• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

10 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Europe won't have a culture after Islamic Extremists are through.  Isis and Islamic Extremists are destroying the culture of countries they take land from.  This is a long-term game they are playing.  Enjoy Europe while there still is one.

Which may not be for much  longer at all. 

4 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Isn't Russia still in Europe or has it moved?  Isn't the UK and France still considered to be in Europe or has Europe been redefined.  France was testing nuclear weapons when I was growing up and I'm 66!  I'm glad I'm in a free country.  It's our strength and willingness to use it that keeps the US free.  I guess we could have left Europe handle their own affairs in World War II.

Nuclear warheads won't do much against chemical weapons.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  209
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

We are to be kind to strangers want to live in peace and assimilate into our society and be one of us.   But those who come here who want to change our way of life and want us to ban parts of our culture that they don't agree with in order to appease their sensitivities...   We don't have to live in peace with them.   They need to leave and go live somewhere else.   We are not going to change our ways, our country, and forsake our traditions just to appease some foreigner.   And if they want to force us to change, and force their culture on us, we can deal with them in ways that will be rather unpleasant.

Dear Shiloh,

please forgive me for getting a bit tired of these recurring prejudices. I already pointed out that it is not true that Swiss Muslims want to change the Swiss flag. And contrary to what you may have heard most refugees coming to Europe these days are quite eager to live in peace with us, to integrate into our societies, to learn the language and to become hard-working law-abiding citizens. Now integration doesn’t mean assimilation. There’s no need for that, because it’s the West’s trade mark that our societies are open for many walks of life and respect the freedom of religion.

Love,

junobet  

13 hours ago, Thallasa said:

13 hours ago, Thallasa said:

I will agree with that ,up to this point . Society is different today in the west and there is a lot of formal structures like universal free education ,some welfare and so on which did not exist then . And we are not told to make someones life easy ,but to help them , that is give a helping hand ,not a lifestyle , which many expect nowadays .

It is quite funny how some people who expect this lifestyle, use Jesus to excuse their laziness and demand from others .

Well, actually there were some kinds of welfare systems in Biblical times, but I agree that ours are far more evolved. Sadly a lot of our hard fought for social achievements are being demolished these days. Even universal free education isn’t a given any more.

For the sake of experience I once tried to live on the amount of money people on welfare would get in my country. I can assure you that it was a lousy lifestyle. When the first heating bill arrived I gave up. Had I in fact been dependent on that little money I would then have had the choice between being cold or hungry. A sad inescapable reality for many of our fellowmen.

And if you put me in one of the makeshift refugee shelters my country provides, with no private sphere whatsoever, I’d go bonkers in about a week. The people there actually want to work, but aren’t allowed to, yet.

Also I’m very much aware that the Bangladeshi seamstress who made the shirt I’m wearing is certainly not lazy but works much harder than I do, yet she is much much much poorer. The predator capitalism we are part of is deeply destructive for most of this world’s population.

So if all I knew from the Bible was the story of the rich man and Lazarus (Luke 16:19-31), I’d think any of us in the West shouldn’t hold high hopes for the afterlife. May that story be a warning to us, so that we change our ways.

Love,

junobet

12 minutes ago, junobet said:

Dear Shiloh,

please forgive me for getting a bit tired of these recurring prejudices. I already pointed out that it is not true that Swiss Muslims want to change the Swiss flag. And contrary to what you may have heard most refugees coming to Europe these days are quite eager to live in peace with us, to integrate into our societies, to learn the language and to become hard-working law-abiding citizens. Now integration doesn’t mean assimilation. There’s no need for that, because it’s the West’s trade mark that our societies are open for many walks of life and respect the freedom of religion.

Love,

junobet  

6 minutes ago, junobet said:

Well, actually there were some kinds of welfare systems in Biblical times, but I agree that ours are far more evolved. Sadly a lot of our hard fought for social achievements are being demolished these days. Even universal free education isn’t a given any more.

