Tanner Brody

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I took a trip to San Diego to visit the Creation Museum. They had a display showing Adam & Eve riding dinosaurs, among other bizarre articles claiming Neanderthals were just like us humans but little shorter. They explained that baby dinosaurs and their eggs could have fit on board. I showed this to my college professor who said the answer is simple. Dinosaurs (except for a few of their bird descendants), died out around 65 millions yrs ago, whereas the oldest human fossil ever discovered was “Lucy” in Ethiopia in 1974. They carbon-dated her skeleton to be about 175-200k yrs old. So dinosaurs could not have lived at the same time as people. I’m not one of those Christians that believe the Earth is 6000 yrs old nor do I follow the ‘gap theory’. I asked my pastor and he said that dinosaurs did exist but human remains from that time period were washed away with the great flood making it hard to match the two. My neighbor lady (a retired nun) said she doesn’t even believe in dinosaurs since they’re not in the bible anywhere and believes it’s all a government conspiracy. Dinosaurs on the arc? Science tells me no. The bible tells me yes?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I think, (paleontology is not my expertise though) that Lucy was supposed to be millions of years old. if that is the case, then her skeleton would likely be fossilized. If that is the case, they they would not use carbon dating, and carbon dating, is not good a 200k years, it limits at about 50k. The results are not all that realiable anyway. So, I am thinking, wrong kind of test, wrong age estimate by a lot, if someone is telling you otherwise, I think I would find a more informed source. By the way, Lucy was found in Tanzania, not Ethiopia,  or are those the same place? Like I said, this is not my expertise, but clearly it isn't yours either - maybe stick with things you actually know something about and understand.

I suspect that if the had displays of people riding dinosaurs, they were not museum creations of how they think things were, but probably artifacts, like these clay ones found in Mexico:

claysculpture.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I doubt very much there were dinosaurs on the ark. The Bible tells us that Noah took living animals onto the ark, not fossils. Any animal that either did not exist or had already gone extinct by that time would not be taken onto the ark.

Regarding dinos on the ark, I do not know, and I do not care, makes no difference to me one way or the other, has no relevance to my faith, and has no ability to affect my life in any way, so I don't see a need to put much thought into it. Some people think maybe they see dinos in behemoth and liviathan in the Bible, to me that is just a speculation that I cannot answer with any sense of certainty.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Not likely that dinosaurs were in the Ark.  They all seem to have become extinct following the Flood.

53 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Not likely that dinosaurs were in the Ark.  They all seem to have become extinct following the Flood.

It does seem as though, it might have been difficult to support their diets with the resources available after the flood.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Well, it may well be that as the book of Jasher tells us, the watchers taught mankind to genetically mix different species and  the dinosaurs were not part of the original creation...       Just a thought.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

What we know of dinosaurs is that we have found fossilized bones in the ground....and that's it. In my OPINION (which is all I have) When God created the earth 6000 years ag o, He created it old and ready for life. and Our God being both a timeless and fastidious creator would have given the earth a history. And dinosaurs are part of the created history.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Dear everyone,

God created Dinosaurs, of the sixth day with the rest of the land animals.

Genesis,1 24, And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

The Beasts of the earth would have included dinosaurs.

Did Dinosaurs go on the Ark? Genesis,6 19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

There where lots of dinosaurs at Noah's time, (that got destroyed in the flood, and got tuned to fossils (that's where most of the fossils came from (Noah's flood))): So if there where that many dinosaurs before the flood, and God told Noah to take two of "every living thing of all flesh" then Noah must have taken some dinosaurs on the ark.

Josh,

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

From what I have read, there were dinosaurs and dinosaurs.

The original animals, as well as mankind, were much larger than today.  

Many species became corrupt before the flood, which God did not take onto the ark. But of the basic kind, He took two of each, - male and female. Some of these dinosaurs lived for several hundred years after the flood, but most became extinct for a number of reasons, one of which was hunting and gaming.