• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

I've been going over Ezekiel again because I needed to re-familiarize with all the details in case I miss anything .. that done, I would like to share the points I have noted AFTER THIS OPENING POST is first addressed .. which things are these :

NONE of us want to be accused of BIAS which comes from pre conceptions leading to DESIRED outcomes (which EDITS instead of INCLUDES) to change meanings to OUR whims instead of God's parameters/meanings.

Likewise, none of us would ever like to admit to faulty thought processes, which doesn't imply every thought process we have is necessarily faulty, but is more relative to TOPICS, where biases, be they unbeknown or not, can and DO lead to faulty thinking processes which BLINDS one to reason .. and in doing so, usually unawares, so such faulty thinking processes can and do spread into other relative topics, leading one error to another within INTERRELATED topics.

Now biases we all understand, and by "Faulty thinking processes", like this example : in the beginning was nothing, and nothing exploded .. is what I mean by "faulty thinking processes" .. since NOTHING means the absence of anything, then nothing can explode unless it were actually something .. since nothing is present to explode ..  then nothing (in that line of thought) exploding is a faulty thinking process at play .. unless one CHANGES the meaning of NOTHING to mean 'something else' which of course is DISHONEST or CHEATING .. or .. the person doing so just doesn't realise he or she is doing this)

And since most of us already know that Gog & Magog is only mentioned in two books within the scriptures, Ezekiel chapters 38 & 39 and Revelation chapter 20 .. it is important for all of us to FIRST acknowledge the parameters GOD has set according to TIMING concerning this particular prophecies FULFILLMENT .. and, any RELATION THEREAFTER regarding unfulfilled CONDITIONS (meaning time wise) if any, must be acknowledged too ..

And these set and clearly apparent parameters below CAN NOT be denied as FACTS :

Fact 1) Ezekiel makes NO mention of WHEN Gog & Magog OCCURS except to say the "Latter years" (open to conjecture) .. no other timeframe is set/given.

Fact 2) Ezekiel DOES however REVEAL the CONDITIONS within the land of ISRAEL during THOSE TIMES of the attack itself .. conditions CAN point to TIMES .. not 'THE actual time' on it's own merits, but confirmable TIMES where Israel MAY have shared those same CONDITIONS throughout any set times in her history .. but when using this method one rule is always expected to be upheld BEFORE saying it is COMPLETED, and that is that ALL CONDITIONS must be present and none are to be discarded for convenience sake for COMPLETION to occur .. ALL conditions must be met to be considered the RIGHT TIME of COMPLETION or to permit DUALISMS.

Fact 3) Revelation DOES mention WHEN the Gog & Magog attack occurs .. timeframe IS given .. and if fact 2's CONDITIONS of the TIMES can not be CERTAIN to ONE PARTICULAR TIME, then fact 3 becomes the authority of the TIMING .. furthermore, if ALL CONDITIONS correlate WITH the SAME TIMES of fact 3, then we have a certified match and have avoided blind assumptions and instead used informed DISCERNMENTS relative to those CONDITIONS v's SET TIME fulfillments.

Now, we are ALL bound by the parameters/facts above .. that being so, when first working out a matter, logic always STARTS with a STARTING POINT .. which Revelation 20 PROVIDES .. which is Gog & Magog happens after the 1000 years .. only AFTER that STARTIMG POINT do we look at the CONDITIONS within any other relevant chapters within the bible containing NON SPECIFIED STARTING POINTS/time allotments, such as, CONDITIONS or the like, for to guide us if a STARTING POINT is ABSENT .. exactly as we find in Ezekiel chapters 38 & 39 .. UNSPECIFIED TIME using CONDITIONS as the MARKERS instead .. even considering those things which may bring into account dualisms, or the like.

AND .. IF dualisms ARE present, then it WON'T just be the CONDITIONS ALONE (fact 2) which will DICTATE whether it be duality or not, no .. but dualisms ACCORDING to the SET TIME declared (fact 3) ..

WHY do I say this?

