• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

Just in case I am misunderstanding the reason for this usage :

Jer. 33:20 “Thus says the LORD: ‘If you can break My covenant with the day and My covenant with the night, so that there will not be day and night in their season, 21 ‘then My covenant may also be broken with David My servant, so that he shall not have a son to reign on his throne, and with the Levites, the priests, My ministers. 22 ‘As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, nor the sand of the sea measured, so will I multiply the descendants of David My servant and the Levites who minister to Me.’ ”

I'd like to clarify ..

Jere 33:17 For thus saith the LORD; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel=  Jer. 33:20 ‘then My covenant may also be broken with David My servant, so that he shall not have a son to reign on his throne,

David does not want a MAN to sit on his throne, he wants the LORD to .. which is what chpt 33:20 was alluding to in my understanding.

Whereby the Levites are metaphor for the saints (priests), being specific here .. where Judah is SPECIFICALLY the King Priests (144000) whereby the Levites are JOINED to them being allegory for the rest of Christ's saints .. where both groups which are by God's decree to be considered TOGETHER (as ONE priesthood) .. (Judah/Levites) which two terms can indeed be GENERALIZED (non specific) as ONE = David = Judah = Levites = that Royal Priesthood which Christ spoke of.

God also mentions this when He brings dispersed Israel back immediately AFTER Christ's 2nd coming ..

Isaiah 66:20-24

20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.

21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

And if some of them being brought back after Christ returns by MEN .. meaning they were not taken up to meet Christ at the resurrection/quickening .. meaning they were NOT Christians when Christ returned .. and they are to be made Levites UNDER Christ's rule .. then this title "Levite" under Christ must by default take on a new meaning .. just as the new covenant requires a new High Priest (changed from previous priests being MEN, so too does the meaning of Levite change UNDER Christ to simply mean Christ's Ministers .. that is, "Christian Priests" .. I prefer Saints over "Christians" but use the term "Christian" for clarity is all.

This is what I see anyways & thought I'd mention it.