• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

5 hours ago, Sister said:

The prophecy from starts off with Jesus.  Then it speaks about the remnants of Israel being saved when the Assyrian comes into their Land and treads their palaces (high places). 

Those that attack the land of Assyria (Satan's land spiritually speaking) at the entrances God calls "The Land of Nimrod"

Nimrod was the old King of Babel.  This prophecy concerns the end times.

I only found this chapter by accident just before I posted, so to me it made my case even stronger which is what my whole post is about.  My post is about that tricky scripture in Revelation about the beast who was, and is not, and yet is.  Many say it's Rome coming back, or it's Medo-Persia (Islam) etc etc, but I see it in this particular chapter of Revelation, and only this chapter as referring to Babel spiritually speaking.  That same system, under the one umbrella.

I definately cannot see it as Rome in this chapter, because Rome was not before Rome.

As for me insisting what my views are, I am not pointing a gun to anyone's head.  It's just something I've thought about for a long time and I think it's worth a discussion.  There could be a good reason why I'm wrong, that I can't see, and if anyone can show, I'd like to hear it.  I have discussed it before, but I can't remember where, and sometimes we just like to go over things again because there are new people on here who's brains are ticking and they might just be interested Lord willing.  You never know.

Are you attempting to teach these theories or are you trying to get opinions? 

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Morning Glory

What does this mean when you asked this?

Care to explain in more detail?

You did not understand the prophecy, because I did not interpret every single verse, which I thought was self explanatory, so in turn you had no idea what my point was?

So now after taking the time to answer you, instead of saying thank you, you say this?

Are you attempting to teach these theories or are you trying to get opinions? 

Are you ok?

How am I supposed to answer that one?

Isn't this a discussion board?

Yes I would love opinions that have some substance on what I chose to discuss about this topic.  Maybe you can shed some light on who the beast that was, is not, and yet is, is referring to.  That would help.  Maybe you can correct me with something solid.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

6 minutes ago, Sister said:

Morning Glory

What does this mean when you asked this?

You did not understand the prophecy, because I did not interpret every single verse, which I thought was self explanatory, so in turn you had no idea what my point was?

So now after taking the time to answer you, instead of saying thank you, you say this?

Are you ok?

How am I supposed to answer that one?

Isn't this a discussion board?

Yes I would love opinions that have some substance on what I chose to discuss about this topic.  Maybe you can shed some light on who the beast that was, is not, and yet is, is referring to.  That would help.  Maybe you can correct me with something solid.

I'm sorry you're confused by my post.  I always like to know where ideas come from, and from whom, and also what is the intent behind said ideas.  I always look for unbiblical teaching.  So......are you teaching or just discussing?

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, Spock said:

By the way, may I add this one thought: why is it everyone from the land down under, Australia, is a fantastic and gracious poster, who I am proud to call my brother or sister in the Lord?  I've noticed that.  

Okay, I got that off my chest. Carry on, back to Revelation. 

Thanks Spock.

Our mama's taught us good manners!  And our Father in heaven taught us to love everybody and be gentle!

I was bullied in school, causing major problems of deppression for me.  I even attempted suicide a few times, then God came to the rescue. That shame of being belittled in front of everybody, the false accusations, those words that hurt me so much, it nearly took my life.  Thank the Good Lord he came just in time, or I would never have known him.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The key to understanding is in the truth about salvation.  Salvation comes only through the self existent one as Jesus name tells us.  We cannot save ourselves.  

Perdition is opposite of addition in a sense where it speaks of a place where people go who seek to save themselves. 

The babbelonians sought to save themselves from Gods judgement and so they sought to build a tower, a place of refuge against the judgment of God under their king.  God destroyed their works.

Listen to the politicians of our day.  To the pope.  They all have one message.  We must save ourselves by joining together as one.  They are headed into perdition.  

Nobody is teaching the true gospel that the only salvation there is in anything comes through trusting in the name of the only begotten son of God, the self existent one os salvation!

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, Sister said:

Thanks Spock.

Our mama's taught us good manners!  And our Father in heaven taught us to love everybody and be gentle!

I was bullied in school, causing major problems of deppression for me.  I even attempted suicide a few times, then God came to the rescue. That shame of being belittled in front of everybody, the false accusations, those words that hurt me so much, it nearly took my life.  Thank the Good Lord he came just in time, or I would never have known him.

Thanks for sharing about your life. I am sorry you were bullied, but being a teacher, I see that ugly side of mankind too.  The works of the FLESH are evident in many unbelievers. I REALLY come down hard on it in my classroom, and I will do the same here if I see it (especially toward you).  Consider me your personal guardian angel. 

In His love,

spock

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

8 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I'm sorry you're confused by my post.  I always like to know where ideas come from, and from whom, and also what is the intent behind said ideas.  I always look for unbiblical teaching.  So......are you teaching or just discussing?

I'm not so sure you can clearly delineate between teaching and discussing.  If a person is willing to engage in the exchange of ideas, if they will clarify and provide the rationale behind what they say, if they are willing to address dissenting ideas, is that not a discussion?  People have different ways of engaging in discussion.  Several people in these forums come across as authoritative, and they may be, but if they're willing to engage in discussion then their style is irrelevant, at least as far as I'm concerned.

I see the "teaching" that is objected to more as a one-way dissemination of information.  Discussion are a two-way exchange.  Do people learn from the discussions on this site?  I have and I'm sure others have as well.  Discussions can teach.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

46 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

I'm not so sure you can clearly delineate between teaching and discussing.  If a person is willing to engage in the exchange of ideas, if they will clarify and provide the rationale behind what they say, if they are willing to address dissenting ideas, is that not a discussion?  People have different ways of engaging in discussion.  Several people in these forums come across as authoritative, and they may be, but if they're willing to engage in discussion then their style is irrelevant, at least as far as I'm concerned.

I see the "teaching" that is objected to more as a one-way dissemination of information.  Discussion are a two-way exchange.  Do people learn from the discussions on this site?  I have and I'm sure others have as well.  Discussions can teach.

I have as well....

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Discussions are good. I think some, who don't like what they are reading, are the ones who object. You wonder why? 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,111
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

8 minutes ago, Spock said:

Discussions are good. I think some, who don't like what they are reading, are the ones who object. You wonder why? 

Having insecurity in one's own beliefs causes people to suppress the beliefs of others.

Those who are secure in their own beliefs try to convince others, but not dominate or debase them.

There is a place for Godly rebuke, but it must be done by means of sound doctrine, not by "a reviling accusation." (Jude 1:9)