Because dualities are ONLY relevant when the SET TIME has expired for the dualities to be eligible to even register as UNMET CONDITIONS .. meaning, we can NOT say "Let's go kick around at the oval" when the oval isn't even built yet !!! It's just like saying, "So and so kicked 5 goals at the future oval yet to be made, and the crowd went wild" it is faulty thinking processes at play.

Therefore, dualisms by their nature are always FORWARD RUNNING .. other words, dualities only come into play AFTER  a DECLARED and SET TIME has EXPIRED .. meaning, any set TIME DECREE must be met before anyone can possibly say a duality is present or a CONDITION is LACKING because : ONLY through HIND SIGHT do we notice ANOMILIES which can not be EVIDENT until any given or SET TIME has expired .

Which means, NOTHING could be CERTAIN if we took that train of thought except to be stranded at an abandoned train station still waiting for the train .. So looking closer, EVEN the conditions (fact 2) are bound by fact 3 .. which CONDITIONS (if indeed dualism is applicable) are ONLY let loose to begin their manifestations (start to "come into being") after any SET TIME is expired .. meaning dualities can only be FORWARD RUNNING and NOT backward running.

WHY?

Because ONLY God declares the END at the BEGINNING .. ONLY God knows what is to come. We humans must understand generationally .. which is, by the LAWS OF TIME, meaning >> FROM any present MOMENT/EVENT leading FORWARD.

Which means that the below is WHEN (set time) the declared events concerning Gog & Magog MUST occur before ANY dualities can kick in ..

Revelation 20:7-8

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Meaning AFTER the SET TIME declared expires, any conditions yet to be fulfilled that MAY be outstanding can only "kick in" AFTER the time for them to "Kick in" ARRIVES .. SEE?

Because dualisms are FORWARD RUNNING and not the other way around.

Which means, Gog & Magog ONLY occurs AFTER the millennium just as Christ revealed in the book of Revelation whereby any outstanding CONDITIONS not met within the prophesied time scale become APPARENT .. meaning .. IF this were a duality, then we MUST only look FORWARD, doing so ONLY IF there are ANY unmet CONDITIONS yet to be fulfilled AFTER the announced and set TIME has expired .. and not looking backward in time instead .. Prophetic dualism only goes ONE WAY >>>>>> forward.

And with no disrespect intended, just an honest acknowledgment .. to say that Gog & Magog ALSO occurs BEFORE God's DECLARED TIME of "after the 1000 years" or to say any dualism is present BEFORE the SET TIME God declared, is to say that "nothing exploded into something" .. which reveals a FAULTY thinking process at work OR a BIAS is at play.

Sorry, forgot to EDIT some statements in the above when I was changing the post around and some things I said would have come across as contradictions or ramblings .. mainly in fact #2.

Cheers

I'm VERY SORRY ANYBODY who has already read my post but I had to go back and make it clear because I was getting CONSTANT distractions and thought it was good enough UNTIL I came back to read it .. I mean, even I got confused .. It's all fixed now .. Man how I MISS the EDIT POST feature !!!!!!

Serving.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I see the events of Ezekiel, Chapters 38-39 happening at the time that the 7th vial is poured out; on the day of the Lord; the great day of His wrath.

Ezekiel 38:18 And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord God, that my fury shall come up in my face.

19 For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;

20 So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.

21 And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord God: every man's sword shall be against his brother.

22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.

23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the Lord.

Ezekiel 39:2 And I will turn thee back, and leave but the sixth part of thee, and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel:

Ezekiel 39:8 Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord God; this is the day whereof I have spoken.

Here, God is going to leave a 6th part.  In Revelation, Chapter 20, fire from heaven devours them.

Revelation 16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.

19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.

21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

I believe you can see the comparison.  I believe there are also verses in Isaiah that show this event.

After this, there are periods of time mentioned.  To me, these time periods do not fit in with the Revelation, Chapter 20 Gog and Magog event.

Ezekiel 39:9 And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:

10 So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord God.

11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will give unto Gog a place there of graves in Israel, the valley of the passengers on the east of the sea: and it shall stop the noses of the passengers: and there shall they bury Gog and all his multitude: and they shall call it The valley of Hamongog.

