Missing Messages from God

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Tonight, and a few other times before, I knew God was trying to tell me something. I felt it very strongly. So I stopped what I was doing and listened, and followed what I thought he was saying. But I couldn't tell what was me and what was God. When the feeling comes on, I know it's not me, but then I try so hard to understand what I need to, my mind gets in the way and I can't quite get it.

Then tonight... I probably did, but I didn't listen. Because it was telling me to go do something I was very scared to do. So I didn't go, and then I felt even more anxious. But I suffer from anxiety... so discernment is rather hard in these instances.

It's late so I hope this post makes some sort of sense. Basically, what can I do when I know God wants to tell me something but I can't hear it?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

Hi ToniM   Welcome to Worthy.

Do you have someone you can go to for discernment?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

2 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

Hi ToniM   Welcome to Worthy.

Do you have someone you can go to for discernment?

I did. The one who helped open my eyes and get me started on my journey. But he's going through something now and pushing me away so I'm left to try and navigate on my own. Trying to give him space to take care of himself for a while and as I'm only a few months into this journey, and only just found my church a month ago, I have yet to have other close Christian connections. Most of my close friends are atheist or new age so it's a lonely journey thus far with a lot of judgement and even some fights.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Praying~!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/03/1973

5 hours ago, ToniM said:

Tonight, and a few other times before, I knew God was trying to tell me something. I felt it very strongly. So I stopped what I was doing and listened, and followed what I thought he was saying. But I couldn't tell what was me and what was God. When the feeling comes on, I know it's not me, but then I try so hard to understand what I need to, my mind gets in the way and I can't quite get it.

Then tonight... I probably did, but I didn't listen. Because it was telling me to go do something I was very scared to do. So I didn't go, and then I felt even more anxious. But I suffer from anxiety... so discernment is rather hard in these instances.

It's late so I hope this post makes some sort of sense. Basically, what can I do when I know God wants to tell me something but I can't hear it?

So what did he say.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Their are only three ways one can achieve true spiritual Discernment. First make sure YOUR Saved!

Examine yourself to see if YOUR TRULY in the faith.

Belief is not good enough you have to KNOW you are saved! Second  meditation in God's word KJV on a DAILY BASIS. Third daily prayer a strong prayer life requires Santification so confess any known sin to God so he can speak to you more clearly. If you don't make sure you have done what's required you have quenched the Spirit of the Holy Ghost. That's your guide that guides you  to all truth. 

John  16:13 KJV Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Psalms  25:5 KJV Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

On 1/17/2016 at 1:03 AM, ToniM said:

I did. The one who helped open my eyes and get me started on my journey. But he's going through something now and pushing me away so I'm left to try and navigate on my own. Trying to give him space to take care of himself for a while and as I'm only a few months into this journey, and only just found my church a month ago, I have yet to have other close Christian connections. Most of my close friends are atheist or new age so it's a lonely journey thus far with a lot of judgement and even some fights.

The new church should have a Ministry team you can ask someone in this team if there is something you can do to help the church for not only their benefit but also your personal growth in faith.

If they don't have this team try talking to the pastor and explain to him/her your situation.  The writer of Hebrews twice tells  us to obey them that have the spiritual rule over us; Hebrews 13:7; 17.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

There were normally 2 or 3 witnesses in the Bible.  When Jesus was baptized, there was a Voice from heaven, the witness of the Holy Spirit descending like a dove,  that of John the Baptist, and even the prophets.  

When God speaks to us He also may do it in several ways and all agree.  You may hear an audible voice or just hear His still small voice in your heart.  You will have a confirmation of the Holy Spirit.  It takes time to recognize what is of ourselves and what is truly from God.  But GOD NEVER contradicts Scripture.   It will always be in agreement with the law and the prophets, and in accord with things Jesus did.  Mature Christians will agree.

When I first started walking in the Spirit, I would hear a message in a sermon that I knew God was speaking directly to my heart.  Then I would hear the same thing in a radio sermon from another church, and find the same thing in my daily Bible reading.  It would be as if it were shouting at me!  God always made sure I heard Him.  Some people randomly open their Bibles to the very words they had heard in their hearts in addition to confirmation from Godly christians..  Then opportunity will present itself to obey--a door will be opened.  

Once when God was telling me to attend another church, doors were closed repeatedly. (Our new pastor was not a believer.)  I missed the time when the summer schedual changed.  I was unable to learn the new time.  My son was begging to go to Sunday School and they had none during the summer.  So I took him to another church that was close by for the summer.  When fall came I again missed the time change for my home church.  Finally I got a bulletin that announced there would be childcare for infants and toddlers during church and Sunday School.  So I prayed, Lord, if you want me to go somewhere else, please have there be no childcare on Sunday.  When I got there no child care was available.  I put my kindergarten age son in his class and took my toddler to the adult class.  The teachers for my son complained that he wouldn't hold still, and someone came from another class saying that my toddler (who was being very quiet) was being disruptive by walking up and down the pew.  THEY ASKED ME TO LEAVE!.  

God will make the message very plain.  He will repeat it often.  It will not contradict Scripture.  Godly people will affirm it.  He often opens or closes doors.  As you mature, you will be more accustomed to recognizing His voice.  But there will always be confirmation by 2 or 3 witnesses.