For the sake of experience I once tried to live on the amount of money people on welfare would get in my country. I can assure you that it was a lousy lifestyle. When the first heating bill arrived I gave up. Had I in fact been dependent on that little money I would then have had the choice between being cold or hungry. A sad inescapable reality for many of our fellowmen.

And if you put me in one of the makeshift refugee shelters my country provides, with no private sphere whatsoever, I’d go bonkers in about a week. The people there actually want to work, but aren’t allowed to, yet.

Also I’m very much aware that the Bangladeshi seamstress who made the shirt I’m wearing is certainly not lazy but works much harder than I do, yet she is much much much poorer. The predator capitalism we are part of is deeply destructive for most of this world’s population.

So if all I knew from the Bible was the story of the rich man and Lazarus (Luke 16:19-31), I’d think any of us in the West shouldn’t hold high hopes for the afterlife. May that story be a warning to us, so that we change our ways.

Love,

junobet

I always enjoy reading your posts.

Guest Thallasa
5 hours ago, junobet said:

Love,

junobet

Agreed, and I find it difficult here to help some  people understand, that loving your neighbour means too, to not exploit them to make your life easier more comfortable at their expense .  It is a general rule of "treat people, the way you like to be treated" .   So look within oneself  and at your countries behaviour too , to see the problems which beset you , not at others only, as we will be judged on that, among other things  .It is impossible not to live in the world in some ways but we can become aware of ,and perhaps do some little things which shows that we care . Some people think it is just being   passively polite , but sometimes it is neccessary to be  direct , as some hide behind a false ideas . 

Loev too you to and God Bless   , from Thallasa

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

The West needs to wake up and take action before it's too late. There is more than one kind of Jihad. The Jihad we dub "extreme" involves converting and/or losing your head. Other forms of Jihad entail mass immigration and take over via population growth...and it's happening at an alarming rate. Westerners are too "PC" for their (our) own good. When are we going to start creating laws to protect ourselves from the harm Islam brings? While there are some peaceful Muslims, their religion is NOT one of peace. Just as their are luke warm Christians, there are also luke warm Muslims...which is not surprising considering many of them are forced to at least go through the motions of Islam...regardless of what they truly believe.

Guest Thallasa
7 hours ago, junobet said:

Love,

junobet

Junobet ,I think we are on the same page ,and I am more than aware of the fact that we must be just and that we must know how we can exploit others ,but I think that you are bending too much in one direction . I have studied and lived with people from all cultures and none and when my family moved as immigrants to Scotland from Ireland where we were treated as 'strange and dangerous' ,we had to work like 'navvies ' day and night to survive and we expected nothing except  tobe able to do that ,and live in peace .

Today most immigrants expect free stuff to which they have not contributed and I saw yesterday that Moslem men in the UK with more than one wife can expect to receive free welfare .  This is truly diabolical stuff and the final nail in the coffin

of sympathy , because this kind of expoitation has been going on in the UK by tihs particular group since they came here . I know because I taught all immigrant groups and the Moslems were the most arrogant and presumptiousand the least cooperative -they wish no help ,nor any true integration .  So most were fine and friendly, but not the Moslems  in general .

There are of course individuals who do fit any  stereotype , and we should support them ,but because some incidents are not true they are derived from an overall truth :that Moslems do not integrate at all ,but change the society in which they live . Like you I hate predjudice ,and like to give people a chance ,but the facts are there and you cannot ignore them . 

Guest Thallasa
7 hours ago, junobet said:

Dear Shiloh,

Love,

junobet  

I don't agree on much with Shiloh ,but he right about this  . It is based on facts ; do your homework . Are you from the UK ?  

15 hours ago, Thallasa said:

Junobet ,I think we are on the same page ,and I am more than aware of the fact that we must be just and that we must know how we can exploit others ,but I think that you are bending too much in one direction .

Well, that may be so. Thing is that I'm the kind of person who likes to balance things (well some will say I'm just contrary :b:) . So I'm at my most conservative when among liberals and at my most liberal when among conservatives.