12 And seven months shall the house of Israel be burying of them, that they may cleanse the land.

13 Yea, all the people of the land shall bury them; and it shall be to them a renown the day that I shall be glorified, saith the Lord God.

14 And they shall sever out men of continual employment, passing through the land to bury with the passengers those that remain upon the face of the earth, to cleanse it: after the end of seven months shall they search.

Ezekiel 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord God.

If Ezekiel 38-39 refer to the Revelation, Chapter 20 event; is God going to hide His face from Israel during the 1,000 years?

Edited by Watching for Jesus

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

Revelation 20:7-8

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Serving.

First, one has to acknowledge that Christ at his coming is going to put Satan in a spiritual prison so that he can deceive the nations no more until the 1000 years is completed.  That's it, Satan's getting locked up soon when Christ returns.

After that Christ is going to set up his kingdom on earth in Jerusalem and bring the remnants of Israel back and place them there in that land which will have her borders enlarged to teach and convert them for a thousand years.  Christ will rule not only Jerusalem but all the nations from his headquarters.  The Law will go forth from Jerusalem literally.

One has to realise that there will be remnants of gentiles living outside the Kingdom in Jerusalem for a thousand years also, and the truth will flow out of the kingdom and be preached to them so that they can attain salvation also.

Only when they realise all this, will it make sense that when Satan is loosed out of his prison, he starts again by making war and gathers the uncircumcised (unconverted) ones to attack the camp of the saints where Israel is dwelling safely.  Satan will use Gog, who is not born yet, a man, and Magog his armies who do not yet exist, to do the final battle.

So it is possible that fire and hailstones come down for a second time on those armies who are attacking the camp of the saints (Israel remnants), and God provides another feast for all the animals to feed on those dead soldiers who desired to bring Israel down.  Keeping in mind that they only "surround" the holy camp and don't get to kill a single Israelite.  It's a different scenario, a different time.

Without understanding the purpose of the millennium coming AFTER Christ's 2nd coming, this would all be a haze.

48 minutes ago, Sister said:

Serving.

First, one has to acknowledge that Christ at his coming is going to put Satan in a spiritual prison so that he can deceive the nations no more until the 1000 years is completed.  That's it, Satan's getting locked up soon when Christ returns.

After that Christ is going to set up his kingdom on earth in Jerusalem and bring the remnants of Israel back and place them there in that land which will have her borders enlarged to teach and convert them for a thousand years.  Christ will rule not only Jerusalem but all the nations from his headquarters.  The Law will go forth from Jerusalem literally.

One has to realise that there will be remnants of gentiles living outside the Kingdom in Jerusalem for a thousand years also, and the truth will flow out of the kingdom and be preached to them so that they can attain salvation also.

Only when they realise all this, will it make sense that when Satan is loosed out of his prison, he starts again by making war and gathers the uncircumcised (unconverted) ones to attack the camp of the saints where Israel is dwelling safely.  Satan will use Gog, who is not born yet, a man, and Magog his armies who do not yet exist, to do the final battle.

So it is possible that fire and hailstones come down for a second time on those armies who are attacking the camp of the saints (Israel remnants), and God provides another feast for all the animals to feed on those dead soldiers who desired to bring Israel down.  Keeping in mind that they only "surround" the holy camp and don't get to kill a single Israelite.  It's a different scenario, a different time.

Without understanding the purpose of the millennium coming AFTER Christ's 2nd coming, this would all be a haze.

Hi Sister,

Of course .. but I don't think you understood my point.

Look again at what you said (the highlighted):

Which is what I was saying .. because the CONDITIONS are NOT THE SAME & neither is the TIME for TWO Gog & Magog wars to occur.

Sister, people are saying Gog & Magog war is ALSO happening BEFORE the 1000 years .. I am showing that that is faulty thinking .. 

Maybe read my post again ..

Serving.

2 hours ago, Watching for Jesus said:

I see the events of Ezekiel, Chapters 38-39 happening at the time that the 7th vial is poured out; on the day of the Lord; the great day of His wrath.

Ezekiel 38:18 And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord God, that my fury shall come up in my face.

19 For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;

20 So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.

21 And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord God: every man's sword shall be against his brother.

22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.

23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the Lord.

