• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On January 28, 2016 at 8:44 AM, Sister said:

This is why we should use the scriptures to check everything out.  A new believer should not just accept anything, but read and fill himself up with the Word of God.  He should learn to use the sword of the spirit and make note of something that does not harmonise by proving it wrong with scripture.  This is how we all grow.

.....and this post is not for those just starting out, but intended for mature Christians who already understand Revelations, to think about it and give some scriptures to show if what I said could in no way be possible. 

I'm willing to hear and look at all rebukes that have substance so we can talk about it and show why it possibly cannot be Babel.

Excellent rebuttal here Sister.  Often people run to their pastors or some book and not to the word of God. Even if you run to a book or article, always use scripture to check on its meaning. I can't tell you how many times I'm reading a Christian article or book and they cite this bible verse to support what they just said in the paragraph and when you read the verse, you scratch your head wondering why they cited this verse? 

On January 28, 2016 at 1:18 PM, WilliamL said:

No opinions?  That would wipe out most of the posts in this whole forum. If Sister had said "this is the word of the Lord to His Church," then you might have a legitimate beef. But she didn't say that, so why single out this post?

As far as the substance of the post, like Last Daze I agree with much of it. But don't have time right now to get into it.

These two sisters  in particular single out anybody who post something they disagree with and call it the word of man, not God.   They both feel strongly their interpretation of scripture is 100% right and is the only one worthy to discuss and thus believe they are serving god by calling out "false prophets" like sister's post here. Their intention is good, their execution is not.  

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

8 minutes ago, Spock said:

Good stuff to ponder, Sister. 

im not convinced it will be a world rule though.  I know often when the bible says whole world or all, it does not mean whole world, just whole world back then surrounding Israel. 

Plus, the seals limit war to one-fourth of the land, which may mean exactly one fourth of the world is affected. 

Hi Spock

Thanks.

The reason why I said the whole world will be one again under the false prophet is because of this;

Revelation 13:16   And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

I think that just about covers everyone.

4 minutes ago, Sister said:

Hi Spock

Thanks.

The reason why I said the whole world will be one again under the false prophet is because of this;

Revelation 13:16   And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

I think that just about covers everyone.

Sis,

i know this says ALL but for now, I'm just not convinced. I'm open, but not convinced., give me time and more details to support. :)

By the way, may I add this one thought: why is it everyone from the land down under, Australia, is a fantastic and gracious poster, who I am proud to call my brother or sister in the Lord?  I've noticed that.  

Okay, I got that off my chest. Carry on, back to Revelation. 

20 minutes ago, Spock said:

Hi Spock

I just thought of something you said;

I know often when the bible says whole world or all, it does not mean whole world, just whole world back then surrounding Israel. 

Remember this prophecy is not speaking of the old world, but the one we live in now.

9 minutes ago, Spock said:

Sis,

i know this says ALL but for now, I'm just not convinced. I'm open, but not convinced., give me time and more details to support. :)

Spock

Ok, I'll see what I can come up with;

how about this one?

Revelation 13:17   And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

"No man".

If one doesn't receive the mark, he can't buy food or even make a living.  If he can't do this, he's out on the streets and eventually he'll die.

I know they are bringing in laws that say you can't help the homeless.  A man got charged in the USA for letting some homeless people stay on his property, because he didn't have a licence to do that.  There's also laws coming in against begging.  They think it makes the streets look dirty.  Example, when you feed the sea gulls, it just encourages them to stay.  Doesnt look good on the government.  They need to hide what they created.  They should be spreading the wealth and every nation caring for their own people, that's their duty,...not sucking the poor dry so they can't even eat and with no roof over their heads..  Thats my moan for the day!

Remember Esau sold his birthright for a bowl of soup.  He gave away his inheritance because he was hungry that day.  It will be the same. 

On January 28, 2016 at 8:32 AM, Sister said:

I know it's hard to believe the world will be one again like it was in Babel, with one King, one law and and all serving the same God, but the scriptures attest that this will happen.

