• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Spock

I do not believe the verses concerning the kingdoms of Media-Persia and Greece, Alexander and his four generals (verses 3-8 and 20-22), necessarily have to have an end time fulfillment also.  I believe the end time verses concerning the little horn, who is also the king of fierce countenance, will be fulfilled by the antichrist.  I see the antichrist coming from one of the four notable ones.  Whether that means from one of the areas that they ruled or from one of their bloodlines, I do not know.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

17 hours ago, Serving said:

LOL .. me too.

Come on bro., you really don't believe this is only about Alex the great, his 4 generals, and Antiochus, do you?  Why would Daniel be so wasted and confused through all this if that were so?  Why would Gabriel say 2-3 times this vision occurs in the "time of the end..."?

5 minutes ago, Watching for Jesus said:

Spock

I do not believe the verses concerning the kingdoms of Media-Persia and Greece, Alexander and his four generals (verses 3-8 and 20-22), necessarily have to have an end time fulfillment also.  I believe the end time verses concerning the little horn, who is also the king of fierce countenance, will be fulfilled by the antichrist.  I see the antichrist coming from one of the four notable ones.  Whether that means from one of the areas that they ruled or from one of their bloodlines, I do not know.

Exactly, if you agree that dude is the AC, then there should be more players who we can identify as end time players too.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Spock

I'm not sure if we will be able to figure out any of the other end time players until after the antichrist confirms the covenant of Daniel 9:27.  I believe that the antichrist will fulfill Daniel 11:21-45.  Those verses mention the king of the south and the king of the north.  I believe we will be able to figure out who they are once the "tribulation period" begins.

6 minutes ago, Watching for Jesus said:

Spock

I'm not sure if we will be able to figure out any of the other end time players until after the antichrist confirms the covenant of Daniel 9:27.  I believe that the antichrist will fulfill Daniel 11:21-45.  Those verses mention the king of the south and the king of the north.  I believe we will be able to figure out who they are once the "tribulation period" begins.

I believe Daniel said he is from the WEST!  So, what is west of Israel?

europe, USA for two. 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

14 minutes ago, Spock said:

Come on bro., you really don't believe this is only about Alex the great, his 4 generals, and Antiochus, do you?  Why would Daniel be so wasted and confused through all this if that were so?  Why would Gabriel say 2-3 times this vision occurs in the "time of the end..."?

I think the answer would also explain this passage:

• Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver and the gold were crushed all at the same time and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors; and the wind carried them away so that not a trace of them was found. But the stone that struck the statue became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.  Daniel 2:35

"All at the same time".  Hmmmm . . . .  How's that possible from a strictly "natural" perspective? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Spock,

Daniel says he (the final global leader) is from the north. Not the northern quarter, Russia, (Ez) but just north of Israel.

Marilyn.

3 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Spock,

Daniel says he (the final global leader) is from the north. Not the northern quarter, Russia, (Ez) but just north of Israel.

Marilyn.

Marilyn

then who is this coming from the west?

5As I was thinking about this, suddenly a goat with a prominent horn between its eyes came from the west, crossing the whole earth without touching the ground. 6It came toward the two-horned ram I had seen standing beside the canal and charged at it in great rage. 7I saw it attack the ram furiously, striking the ram and shattering its two horns.

dont forget, this vision concerns the time of the end, just before Christ returns. Come on Marilyn, I'm counting on you......

8 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

I think the answer would also explain this passage:

• Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver and the gold were crushed all at the same time and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors; and the wind carried them away so that not a trace of them was found. But the stone that struck the statue became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.  Daniel 2:35

"All at the same time".  Hmmmm . . . .  How's that possible from a strictly "natural" perspective? 

Hi Last Daze,

That is a pictorial representation & you can`t have some things literal & some symbolic. It is all symbolic, otherwise you can just pick & choose what you want for whatever. Now we know that the first 4 world Rulers have ALL been judged & are ALL gone.

eg. `You have been weighed in the balances, & found wanting; ...your kingdom has been divided & given to the Medes & Persians..` (Dan. 5: 27 & 28)

Clearly ALL of those 4 world Rulers, their governments, their power & authority have gone. Thus the symbolic picture of the great image being struck is a pictorial representation of God dealing with the Gentile`s world governments - even though it has happened over time.

Marilyn. 

Edited by Marilyn C

Hi Spock,

Now you amaze me bro. Here you are wanting all of this passage (Dan. 8) to be contemporary yet you miss where God clearly gives us the contemporary super powers, (ch. 7) I will visit them again soon. Remember when I first came on this forum, 2 years ago & we chatted about that. Maybe soon it will be time to revisit that as there are newies on here.

OK, back to ch. 8.  `And in the latter time of their kingdom....` (v. 23)  Only this part is contemporary.

Then as God has told us who the goat is - `the kingdom of Greece..` I can`t go beyond what God tells me. Thus you need to address why you can`t believe God here. This chapter is about the area that the final Global leader arises, & then in ch. 11 we get more detail as to what part of that area, - the north. So find out the area & then find out the north part.

Marilyn.