IGNORED

Is the doctrine of the Trinity biblical?

JohnD

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

@JohnD:  I mistakenly quoted your OP, in my Jan.23 reply on this thread. I should have quoted Completedbeliever1 instead. I hope you did not think my comments were at you John.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

It seems the earliest teachings on the subject all agree there are "three" when speaking of God. Monarchianism, which has a modern rendition in oneness Pentecostalism (God manifests in three modes of Father, Son, and Spirt), a pre-Nicean trinity, and the view of Arius (there was a time the Son was not,) but his teachings were destroyed. It appears Athanasius, the theologian of the Nicean trinity, applied Platonic philosophy to explain how the Father, Son, and Spirit are in reality.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Started this thread to generate a lively discussion. It appears to have worked. LOL

The reveled text of scripture presents numerous dilemmas to those who reject or oppose or redefine the Trinity.

For example:

John 1:14 (AV)
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Luke 3:38 (AV)
38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

It makes perfect sense when you approach this from the Trinity perspective that Adam was the son of God (the Word).

John 1:1–3 (AV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Colossians 1:13–16 (AV)
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Isaiah 44:24 (AV)
24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

In other words, there are things and traits unique to each individual in the Godhead that do not apply to the others.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

To each individual ?? 

I wish to know about the three individuals and the Godhead. 

Is there some other word to use for "Godhead", this word confuses our imagination. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

14 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

To each individual ?? 

To each individual Divine Person.

14 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I wish to know about the three individuals and the Godhead. 

The Godhead is God in His triune existence. "Godhead" means divinity.  The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all fully God.

16 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Is there some other word to use for "Godhead", this word confuses our imagination. 

Since that is the word given by Divine revelation, it should be accepted as such.  And it is beyond human imagination, so it should be accepted by faith.

I am not judging and niether I am contegious. 

Jesus did not use the word "Godhead", but he use a group of other words.

No one of the disciples including Paul ever use the word.                  " Godhead ", they use different words.

All the other words they use within the context, they have another application and another meaning than the many meanings various people attempt to give.

By using substitute words they have indroduse something that even them selfs can not explain.

Those who attempt to explain it, they end up making it more confusing to others and even to them selfs. What I am trying to point out is, there is not unity in any of the explanation, and are still searching for another way to explain it continuesly. 

The disciples kept things original and did not have this problem.

In a friendly way, Paul did not suggest and he did not give any discription that it is close to the discription you have try to comunicate,  in any one of his epistles .

I don't want to take up your statements one by one,  unless they were scriptures, and are found in the writings of the disciples.

You know very well, that you are not quoting scriptures, with your strong statements.

Even this simple word, " fully", it is not aproprietly  and fit word to use, unless you could tell us, what it is the less to been fully, or why you see the need to say fully, why you have to use this word with such a strong emphasis, like that it was a time that they were less than fully. 

If you were taking about something that it is less than fully, or empty and we can observe it as it is been filled, then we can say it is full. 

1 John 5:7 does not appear in some of the more ancient texts and is generally accepted as a well-intentioned  edit / addition to the text (which is never a good idea as it makes all scripture appear to some to be in question).  King James only advocates swear it is true to the original text (the King James Version)... which I say with tongue firmly planted in cheek. 

I am a firm believer in the triunity of God because it is biblical. But one is going to have to do more digging than a scripture here or there to find it in the Bible.

9 hours ago, Giller said:

This scripture is from the King James version.

1Jn 5:7-8
(7)  For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
(8)  And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

These 3 are one , nothing more has to be said.

And we do not need private interpretations to this scripture.

There is something that we are consern about, is there going to be peace between the FATHER and the SON always.

Or the time will come that there is going to be a division, between the  FATHER and the SON, and what about the Holy Spirit is it going to have to side and with whom. 

In simple words is our place in Heaven quarandie , is it forever, for we are made in the image of  Jesus Christ, as he is we are.

He is our peace with the FATHER, if he is at peace with the FATHER we are at peace with the FATHER.

Is there a time when there is going to be a division between the two, and if there is going to be a division between the two, what about the Holy Spirit, will remain loyal to the FATHER.

Is Jesus going to lead a rebellion against the FATHER, and if he fails and is expelled, are we also will be expelled from Heavens with him?

This is a disturbing thought, because it happen before but with different parties and not Jesus.

That's why we have the assurance that this is never going to happen, there is never going to be a war or a division between the FATHER and the SON, that's why we say they are one in Spirit in mind in propose in direction in everything, there is a complete agreement between the two. 

Actually the FATHER has given everything to Jesus Christ, and he has stay on the side by giving him everything. 

So it is Jesus who makes all the decisions, and the FATHER gave him all he had all his wisdom and all his theoties and his Holy Spirit. 

There is going to be peace between the two, and Jesus is always going to be our peace with the FATHER, 

For without him we can not be in the FATHER, and the FATHER can not be in us. 

We can not be one with the FATHER, wihout Jesus, for this is our assurance that we are one with the FATHER, that Jesus is one with the FATHER, and the FATHER has given him his Holy Spirit that works in us his children in the name of Jesus.

That's what Jonh is telling us that the life is in the Son of God Jesus Christ, and if we have the Son we have the LIFE and the FATHER.

And Jonh is telling us, how the word who was made flesh, and was born from a woman just like we are born, and how he had flesh and blood like us, and he was made like us, that he can die the way we die. 

And when he died just like the rest of the humanity before him,  he follow in their destination, he went where we were going, and I don't mean only as a Jew.

For he died for all, first for the Jews, for he descented to the bossom of Abraham first and then to all the rest who had die before him. 

And he is the life, and he gave the life to all who believed in him, 

When God gave Jesus the Heavens as his inheritance and raised from the dead, what do you think it happens to all of them who had believe in him and had recieved his life and were under his blood.

And were his children and the children of God the FATHER in Heavens. 

Neither the FATHER or the Holy Spirit will come after us, either to punish us or to win us over to them because we are with Jesus.

Because Jesus take us to the FATHER and there is not emnity between the FATHER and him in this matter, 

The FATHER can not have children without Jesus, and Jesus can not be what he is without the FATHER. They are always be in unity together.

We will have peace with them all the time, there is going to be unity with the FATHER and the SON all the time, and the Holy Spirit of God is going to be in the service of Jesus  all the time. Peace be with you. We have a Heavenly inheritance for ever.