Sister,

you made a good point stating the prophecy in Revelation is different from OT prophecies because yes, Rev is future, so it makes sense to see this prophecy as also being related to the time it is referencing- the future.  What did John actually see? 

World wide kingdom!  Hmmmmmmm 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

On 1/28/2016 at 5:33 PM, Sister said:

Here I posted the chapter if one wants to quickly read.

Micah 5:1   Now gather thyself in troops, O daughter of troops: he hath laid siege against us: they shall smite the judge of Israel with a rod upon the cheek.

Jesus.  They only smote him on the cheek, for he came back from the dead.

Micah 5:2   But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Jesus.

Micah 5:3   Therefore will he give them up, until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth: then the remnant of his brethren shall return unto the children of Israel.

Micah 5:4   And he shall stand and feed in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God; and they shall abide: for now shall he be great unto the ends of the earth.

Micah 5:5   And this man shall be the peace, when the Assyrian shall come into our land: and when he shall tread in our palaces, then shall we raise against him seven shepherds, and eight principal men.

Jesus shall rescue

Micah 5:6   And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword, and the land of Nimrod in the entrances thereof: thus shall he deliver us from the Assyrian, when he cometh into our land, and when he treadeth within our borders.

Micah 5:7   And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the LORD, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.

Micah 5:8   And the remnant of Jacob shall be among the Gentiles in the midst of many people as a lion among the beasts of the forest, as a young lion among the flocks of sheep: who, if he go through, both treadeth down, and teareth in pieces, and none can deliver.

Micah 5:9   Thine hand shall be lifted up upon thine adversaries, and all thine enemies shall be cut off.

Micah 5:10   And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD, that I will cut off thy horses out of the midst of thee, and I will destroy thy chariots:

Micah 5:11   And I will cut off the cities of thy land, and throw down all thy strong holds:

Micah 5:12   And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand; and thou shalt have no more soothsayers:

Micah 5:13   Thy graven images also will I cut off, and thy standing images out of the midst of thee; and thou shalt no more worship the work of thine hands.

Micah 5:14   And I will pluck up thy groves out of the midst of thee: so will I destroy thy cities.

Micah 5:15   And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

It's clear to me that this chapter is speaking of Christ's return. Babel was long gone at the time of the prophecy, yet it's shows that Babel is existing here again in the last days when Christ returns.

Anyone disagree?

Yes; I disagree.  Not because you didn't post Scripture but because I can't make the above say what you insist it says.  Care to explain in more detail?

33 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Yes; I disagree.  Not because you didn't post Scripture but because I can't make the above say what you insist it says.  Care to explain in more detail?

The prophecy from starts off with Jesus.  Then it speaks about the remnants of Israel being saved when the Assyrian comes into their Land and treads their palaces (high places). 

Those that attack the land of Assyria (Satan's land spiritually speaking) at the entrances God calls "The Land of Nimrod"

Nimrod was the old King of Babel.  This prophecy concerns the end times.

I only found this chapter by accident just before I posted, so to me it made my case even stronger which is what my whole post is about.  My post is about that tricky scripture in Revelation about the beast who was, and is not, and yet is.  Many say it's Rome coming back, or it's Medo-Persia (Islam) etc etc, but I see it in this particular chapter of Revelation, and only this chapter as referring to Babel spiritually speaking.  That same system, under the one umbrella.

I definately cannot see it as Rome in this chapter, because Rome was not before Rome.

As for me insisting what my views are, I am not pointing a gun to anyone's head.  It's just something I've thought about for a long time and I think it's worth a discussion.  There could be a good reason why I'm wrong, that I can't see, and if anyone can show, I'd like to hear it.  I have discussed it before, but I can't remember where, and sometimes we just like to go over things again because there are new people on here who's brains are ticking and they might just be interested Lord willing.  You never know.