• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

Past or future?

Jeremiah 25:9   Behold, I will send and take all the families of the north, saith the LORD, and Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will bring them against this land, and against the inhabitants thereof, and against all these nations round about, and will utterly destroy them, and make them an astonishment, and an hissing, and perpetual desolations.

Jeremiah 25:10   Moreover I will take from them the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the sound of the millstones, and the light of the candle.

Jeremiah 25:11   And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.

Jeremiah 25:12   And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the LORD, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations.

Jeremiah 25:13   And I will bring upon that land all my words which I have pronounced against it, even all that is written in this book, which Jeremiah hath prophesied against all the nations.

Jeremiah 25:14   For many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of them also: and I will recompense them according to their deeds, and according to the works of their own hands.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Well, it's clearly talking about the Babylonia captivity of 70 years and King Neb is even cited.  Do you see a near/far projection here?  If so, what do you see as the far projection?  Thanks.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

7 hours ago, Sister said:

Past or future?

Jeremiah 25:9   Behold, I will send and take all the families of the north, saith the LORD, and Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will bring them against this land, and against the inhabitants thereof, and against all these nations round about, and will utterly destroy them, and make them an astonishment, and an hissing, and perpetual desolations.

Jeremiah 25:10   Moreover I will take from them the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the sound of the millstones, and the light of the candle.

Jeremiah 25:11   And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.

Jeremiah 25:12   And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the LORD, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations.

Jeremiah 25:13   And I will bring upon that land all my words which I have pronounced against it, even all that is written in this book, which Jeremiah hath prophesied against all the nations.

Jeremiah 25:14   For many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of them also: and I will recompense them according to their deeds, and according to the works of their own hands.

~

Yesterday

Is this house, which is called by my name, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, even I have seen it, saith the LORD.

But go ye now unto my place which was in Shiloh, where I set my name at the first, and see what I did to it for the wickedness of my people Israel.

And now, because ye have done all these works, saith the LORD, and I spake unto you, rising up early and speaking, but ye heard not; and I called you, but ye answered not;

Therefore will I do unto this house, which is called by my name, wherein ye trust, and unto the place which I gave to you and to your fathers, as I have done to Shiloh.

And I will cast you out of my sight, as I have cast out all your brethren, even the whole seed of Ephraim. Jeremiah 7:11-15

Today

Is Ephraim my dear son? is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still: therefore my bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the LORD. Jeremiah 31:20

And Tomorrow

Thus saith the LORD against all mine evil neighbours, that touch the inheritance which I have caused my people Israel to inherit; Behold, I will pluck them out of their land, and pluck out the house of Judah from among them.

And it shall come to pass, after that I have plucked them out I will return, and have compassion on them, and will bring them again, every man to his heritage, and every man to his land.

And it shall come to pass, if they will diligently learn the ways of my people, to swear by my name, The LORD liveth; as they taught my people to swear by Baal; then shall they be built in the midst of my people.

But if they will not obey, I will utterly pluck up and destroy that nation, saith the LORD. Jeremiah 12:14-17

11 hours ago, Spock said:

Well, it's clearly talking about the Babylonia captivity of 70 years and King Neb is even cited.  Do you see a near/far projection here?  If so, what do you see as the far projection?  Thanks.

Hi Spock

Yes at a quick glance we would presume it is speaking of that.  But look deeper.

All the families of the North?  When did this happen?  When did God bring Babylon against all these nations?  When where they destroyed?  Babylon which is Iraq now still exists, so do all the nations round about.

Are they not still rejoicing?  and are they are not still getting married?   It still exists and people are living there doing all of the above.  Babylon was taken over by the Medes & Persians, yet they came up and still exist to this day.  According to this prophesy they should of been no more after the 70 years, and made a perpetual desolation?

Another question?

What nations or great kings served the King of Babylon for 70 years?  Medo Persia did not serve that king, nor did Greece, Egypt or Assyria?  Only Israel was forced to serve Babylon.  So God must be speaking of something else to come or this prophecy is in error if we say it was fulfilled.

