• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/2/2016 at 0:21 AM, Esther4:14 said:

Creating food shortages is a strategy for the enemy because food shortages is a form of oppression and a method of enslaving a group of people.  According to the Bible, a food shortage was what caused everything and person to become the possession and property of Pharaoh.  

" When that year was over, they came to him the following year and said, “We cannot hide from our lord the fact that since our money is gone and our livestock belongs to you, there is nothing left for our lord except our bodies and our land. Why should we perish before your eyes—we and our land as well? Buy us and our land in exchange for food, and we with our land will be in bondage to Pharaoh. Give us seed so that we may live and not die, and that the land may not become desolate” (Genesis 47:18-19).  

An example of this effort to create oppression by controlling food production would be when it became legal to patent seeds like Monsanto has on their products.  This is only one example of many.  

However, this only creates a food shortage.  A food shortage does not create an economic crash when our economy is built on more than just food production.  I think the universal health care plan is going to be the straw that breaks the camels back and causes the economic crash.  It is only logical to conclude that the leading cause of bankruptcy for the individual will be the leading cause of bankruptcy for the US, which would cause the economic crash.  The US is the one buying predominately foreign goods.  This creates a domino effect.  If the US doesn't buy foreign goods, foreign countries cannot buy food.  If foreign countries cannot buy food, then will have to go to someone to find a way to survive like the people in Egypt came to Joseph.  

I do believe you're onto something here. In addition to the Obamacare health act, we are insolvent and bankrupt with at least 100 trillion (that's with a 'T') in unfunded entitlements coming due. We can barely pay the interest on the debt we have. Legally speaking, every citizen of the United States owns that debt, not the government. And who owns our debt exactly and how would they collect that massive debt "when" not if, we go belly up? It's interesting to ponder.

Man has crossed the threshold or firewall if you will, of God's creation of separation of species and boundaries in plant and animal, genetically tampering in places that He has forbidden. Being the consumate conspiracy theorist that I am, I suspect in addition to your post, something will go horribly wrong with the majority or all of the GMO food plants produced today we depend on. All GMO seeds are grievously restricted and patented by Monsanto and other conglomerates controlling the food industry.

I suspect there is a gross shortage of organic / heirloom seeds because Monsanto fought vigorously to replace them with GMO, and basically forced farmers to switch to their product by incentive and the force of law.

There's a lot of scenarios that could play out, but at this moment in history and barring direct intervention by God Himself, it's logical to assume this path could very well play out on its own. Like you stated, food is essential for survival, those who control the food control mankind and will bring it to its knees and bend people to their wills. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The black horse.The 3rd Horse of the Apocalypse in the book of Revelation which represents a great famine. This is future. We do not know how it will play out until it happens.

Revelation 6:5-6

Third Seal: Scarcity on Earth

When He opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come and see.” So I looked, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not harm the oil and the wine.”

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The black horse.The 3rd Horse of the Apocalypse in the book of Revelation which represents a great famine. This is future. We do not know how it will play out until it happens.

Revelation 6:5-6

Third Seal: Scarcity on Earth

When He opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come and see.” So I looked, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not harm the oil and the wine.”

Yep! But we can see the events leading up to it most likely?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Yep! But we can see the events leading up to it most likely?

Yes, we may be seeing some of the stepping stones leading up the the tribulation.

Guest BacKaran

As a widow, I went into panic mode in 2010 and prepped like a wild woman..... Until I spoke to my pastor who said.. will you or anyone really be prepared for what's coming in this fallen world? Did Jesus take care of the isaelites? Did He not take care of Lazarus? Nothing in this world, no thing  is worth worrying about as we place our faith, trust and lives in Him. He said we will not leave you behind when things get terrible.  Now this is a family I am blessed with! And of course the Bible tells us not to worry about food clothes or drink... live for Him today, tomorrow's not promised to anyone. He willore than meet your needs, I'm so thankful for His patience until He returns!?

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I personally believe that there will be another GFC, (Global Financial Crisis) late this year, (or early next year). It will be 10 times bigger than the last because of the huge debt bubble. As to how it will affect the food, well....it will make all our currencies devalued & thus our food will be dearer.

Smaller banks & those who get caught will be swallowed up by the larger ones. Power getting into fewer hands. The IMF (International Monetary Fund) is now much bigger, with 5 major currencies in their `basket,` which will turn out to be the `saviour` again of the world`s economic system. It will print money on its own authority & give it out to countries in need - at a price!

So it is all about getting rid of the old system & putting a better controlling one in its place.

BTW it is a good opportunity to grow some of our own food & share with others. In times of need people are more open to what is real - Jesus. So let`s see this as a great opportunity to trust the Lord, & help others.

Marilyn. 

Edited by Marilyn C

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:17 AM, BacKaran said:

As a widow, I went into panic mode in 2010 and prepped like a wild woman..... Until I spoke to my pastor who said.. will you or anyone really be prepared for what's coming in this fallen world? Did Jesus take care of the isaelites? Did He not take care of Lazarus? Nothing in this world, no thing  is worth worrying about as we place our faith, trust and lives in Him. He said we will not leave you behind when things get terrible.  Now this is a family I am blessed with! And of course the Bible tells us not to worry about food clothes or drink... live for Him today, tomorrow's not promised to anyone. He willore than meet your needs, I'm so thankful for His patience until He returns!?

Hi BacKaran,

Pleased to meet you & welcome here. Now I understand about trusting the Lord, for that is what we do every day & not to worry, have anxiety etc. However saying that I think I need to say that it doesn`t mean to not do anything. God expects us to be mindful of the times & able to share with others. Thus we see what has happened in countries recently when the banks closed their doors & only let people have a few dollars from the ATM machines. Food was quickly gone from the shelves etc. So we need to keep some cash on hand plus extra food for others who don`t have much. This is trusting God to be able to help others.

regards, Marilyn.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/24/2016 at 3:21 PM, tigger398 said:

How does food shortage fit into world economic crash.

I believe it will be the crash of money that will first be evident. God says that in one hour the riches will be brought to nothing. The love of money is the root of all evil and that's where God starts. 

When war breaks out, then the food crisis comes which has always been a side affect of war and then famine comes.

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 10/24/2016 at 5:17 PM, BacKaran said:

.... will you or anyone really be prepared for what's coming in this fallen world? Did Jesus take care of the isaelites? Did He not take care of Lazarus? Nothing in this world, no thing  is worth worrying about as we place our faith, trust and lives in Him. He said we will not leave you behind when things get terrible.  Now this is a family I am blessed with! And of course the Bible tells us not to worry about food clothes or drink... live for Him today, tomorrow's not promised to anyone. He will more than meet your needs, I'm so thankful for His patience until He returns!

..... The "TRIPLE+ PROMISE" is in the original >>>

Hebrews 13:5-6Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

Let your [a]character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor [c]give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [d][I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor [e]let [you] down ([f]relax My hold on you)! [[g]Assuredly not!]

So we take comfort and are encouraged and confidently and boldly say,

The Lord is my Helper; I will not be seized with alarm [I will not fear or dread or be terrified]. What can man do to me?