• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/2449/immigrants-swiss-flag-cross

An immigrant group based in Bern has called for the emblematic white cross to be removed from the Swiss national flag because as a Christian symbol it "no longer corresponds to today's multicultural Switzerland."

Ivica Petrusic, the vice president of Seconds@plus, a lobbying group that represents mostly Muslim second-generation foreigners in Switzerland (who colloquially are known as secondos) says the group will launch a nationwide campaign in October to ask Swiss citizens to consider adopting a flag that is less offensive to Muslim immigrants.

In a September 18 interview with the Swiss newspaper Aargauer Zeitung Petrusic said the cross has a Christian background and while the Christian roots of Switzerland should be respected, "it is necessary to separate church and state" because "Switzerland today has a great religious and cultural diversity. One has to ask if the State wants to continue building up a symbol in which many people no longer believe."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

This is so ridiculous.  sigh.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

It is sad. It can be us. I don't think people understand that even if you try to remove God he is still not going any where. This is still his world.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, OakWood said:

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/2449/immigrants-swiss-flag-cross

An immigrant group based in Bern has called for the emblematic white cross to be removed from the Swiss national flag because as a Christian symbol it "no longer corresponds to today's multicultural Switzerland."

Ivica Petrusic, the vice president of Seconds@plus, a lobbying group that represents mostly Muslim second-generation foreigners in Switzerland (who colloquially are known as secondos) says the group will launch a nationwide campaign in October to ask Swiss citizens to consider adopting a flag that is less offensive to Muslim immigrants.

In a September 18 interview with the Swiss newspaper Aargauer Zeitung Petrusic said the cross has a Christian background and while the Christian roots of Switzerland should be respected, "it is necessary to separate church and state" because "Switzerland today has a great religious and cultural diversity. One has to ask if the State wants to continue building up a symbol in which many people no longer believe."

What's next? Sad :(

I'm not surprised this is happening, in how long do they think Europe will be Islamic?

11 minutes ago, angels4u said:

What's next? Sad :(

I'm not surprised this is happening, in how long do they think Europe will be Islamic?

Statistics have suggested that the whole of Europe will be majority Muslim by the year 2050, some countries in particular sooner than that.

However, these statistics were put together before the recent influx of migrants. I expect there to be massive problems before the end of the decade, if you want my opinion.

Of course, we're in the End Times and the people who have put together the statistics do not believe in God. Hopefully, Jesus will return to judge the World long before we reach the middle of this century.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

41 minutes ago, OakWood said:

Statistics have suggested that the whole of Europe will be majority Muslim by the year 2050, some countries in particular sooner than that.

However, these statistics were put together before the recent influx of migrants. I expect there to be massive problems before the end of the decade, if you want my opinion.

Of course, we're in the End Times and the people who have put together the statistics do not believe in God. Hopefully, Jesus will return to judge the World long before we reach the middle of this century.

It's not a good situation, swimming pools have warning signs not to touch women  because of all the rapes and some swimming pools don't even allow immigrants in their pools anymore.

They are taught how to treat women because of all the rapes ..

Very sad situation if you can't be safe in the country you were born in, 95% of the immigrants  are male?

I did hear they expect Europe to be Islamic in 20 years..

2 hours ago, angels4u said:

It's not a good situation, swimming pools have warning signs not to touch women  because of all the rapes and some swimming pools don't even allow immigrants in their pools anymore.

They are taught how to treat women because of all the rapes ..

Very sad situation if you can't be safe in the country you were born in, 95% of the immigrants  are male?

I did hear they expect Europe to be Islamic in 20 years..

20 years is a reasonable assumption too. I have also heard the year 2035 bandied about in some circles.

Guest Thallasa
18 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

the crusades were evil according to most accounts I've seen in , well, ever.....

"killing in the name of God" by all aggressors.......

so.....   what's changed ?  'peace, peace' ? 

A crusade does not neccessarily entail bloodshed . Worthy is on a 'crusade' to teach the bible etc . Jeff you lack subtility . And as for the other crusades ,well we would not be on this website ,speaking English ,being Christians  :instead we would be talking arabic among other things ,there would be no internet as the science involved ws developed in the west most particularly chez les Etats Unies in a Christian (well originally christian) culture  . 

This piece of news here, is the last straw for me -that is getting rid of the Cross on a national flag to please a backward culture  which has contributed nothing of real value to advanced human culture .

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

Any guesses about whether or not switzerland entertains this? 

They are a neutral country (supposedly). Im guessing they will cave in for the sake of unity.