Keep reading, it will get clearer

Jeremiah 25:15   For thus saith the LORD God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it.

Jeremiah 25:16   And they shall drink, and be moved, and be mad, because of the sword that I will send among them.

Jeremiah 25:17   Then took I the cup at the LORD'S hand, and made all the nations to drink, unto whom the LORD had sent me:

Jeremiah 25:18   To wit, Jerusalem, and the cities of Judah, and the kings thereof, and the princes thereof, to make them a desolation, an astonishment, an hissing, and a curse; as it is this day;

Jeremiah 25:19   Pharaoh king of Egypt, and his servants, and his princes, and all his people;

Jeremiah 25:20   And all the mingled people, and all the kings of the land of Uz, and all the kings of the land of the Philistines, and Ashkelon, and Azzah, and Ekron, and the remnant of Ashdod,

Jeremiah 25:21   Edom, and Moab, and the children of Ammon,

Jeremiah 25:22   And all the kings of Tyrus, and all the kings of Zidon, and the kings of the isles which are beyond the sea,

Jeremiah 25:23   Dedan, and Tema, and Buz, and all that are in the utmost corners,

Jeremiah 25:24   And all the kings of Arabia, and all the kings of the mingled people that dwell in the desert,

Jeremiah 25:25   And all the kings of Zimri, and all the kings of Elam, and all the kings of the Medes,

Jeremiah 25:26   And all the kings of the north, far and near, one with another, and all the kingdoms of the world, which are upon the face of the earth: and the king of Sheshach shall drink after them.

Jeremiah 25:27   Therefore thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Drink ye, and be drunken, and spue, and fall, and rise no more, because of the sword which I will send among you.

Jeremiah 25:28   And it shall be, if they refuse to take the cup at thine hand to drink, then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Ye shall certainly drink.

Well no one is arguing, so I guess you can all see that this chapter is yet to be fulfilled.

Jeremiah 25:29   For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts.

Jeremiah 25:30   Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.

Jeremiah 25:31   A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD.

Jeremiah 25:32   Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.

Jeremiah 25:33   And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.

Jeremiah 25:34   Howl, ye shepherds, and cry; and wallow yourselves in the ashes, ye principal of the flock: for the days of your slaughter and of your dispersions are accomplished; and ye shall fall like a pleasant vessel.

Jeremiah 25:35   And the shepherds shall have no way to flee, nor the principal of the flock to escape.

Jeremiah 25:36   A voice of the cry of the shepherds, and an howling of the principal of the flock, shall be heard: for the LORD hath spoiled their pasture.

Jeremiah 25:37   And the peaceable habitations are cut down because of the fierce anger of the LORD.

Jeremiah 25:38   He hath forsaken his covert, as the lion: for their land is desolate because of the fierceness of the oppressor, and because of his fierce anger.

Who is the true King of Babylon?  So when God is addressing Nebuchadrezzar, who is he really speaking to?  Who was standing behind him?

And if all the nations are serving the King of Babylon for 70 years, and it DID NOT HAPPEN, because all those nations did rise again, and were not made perpetual desolations, then when does the 70 years start, and when does it end?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

Hi Sister,

Yes I agree.

I too noticed the duality hidden within those verses a while back myself.

Would you like me to answer the question as to the timing of the 70 years according to my understanding?

Or do you want to keep adding more evidence til then?

6 hours ago, Serving said:

Hi Sister,

Yes I agree.

I too noticed the duality hidden within those verses a while back myself.

Would you like me to answer the question as to the timing of the 70 years according to my understanding?

Or do you want to keep adding more evidence til then?

Hi Serving

I stopped because I think I must be on everyone's ignore list! 

If I did a post about donuts, I'm sure it would attract more interest. 

No-one has the faintest clue what I'm on about, so be my guest.