentile Christians have no business believe that they may share in those blessings.  I do not believe this to be true.  When I read any portion of God's Word I receive it in my spirit.  Am I not supposed to if it's talking about Israel?  I know that Israel is God's nation, and that they are God's people.  I am very happy that God desires to bless them, but I am also adopted into God's family by being born again by His Spirit.  So what's the deal?  If I am wrong I pray the Lord reveal it to me, and if He should choose to use someone here to show me, then Amen.  Just remember, truth in love.  If you can't manage that then just try your best :D

Blessings to all :)

• Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Seriously, let's just try to be civilized about this, thanks.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  37

7 hours ago, *Zion* said:

I believe the Old Testament is just as valid as the New Testament.  There are some who believe that the OT promises are only for the nation of Israel, and that Gentile Christians have no business believe that they may share in those blessings.  I do not believe this to be true.  When I read any portion of God's Word I receive it in my spirit.  Am I not supposed to if it's talking about Israel?  I know that Israel is God's nation, and that they are God's people.  I am very happy that God desires to bless them, but I am also adopted into God's family by being born again by His Spirit.  So what's the deal?  If I am wrong I pray the Lord reveal it to me, and if He should choose to use someone here to show me, then Amen.  Just remember, truth in love.  If you can't manage that then just try your best :D

Blessings to all :)

I am not sure exactly what you are asking.

Jesus is the vine and we are the branches.   Their branches were broken off and we were grafted in.  When they turn to Jesus as their Savior too, they are grafted back in.

We are jointly part of God's family.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

7 hours ago, *Zion* said:

I believe the Old Testament is just as valid as the New Testament.   

Zion,

The validity of the OT is never questioned by genuine Christians. It is as much the Word of God as the NT.

There are some who believe that the OT promises are only for the nation of Israel, and that Gentile Christians have no business believe that they may share in those blessings.  I do not believe this to be true.

There are many promises in the OT, and there are also many prophecies in the OT. Some of the promises and prophecies are for all Christians (Jews or Gentiles), others are strictly for those who are of "the whole house of Israel" (the 12 tribes descended from Jacob/Israel).  

If we do not make proper distinctions between the Church (redeemed Jews and Gentiles in one Body) and Israel (redeemed and restored), we will encounter nothing but confusion.

God has a distinct plan and purpose for the Church in the New Jerusalem, and He also has a distinct plan and purpose for Israel on earth during and after the Millennium.

10 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

Jesus is the vine and we are the branches.   Their branches were broken off and we were grafted in.  When they turn to Jesus as their Savior too, they are grafted back in.

We should not confuse the metaphor of the Vine (Christ) and the Good Olive Tree (believing Israel). The Wild Olive branches (saved Gentiles) are grafted into the Good Olive Tree (meaning that the Church began with saved Jews, and Gentiles were then added). As to the imagery of the Vine, every believer is a branch in the Vine of Christ, since every believer is in the Body of Christ (who is the Head of that Body). Therefore there is no grafting into the Vine.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  37

10 minutes ago, Ezra said:

We should not confuse the metaphor of the Vine (Christ) and the Good Olive Tree (believing Israel). The Wild Olive branches (saved Gentiles) are grafted into the Good Olive Tree (meaning that the Church began with saved Jews, and Gentiles were then added). As to the imagery of the Vine, every believer is a branch in the Vine of Christ, since every believer is in the Body of Christ (who is the Head of that Body). Therefore there is no grafting into the Vine.

I do not see them as speaking of two different things, but of the same thing in two different ways.   In both cases, the branches are believers.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I gave up worrying about things like this.  I gave myself to God and what He wants to give back is just frosting since He already gave me everything I need through His Son.  Salvation is the only gift that really matters.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

3 hours ago, Ezra said:

Ezra, and would this grafting in , started at the acts 10 ? when the vision came about,with the clean and the unclean animals, to open the door to what was common and unclean and now is made clean ? gentiles are invited in ? would this be a fair , and correct  statement  , ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Ephesians 1 speaks of all of our blessings for those who are IN CHRIST.   So I would think that we inherit His blessings of the OT by virtue of the fact that we are in Him and He is in us.  But I too am just thankful and rejoice in that my name is written in the Lamb's book of life.  

1 hour ago, SINNERSAVED said:

Ezra, and would this grafting in , started at the acts 10 ? when the vision came about,with the clean and the unclean animals, to open the door to what was common and unclean and now is made clean ? gentiles are invited in ? would this be a fair , and correct  statement  , ?

Absolutely. Beginning with the household of Cornelius, the apostles were shown that God is no respecter of persons, and that Gentiles would be an integral part of the Body of Christ.  Interestingly enough, Christ's apostle to "the Circumcision" (Peter) was the one who brought Gentiles first into the Church.

At the same time, Gentile believers are admonished by Paul (in Romans) to not be "high minded" (since they were evidently in the majority in the churches). We all need to remember that Messiah came to Israel first, that the Gospel was preached to Israel first, that in every city, Paul always went to the synagogues first, and only after the Jews rejected Jesus and their own salvation did Paul turn to the Gentiles.  

Jews, on the other hand, need to be reminded today that during the Church Age (while Israel is "blind" in part because of their rejection of Christ), God does not make any distinction whatsoever between Jew and Gentile, and all must come to Christ as sinners in need of salvation.  The false doctrine of John Hagee (and now the Vatican) that Jews will somehow mysteriously be saved without receiving Christ is bogus.  Also the setting up of congregations of Messianic Jews is certainly not what Christ had in mind, since He broke "the middle wall of partition" between Jew and Gentile.