FreeinChrist

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

So does anyone know of Charles Spurgeon view on the Millennium or where I might find it?

Being more of the historical view on Revelations, and not a futurist;  I know most in my camp don't believe in the 1000 year reign, but I do and understood that Spurgeon also was a historicist who taught the Millennium.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

On 17/01/2016 at 1:53 AM, FreeinChrist said:

So does anyone know of Charles Spurgeon view on the Millennium or where I might find it?

Being more of the historical view on Revelations, and not a futurist;  I know most in my camp don't believe in the 1000 year reign, but I do and understood that Spurgeon also was a historicist who taught the Millennium.

"If I read the word aright, and it is honest to admit that there is much room for difference of opinion here, the day will come, when the Lord Jesus will descend from heaven with a shout, with the trump of the archangel and the voice of God. Some think that this descent of the Lord will be post-millennial  that is, after the thousand years of his reign. I cannot think so. I conceive that the advent will be PRE-millennial  that he will come first; and then will come the millennium as the result of his personal reign upon earth. But whether or no, this much is the fact, that Christ will suddenly come, come to reign, and come to judge the earth in righteousness." [from Justification & Glory MTP Vol 11, Year 1865, pg. 249, Romans 8:30 (age 31)]

http://www.reformedreader.org/spurgeon/mview.htm

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

Thank you Ezra, really appreciate your help.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Actually, from all I've ever seen and heard and read, all the men of God trusting Him (and not trusting the enemy church) believe in the millennium -the 'a-mil' deception was devised on purpose as part of a huge scheme to keep people from finding the truth and God's Kingdom.

On January 17, 2016 at 2:53 AM, FreeinChrist said: