• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

52 minutes ago, Spock said:

Watching and Sis,

i think I agree with everything you two said. We all see that vision as being near and far and thus the goat and the horn from the goat will be end time players. 

So, I guess you two believe a great person will arise out of that goat (who had 4 horns and 1 horn arose out of them ). 

Am I right in saying this? 

8. but at the height of its power the large horn was broken off, and in its place four prominent horns grew up toward the four winds of heaven.

9Out of one of them came another horn, which started small but grew in power to the south and to the east and toward the Beautiful Land. 10It grew until it reached the host of the heavens, and it threw some of the starry host down to the earth and trampled on them. 11It set itself up to be as great as the commander of the army of the Lord; it took away the daily sacrifice from the Lord, and his sanctuary was thrown down. 12Because of rebellion, the Lord’s peoplea and the daily sacrifice were given over to it. It prospered in everything it did, and truth was thrown to the ground.

Spock.

Spock

Yes I believe that this King of a fierce countenance (The False Prophet) will arise out of one of those 4 horns kingdom in the last days.  It would be the King of the North's kingdom he will come out of.  The iron. 

For if we go to the feet in Daniel's vision of the image concerning the end time kingdom;

the feet have iron mixed with clay.  Iron was Rome in the past (the legs)  Even though Rome lost her dominion, she still has fragments in the end time kingdom (the feet).  Her governing system still remained (democracy) but It's a different type of Rome now, a mixed Rome.  Not the same Rome as before, but a reformed Rome and the roots are of her.

Now saying that I don't believe the False Prophet will come out of Rome specifically, maybe he will, who knows,  but he will come out of any nation that's associated with her and one with her.  This empire.  The ten are working together.  It could be Brussels, Germany, England, any one of them, we just have to wait and see.  But he will be a Jew.  A Jew coming from the North.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  6

A Jew!  Where did that come from?

59 minutes ago, Spock said:

Spock

How did you answer so fast!  I didn't even have time to edit my post. lol. 

Nahum 1:11   There is one come out of thee, that imagineth evil against the LORD, a wicked counsellor.

Nahum 1:12   Thus saith the LORD; Though they be quiet, and likewise many, yet thus shall they be cut down, when he shall pass through. Though I have afflicted thee, I will afflict thee no more.

Nahum 1:13   For now will I break his yoke from off thee, and will burst thy bonds in sunder.

God is speaking to Israel.

Im a young guy! (Wink)

Scratching my head on that passage from Nahum.  This is your reason why the FP is a Jew from the North?  Hmmmm

Spock

There's another clue in a different scripture, but I can't find it right now.  Will keep looking.

It makes sense for Israel will not accept a non-Jew as their Messiah, when this man comes.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Dan. 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom,
When the transgressors have reached their fullness,
A king shall arise,
Having fierce features,
Who understands sinister schemes.

The king was Antiochus Epiphanes, who God allowed to "cast down the place of His sanctuary" "because of transgression/the transgressors." In 168 BC. The word little in "little horn" (8:9) is H4704 "diminutive"; as contrasted with 7:8's "little horn" H2192 "little, small." These are different horns. Antiochus was the lesser of the two.

8:11-12 He even exalted himself as high as the Prince of the host; and by him the daily sacrifices were taken away, and the place of His sanctuary was cast down. Because of transgression, an army was given over to the horn to oppose the daily sacrifices; and he cast truth down to the ground. He did all this and prospered.

These transgressors -- and the Hebrew word pesha can equally mean apostates/apostatizers -- were the corrupt Jewish priests, who promoted Hellenistic religious and secular customs in Judah. They were led by two High Priests in succession that bought their office by bribing Antiochus. The rightful and pious high priest Onias III was driven out and later assassinated. All explained in the Books of the Maccabees.

From this point on, the Jewish priesthood continued in a corrupt state, sometimes more, sometimes less. This transgression/apostasy/pesha is what is referred to again by the angel in Dan. 9:24:

Seventy weeks are determined
For your people and for your holy city,
To finish the transgression/apostasy/pesha...

The corrupt Levitical priesthood was later condemned by Jesus in Matt. 23, and came to the end of its authority over the Israelites in 70 A.D.

Dan. 8:21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.
22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power.
23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors/apostates are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

The "latter time of their [the 4 kings'] kingdom" refers to the end of the Greek empire, the 3rd beast of Dan. 7. The final remnants of that empire came to an end before Jesus was born, being snuffed out and mostly absorbed by Rome. This phrase therefore cannot refer to the end of our age, in which the 4th beast of Dan. 7 holds sway.

What makes Antiochus Epiphanes unique among the Greek monarchs is that, although he was of royal Seleucid blood, he had lived in Rome. When he came from Rome to take over the Seleucid Kingdom, he brought with him Roman manners. Thus he was a kind of transition figure between the two empires. Rome in those days was truly an empire in its own right, but it did not have its first sole emperor, Julius Caesar, until over 130 years later.

2 hours ago, Spock said:
58 minutes ago, Spock said:

Im a young guy! (Wink)

Scratching my head on that passage from Nahum.  This is your reason why the FP is a Jew from the North?  Hmmmm

Spock

Read it again young man!

Nahum 1:11   There is one come out of thee, that imagineth evil against the LORD, a wicked counsellor.

There has been "many" who came out of Israel who imagined evil against the LORD, but here God is speaking of only "ONE".

Who is this "One" man in particular ...who will stand out above the rest?

Israel's biggest mistake was rejecting the true Messiah.  The false one they will accept.  He can only be a Jew for Israel to accept him for the scriptures say their Messiah will be a Jew.  They are waiting for a Jew to be their king.  He will use deceit to convince them that he is "the one" they have been waiting for.  He will counsel not only Israel with his smooth words, but the whole world.  The world will be in awe of everything he speaks.  He is a counsellor, but a wicked one.  He destroys by preaching peace.  His words are smoother than butter, and his counsel is not honest, for he only has war in his heart.

God is going to afflict Israel with Jacobs trouble.  But mercy comes in and Christ will come and end that war and destroy that wicked counsellor which Israel ended up been burdened with.  God will break his yoke from them.

Seek for the hidden manner, for if we read scripture too fast we'll miss the clues ;)

Can anything that spectacular come from the hand of Nahum?  (Just kidding, just kidding......) :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

14 hours ago, Watching for Jesus said:

Marilyn

I have always held that view, even when I was a teenager just starting to read the Bible.  I didn't read very many commentaries by anyone else, I just read the King James Bible and formed my own opinions.

Hi Watching for Jesus,

That is amazing. God gave you revelation when the main stream were still locked in the past. well done.

Marilyn.