Ezekiel 39:2 And I will turn thee back, and leave but the sixth part of thee, and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel:

Ezekiel 39:8 Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord God; this is the day whereof I have spoken.

Here, God is going to leave a 6th part.  In Revelation, Chapter 20, fire from heaven devours them.

Revelation 16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.

19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.

21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

I believe you can see the comparison.  I believe there are also verses in Isaiah that show this event.

After this, there are periods of time mentioned.  To me, these time periods do not fit in with the Revelation, Chapter 20 Gog and Magog event.

Ezekiel 39:9 And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:

10 So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord God.

11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will give unto Gog a place there of graves in Israel, the valley of the passengers on the east of the sea: and it shall stop the noses of the passengers: and there shall they bury Gog and all his multitude: and they shall call it The valley of Hamongog.

12 And seven months shall the house of Israel be burying of them, that they may cleanse the land.

13 Yea, all the people of the land shall bury them; and it shall be to them a renown the day that I shall be glorified, saith the Lord God.

14 And they shall sever out men of continual employment, passing through the land to bury with the passengers those that remain upon the face of the earth, to cleanse it: after the end of seven months shall they search.

Ezekiel 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord God.

If Ezekiel 38-39 refer to the Revelation, Chapter 20 event; is God going to hide His face from Israel during the 1,000 years?

Hi Watching,

Promise I will get back to you soon.

Serving.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

Watching for Jesus

I hope you don't mind if I ask you a few questions.

First, do you acknowledge this?;

Revelation 20:1   And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Revelation 20:2   And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

When does this happen?  I just need to know brother, through your eyes, how you see the timing?  Just a simple answer will do.

Revelation 20:3   And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season

Revelation 20:7   And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

When does Satan get loosed out of his prison?  After the 1000 years of What?

Need to know if we are on the same page here?

then we can go to those scriptures in Ezekiel.

Thank you brother.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Sister said:

Watching for Jesus

I hope you don't mind if I ask you a few questions.

First, do you acknowledge this?;

Revelation 20:1   And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Revelation 20:2   And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

When does this happen?  I just need to know brother, through your eyes, how you see the timing?  Just a simple answer will do.

Revelation 20:3   And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season

Revelation 20:7   And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

When does Satan get loosed out of his prison?  After the 1000 years of What?

Need to know if we are on the same page here?

then we can go to those scriptures in Ezekiel.

Thank you brother.

Hi Sister,

I believe that Revelation, Chapter 20 verses 1-6 will happen on the final day of the "tribulation period".  The "tribulation period" being the 70th week of Daniel; a period of 7 years.

Satan will be loosed after the 1,000 year reign of Christ.

Jeff

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 1/28/2016 at 2:52 AM, Serving said:

Now, we are ALL bound by the parameters/facts above

Sez you.

On 1/28/2016 at 2:52 AM, Serving said:

Fact 3) Revelation DOES mention WHEN the Gog & Magog attack occurs .. timeframe IS given .. and if fact 2's CONDITIONS of the TIMES can not be CERTAIN to ONE PARTICULAR TIME, then fact 3 becomes the authority of the TIMING

Not at all. You are welcome to believe that "fact 3 becomes the authority of the TIMING," but there is no factual reason to believe your statement.

Ezek. 38:8 “After many days you will be visited. In the latter years you will come into the land of those brought back from the sword and gathered from many people on the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate; they were brought out of the nations, and now all of them dwell safely.

The underlined portion describes the situation to prevail both before soon after the Second Coming, as foretold in many OT prophecies. It does not really fit to describe a period 1000 years later than that, as your theory demands. Israel right now fits the description of being brought out of many nations to a land long desolate. And it will soon again:

Is. 66:20 “Then they shall bring all your brethren for an offering to the LORD out of all nations, on horses and in chariots and in litters, on mules and on camels, to My holy mountain Jerusalem,” says the LORD..."

Is. 11:11 It shall come to pass in that day
That the Lord shall set His hand again the second time
To recover the remnant of His people who are left,
From Assyria and Egypt,
From Pathros and Cush,
From Elam and Shinar,
From Hamath and the islands of the sea.