• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Thallasa said:

I would think God can see us ,but we will not 'see ' God if we are there . So what was David really saying ?

What David was saying is that God is present throughout the universe, no matter where it may be, and He is also in His Heaven.  If this boggles the mind, it should.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

I find it most curious that you in general accept the fact that God who is " in and out of time" is also in hell/ hades/Sheol. God is so very Holy He is pure love, pure mercy, pure truth etc can not be ever in hell etc. Jesus only once decended to hell to show Himself a victor to the demons and fallen angels who are chained there. You can accept that...but knowing that God is at the same time at the beginning, in the present and in the future, you cannot accept that He saw you in Spain, saw you accept Jesus as Saviour,made you righteous through the blood of Jesus, sanctified you, and because he saw you make these choices before you were born because God is not limited to time, predestined you after choosing Jesus to be His for eternity. Then all of your premises are false and God is not in the past , present and future all at the same time before you were born. I cannot follow the logic I am reading by any of you. And In addition, the most reliable translation is the KJV or NKJV.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

It is said that fasting while praying does not change God, rather it only changes you. This is because God knew ahead of time that you would fast and pray to Him and already planned how or if you would receive your desires. God is omniscient and we can see that He knew that Adam and Eve would sin in the Garden of Eden and already provided a way of escape for them by providing the second Adam. Also, when God told Abraham to go sacrifice his only son, Isaac, God knew that his faithful servant would obey Him, and so in advance He positioned a lamb in place of Isaac. In the same manner, our Lord already knows if your prayers will be accompanied by faith and works and therefore knows in advance the answered prayers on the spot, the ones that will be delayed, and the unanswered ones. 

God knew that Jabez would cry unto Him for enlargement of territory, and had an answer for him. Although, God already knows the response to our prayers, He does not act until they have been vocally said by us.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 1/22/2016 at 11:12 PM, JimmyAk said:

Abraham to go sacrifice his only son, Isaac, God knew that his faithful servant would obey Him, and so in advance He positioned a lamb in place of Isaac.

Actually, stuck in the bush was a ram, not a lamb as Abraham predicted. I think this discrepancy was intentional. You see, God did provide Himself a Lamb.In another time, in the fullness of time, another Father, God Himself, not Abraham, sent His own Son, the Lamb of God, to be a sacrifice for sin.

If you trace this area through scripture, you will find that the area of Abraham's sacrifice was the same where Jesus was sacrificed, quite possibly on the same mountain.

So, God did look ahead yes, to the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus, the Lamb of God, sacrificed for our sins, about 2000 years ago.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 1/22/2016 at 3:12 PM, JimmyAk said:

Also, when God told Abraham to go sacrifice his only son, Isaac, God knew that his faithful servant would obey Him, and so in advance He positioned a lamb in place of Isaac.

If God already knew Abraham would obey, why did he say "NOW I know...." (Gen 22:12). Shouldn't God have said, "I knew..."?

31 minutes ago, ghtan said:

If God already knew Abraham would obey, why did he say "NOW I know...." (Gen 22:12). Shouldn't God have said, "I knew..."?

"Now I know" means "Now you have confirmed to me, what I already knew", but not is no many words.

43 minutes ago, Ezra said:

"Now I know" means "Now you have confirmed to me, what I already knew", but not is no many words.

Since when has God needed us to confirm to him what he already knows?!

1 hour ago, ghtan said:

Since when has God needed us to confirm to him what he already knows?!

All the time.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

3 hours ago, ghtan said:

God already knew, of course, but it was by Abraham to go forth to show that he was going to obey no matter what by His own will and obedience to God is what made this happen, and so God is well pleased , but it was under honor to God, and so God is pleased, he was not forced

and then there was at that time a ram , in the bush, that was to follow through as a offering to God for He is worthy of all honor ,glory and praises, amen..

1 hour ago, SINNERSAVED said:

God already knew, of course, but it was by Abraham to go forth to show that he was going to obey no matter what by His own will and obedience to God is what made this happen, and so God is well pleased , but it was under honor to God, and so God is pleased, he was not forced

and then there was at that time a ram , in the bush, that was to follow through as a offering to God for He is worthy of all honor ,glory and praises, amen..

If what you say above is true, all the more reason God should have said, "I knew...." or "I am pleased that..." Instead he said, "Now I know..." The plain reading is that God did not know FOR SURE whether Abraham would obey.

That is the difference between humans and robots. God chose to put in us freewill so that he himself cannot know for certain what we would decide. Instead, he knows what we would do only in terms of probabilities. In this case, there was a strong chance that Abraham would disobey. Who would sacrifice his one and only son? Any one of us in Abraham's shoes would probably have said to ourselves, "No, God can't be expecting that of me; I must be hearing him wrong," and dismissed the instruction. Therefore when Abraham DID obey, God could correctly say "Now I know...." because it was at that point God knew for certain Abraham feared him enough to sacrifice his own son.