I don't know what to do

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

What do you do if friends don't forgive you? How do you know if God forgives you? Why are people so shallow in this day and age? Why do I feel like friendships are no longer binding and people are so selfish? What if you come to someone and try and reach out (they also hurt you) and they ignore you completely? Are people only able to see their side of things? Does friendship matter to anyone anymore? I'm struggling. 

There are two kinds of forgiveness described in the New Testament. The first is the forgiveness that brings us eternal life. We only have to ask for that once, and when we do nothing can ever reverse it (Ephesians 1:13-14, 2 Cor. 1:21-22). But in Matt. 18:21-35 Jesus taught on the need for believers to forgive each other, and told a parable to illustrate the fact that our failure to do so is a sin that can cause the suspension of our fellowship with God and even bring discipline upon us. This is the forgiveness spoken of in Luke 6:37 and Matt 6:12. God will not forgive us our sin of unforgiveness until we forgive our brother.

We’ll still be saved, but during the time of our unforgiveness, our relationship with God will be strained. We may miss out on blessings or even face discipline until we forgive our brother. Once we do, we’ll be forgiven and our intimacy with God will be restored. God’s position is that He’s forgiven us for everything even though we didn’t deserve it, and in gratitude we should forgive each other as well. Whether we feel like it or not, or whether they deserve it or not, or whether they accept it or not is immaterial. We do this for the Lord out of gratitude for all He has done for us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

FIrst of all are you a born again Christian?Because that is going to make a huge difference on how you approach everything.

Guest Thallasa
2 hours ago, purplestars said:

What do you do if friends don't forgive you? How do you know if God forgives you? Why are people so shallow in this day and age? Why do I feel like friendships are no longer binding and people are so selfish? What if you come to someone and try and reach out (they also hurt you) and they ignore you completely? Are people only able to see their side of things? Does friendship matter to anyone anymore? I'm struggling. 

All meaningful questions ,that even oldies ask often . And what is friendship really ? I know many people but call few , even ones I spend some time with ,as one must have something profound in common with them (this comes from God ) . 

Better to find something which you like doing is beneficial  intellectually and is good for you ,and just enjoy the company If you are to become friends that will happen in time  .Better to take time for trust to grow than rush it and find out that it is a false friend .

And yes the world is more callous now ,more crude ,more shallow ,but there are some lovely people here and I hope you will enjoy and learn from being  here .:)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, purplestars said:

Hi Purplestars,

If friends don't forgive you then its between them and the Lord and you did your part if you forgave them and you don't have to worry about it God will take care of it in His own way. Just trust God ..Mathew 6:14For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

You can be sure that God forgave you if you confess your sins, 1John 1:9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness

People these days are very selfish and that's the generation we live in it's all about themselves....2 Timothy 3:1-5

But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

I believe we are living in the end times and all those things will get worse....

And above all , don't have to many expectations of man but trust for everything in God who will never disappoint you..

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

thank you for the mostly helpful replies. my relationship status with god is between me and god regarding the "born again" question, which i found inappropriate. god loves me. 

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

5 hours ago, purplestars said:

Hi purplestars,

Welcome to Worthy & I hope you find a true friend here. Now what you have said I agree is very painful & will happen to most of us. To find a true friend is a precious thing so be patient. I would also say that God is teaching you what a true friend is. He is called a friend of sinners, (which we all are). So learn to get to know Him, talk to Him about your day, as you go through difficult things & He will speak into your heart. It will be a thought, probably when you are least expecting it & it will sound like your own voice, but you will know that you were not thinking it. That `thought` just `popped` into your head as it were. You will get insight & help to see what you need to change & also be gracious to those around caught up in the world`s rat-race.

Blessings, Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

22 hours ago, purplestars said:

It sounds like you need romans 5:5 to combat the feelings asulting you. The Lord doesn't deal with other people not trying to do Gods Word he is dealing with you. It is tough for our flesh to try to walk by the Word of God and live to please God rather then man.  Ask the Lord for fruit of the Spirit and to know good from evil so you don't get tossed back and forth. Also, Pray for and find mature christians to be your friends, they have already been where you are spiritually. Having only peer friendships with people your own age that are all dealing from the same spiritual maturity level or lack of can be super frustrating.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

The only relationship that matters and is eternal is your personal relationship with Jesus Christ. You need to make sure if your saved first. If you are God will instill peace in your heart to the point you desire to be with God and not the world 

KJV Colossians  3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

The world is in pain because the lost have no peace in their heart. They try to buy things have friends to be happy. Happy is temporary and it must be sustained. Joy is eternal and it can only come from being born again 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 1/10/2016 at 4:16 PM, purplestars said:

thank you for the mostly helpful replies. my relationship status with god is between me and god regarding the "born again" question, which i found inappropriate. god loves me. 

Yes God loves you and the question   about being born again is not inappropriate for the question asked because being a born again Christian makes everything different.  You can't even begin to understand  forgiveness until you have yourself been forgiven by God.  The Bible says you will not be forgiven unless you forgive.