I don't know what to do

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

We are not required to be forgiven by others....we are told to forgive those who wrong us. My words to you...move along with your life and ask God bless the one who will not forgive you. The forgiveness is for your benefit.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:01 PM, purplestars said:

How do you know if God forgives you?

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved It Is Because

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

The LORD God

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Adores You

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Psalms 103:12

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,027
  • Content Per Day:  16.64
  • Days Won:  0

On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 1:01 PM, purplestars said:

What do you do if friends don't forgive you? How do you know if God forgives you? Why are people so shallow in this day and age? Why do I feel like friendships are no longer binding and people are so selfish? What if you come to someone and try and reach out (they also hurt you) and they ignore you completely? Are people only able to see their side of things? Does friendship matter to anyone anymore? I'm struggling.

If you put your faith in people and circumstances, you will ALWAYS be disappointed.  If you put your faith in God, you will never be alone.  If you put your faith in Jesus, you will always have an advocate with God the Father.  If you put your faith in the guidance of the Holy Spirit, you will be able to overcome any and all obstackles in your path.  It's all about God's grace.  He wants a relationship with you, not just the source of solving problems or getting stuff.  He wants a true and honest relationship.  You need to make the first step.  He'll meet you where you're at.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 1/10/2016 at 0:01 PM, purplestars said:

What do you do if friends don't forgive you? How do you know if God forgives you? Why are people so shallow in this day and age? Why do I feel like friendships are no longer binding and people are so selfish? What if you come to someone and try and reach out (they also hurt you) and they ignore you completely? Are people only able to see their side of things? Does friendship matter to anyone anymore? I'm struggling. 

Your friends are in sin. They are commanded to forgive you.

• Mat_6:14  "For if you forgive people their wrongdoing, your heavenly Father will forgive you as well.

What you have to do is love sinners and trust them to God. How do you do this? God loves you and He is your resource to love others.

• 1Jn_4:19  We love because He first loved us.

When you receive His love by trusting that Jesus died for your sins then you will see how to overcome the hate of this world and be the person Christ was to you. You can see the harshness of others as a mere lack of the same love that you have not accessed by faith. Believing that God loves you is a tremendous experience when you understand how much He loves you. Look at these verses...

• Heb_4:16  Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
  • Rom 5:10  For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
  • 1Jn_1:9  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Do you believe this? Do you believe He loves you?

Believing in God's love for you will enable you to go to your friends who are bitter towards you and give you the love to continue to bless them and love them.

• Mat_5:44  But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Look over your life and remember your sins. Then realize that despite these sins in your life, God loves you. He loves you so tremendously. Take this love and show others the same. It will overwhelm everybody. Who can hate someone who loves them truly? A love not in pretense but with a heart that want's their best... Prays for them and cares for them. Show them your repentance. Be honestly humble.

You will only love if you realize how much you have been forgiven yourself.

• Luk_7:47  Therefore I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven; that's why she loved much. But the one who is forgiven little, loves little."

Trust in His love...

Edited by unworthydude

• Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  37

On 1/10/2016 at 10:01 AM, purplestars said:

The world today has become more and more narcissistic, more and more self centered, more and more me, me, me, me, me.

Ayn Rand had a good deal to do with this, with her philosophy that only what is of benefit to me is of importance, and if it doesn't benefit me, then the needs of others have no relevance.  This thought has increasingly permeated our society, even affecting christians in their behavior towards others. 

We lift the idea of self above others rather than others above self.  

This is why.

But yes, there are still those to whom friendship matters, but they are not easy to find.   The Christian walk can be a very lonely one, but if we accept it, it will bring us closer and closer to God who becomes our all in all.

7 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

The world today has become more and more narcissistic, more and more self centered, more and more me, me, me, me, me.

Ayan Rand had a good deal to do with this, with her philosophy that only what is of benefit to me is of importance, and if it doesn't benefit me, then the needs of others have no relevance.  This thought has increasingly permeated our society, even affecting christians in their behavior towards others. 

We lift the idea of self above others rather than others above self.  

This is why.

But yes, there are still those to whom friendship matters, but they are not easy to find.   The Christian walk can be a very lonely one, but if we accept it, it will bring us closer and closer to God who becomes our all in all.

Great post! Ayn Rand was one of many who I associate as teaching the Satanic gospel of self deification. It's in every movie and tv show now. It's everywhere and in everybody. Truly a doctrine of demons. Nobody seems to care to discern it and it's making this world very cold. Everybody is just out to 'get theirs' at the expense of others.

This makes the Christian walk a very lonely one. Even Christians have this influence that permeates their walk. You can try to love others but many still will not care. You are so right on when you say that, "if you accept it, it will bring us closer and closer to God who becomes our all in all." That's excellent. Well said. He has purposed the loneliness that we might get to know Him more. I can relate to that a lot. 

The ideal is to be who Christ wants us to be and love them anyways. Lest we become cold as well.

Edited by unworthydude

5 hours ago, unworthydude said:

Great post! Ayn Rand was one of many who I associate as teaching the Satanic gospel of self deification. It's in every movie and tv show now. It's everywhere and in everybody. Truly a doctrine of demons. Nobody seems to care to discern it and it's making this world very cold. Everybody is just out to 'get theirs' at the expense of others.

