• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,001
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

12 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I think you're saying pretty much the same thing as me.  The way I see it, Seeker, is that the heavens are God's bill boards; they are not meant to be occultic soothsaying tools.

Yes, we are saying the same thing. However, I am also giving n2thelight  the benefit of the doubt that the wrong word was being used.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

12 minutes ago, BlindSeeker said:

Yes, we are saying the same thing. However, I am also giving n2thelight  the benefit of the doubt that the wrong word was being used.

I see.  I hope that you are correct in that. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  37

52 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I see.  I hope that you are correct in that. 

I was unsure too which is why I asked.

His reference to Bulliger's work and where that leads is to a "christian" astrology with the zodiac which he seems to hold to, which was denounced by 

In 1894, Robert Brown, wrote on a variety of biblical subjects, wrote a response to Bullinger's Witness of the Stars in a booklet called A Reply to Dr. Bullinger's So-Called 'Witness of the Stars.'  The opening of his booklet levels major criticisms against Bullinger's  book:..

•     “'...In a later and larger work...entitled 'The Witness of the Stars,' I am sorry to say, that the Doctor has advanced views, which are not only...unsound but are far more dangerous than those I have already referred to: for in this Book he has taught doctrines which certainly savour of heresy; if indeed they be not in themselves, as many even think, distinctly heretical...

•     "But the great evil of the Book, lies...in its teaching that we have IN THE STARS another revelation from God, which the Doctor asserts is a 'pure and undefiled,' and, therefore, as authoritative and true, as the revelation which we have in the Bible itself; and as the so-called science of Astrology is again rapidly coming to the front, and has many adherents, in these days, my solemn conviction is that this work will greatly tend to foster and extend this abomination...

This is what n2thelight is referring and holding to.

Guest Thallasa
On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 10:40 AM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I'd have to brush up on my 'beastology', figure out which beast is which, discern differences in descriptions etc, the dragon is one thing, sweeping the stars from the sky and all of that, then there is the mortal wound thing, and the resurrection mimicking etc, the number of a MAN etc. and truthfully, I don't really have much fascination with all of those details. If I am informed enough to know the man of sin when he appears, that is enough for me, and I will likely be gone from the earth before all of that comes to pass. 

So, I may not poke my head into this thread again, unless it becomes noticeably unruly.

:mgdetective:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 2/21/2016 at 8:54 AM, WilliamL said:

Gen. 1:14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and appointed times/moadim, and for days and years.

If God created the lights of heaven to be for signs and appointed times, who are we to question him?

On 2/21/2016 at 3:50 PM, MorningGlory said:

The way I see it, Seeker, is that the heavens are God's bill boards; they are not meant to be occultic soothsaying tools.

I agree. Billboards/signs used by their Owner to post and change His messages from time to time; all the while one of His billboards keeps posting the original fundamental message.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Acts 2:19 "And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:"

Signs are continually being show by our Father, and we should learn of them and take note of them when they happen. On the Passover of April 3, 1996 there was a eclipse of the moon, where the moon turned a dark blood red, and then the moon disappeared with an eclipse of the earth passing between the sun and the moon. On the same day an unexpected comet passed close to the earth, and it was plainly visable to the naked eye. Other signs do exist in the heavens to show us that the season of that hour of temptation is drawing to a close.

I don't look at my sign to see what my future holds,that's not what Im talking about

Matthew 2:2 "Saying, "Where is He that is born King of the Jews" for we have seen His star in the east, and are come to worship Him."

I think there's a few post on here about the blood moon,it would be wise to take a look....

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I hope you people realise that    Assyrians are Christians? And they speak Aramic language?