This makes the Christian walk a very lonely one. Even Christians have this influence that permeates their walk. You can try to love others but many still will not care. You are so right on when you say that, "if you accept it, it will bring us closer and closer to God who becomes our all in all." That's excellent. Well said. He has purposed the loneliness that we might get to know Him more. I can relate to that a lot. 

The ideal is to be who Christ wants us to be and love them anyways. Lest we become cold as well.

(I knew her name didn't look right.)

People are afraid of loneliness, even in their walk with God.   It is hard to accept for some, others not so much, depending on one's personality type, but the loneliness we are called to as we deepen our walk with God goes very deep.   When God calls us to the desert to walk with Him alone, we naturally recoil at first at the great expanse of arid nothingness revealed before us - the loneliness and starkness of it  - only rarely punctuated by an oasis and refreshing.  Yet, it is in this desert God strips us of ourselves; it is in this desert we learn to stop seeking the Hand of God, and to seek His Face instead.  

56 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

(I knew her name didn't look right.)

People are afraid of loneliness, even in their walk with God.   It is hard to accept for some, others not so much, depending on one's personality type, but the loneliness we are called to as we deepen our walk with God goes very deep.   When God calls us to the desert to walk with Him alone, we naturally recoil at first at the great expanse of arid nothingness revealed before us - the loneliness and starkness of it  - only rarely punctuated by an oasis and refreshing.  Yet, it is in this desert God strips us of ourselves; it is in this desert we learn to stop seeking the Hand of God, and to seek His Face instead.  

Wow. That is so well said. I love it. Thank you for clarifying so precisely what God has done in my walk with Him. He "strips" us indeed. Purging us of a self life that must die anyways. Throughout our lives, He removes for us, bit by bit, positions, people, places, things or expectations that were choking out His love for us so that we can learn to lovingly trust and know Him. He fills those gaps when they get taken and we find what we really wanted anyways, Him. I like what you said. We learn to stop seeking His hand and instead seek His face. So true and brilliantly said.  I found the more I've seen His hand taking care of me, I've learned to seek Him on a deeper level and that fear has given way to love and trust. It's like He's preparing us to go home and meet Him.

1 minute ago, unworthydude said:

Wow. That is so well said. I love it. Thank you for clarifying so precisely what God has done in my walk with Him. He "strips" us indeed. Purging us of a self life that must die anyways. Throughout our lives, He removes for us, bit by bit, positions, people, places, things or expectations that were choking out His love for us so that we can learn to lovingly trust and know Him. He fills those gaps when they get taken and we find what we really wanted anyways, Him. I like what you said. We learn to stop seeking His hand and instead seek His face. So true and brilliantly said.  I found the more I've seen His hand taking care of me, I've learned to seek Him on a deeper level and that fear has given way to love and trust. It's like He's preparing us to go home and meet Him.

Amen my brother.

On 1/10/2016 at 11:01 AM, purplestars said:

Some of this may have been said already, and my apologies if any of this comes across wrong; but this is just what I have learned in my walk with the Lord:

1) We can do what we can to reconcile with those whom we may have wronged, but it is up to them to forgive. If they do not, they then have to answer to the Lord for the hardness in their hearts. Now, I say this as someone who has needed forgiveness, as well as someone who has had to forgive someone who did tremendous wrong to me. Forgiveness and reconciliation are not exactly the same thing: one is letting go of the wrong and letting God handle it. The other is re-establishing the bonds that were broken by the original incident. All we can do is to ask for forgiveness and do what we can to restore what was broken, but they also have to be willing to reconcile and forgive. We cannot make them do that.

2) As far as God forgiving us, we have assurance in His word that if we come to Him and confess our sin, He forgives us:

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." ( 1 John 1:9, NASB)

3 and 4) People being "shallow in this day and age", and "friendships are no longer binding" are things I see as fulfilling what the Lord prophesied in Matthew about the end of the age:

"Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold. " (Matthew 24:12, NASB)

It's sad, but many are "turning inward" because of the wickedness in this world (not everyone, but a good portion). Many are afraid to trust, and many more simply turn their backs on situations that they want no part of. But even in this time, we are called to be "salt and light" to a dying world, as difficult and yes, as heartbreaking at times as it may be.

5) If you try to reach out to someone and they ignore you completely, you can continue to "keep the lines open" and pray for them. But as we all have a free will, they do as well, as the Lord knows how much this hurts. He has reached out to humanity for eons, and most have curtly slapped His loving hand away.

6) It's often a tremendous struggle for people to see anything but "their side of things". God's point of view is the only truly objective viewpoint; because we are finite and mortal, in our flesh, we have only a limited, subjective view. This is why we need to be in prayer and submit to the Lord's will; He sees things we often don't. Unfortunately, a growing number sadly remain ensconced in their own opinion and viewpoint. It can be personal pain, feeling wronged somehow, lack of experience outside of their comfort zones, or any other number of things or combination.

7) It matters to me. :)

I will keep you in my prayers, purplestars; I've had these same struggles over the years, and it's not easy. But trust in the character of God; He loves you and will not abandon you.

YBIC,

-Robert