IGNORED

Could America (NYC) be the great harlot...

Spock

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, Spock said:

THE ILLUMINATTI!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be Washington DC,  The Vatican and the "City of London".     all three city states not part of the country they are in and answer to no one but themselves.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Spock said:

You may be right, but I don't think the city of Babylon is an end time player. Doesn't fit and I don't see Babylon rising from the ashes. 

Since what we read below is in the future -- after (or during) the Great Tribulation -- then Babylon will somehow rise from the ashes.

And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning, Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.  And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more: (Rev 18:9-11).

There is nothing metaphorical here. Babylon was indeed a great and mighty city, but it will once again become a real city. Work is in progress as we speak.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

21 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Since what we read below is in the future -- after (or during) the Great Tribulation -- then Babylon will somehow rise from the ashes.

And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning, Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.  And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more: (Rev 18:9-11).

There is nothing metaphorical here. Babylon was indeed a great and mighty city, but it will once again become a real city. Work is in progress as we speak.

It's possible, but my $2.00 says not. 

43 minutes ago, other one said:

That would be Washington DC,  The Vatican and the "City of London".     all three city states not part of the country they are in and answer to no one but themselves.

Interesting tidbit. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

I think ROME is the key, but that's just my opinion , but the Babylon that is described is like the Saudi Arabia, with its finest of gold and all the things that is talked about in the scripture , now I am just guessing ? but America will be destroyed also and we don't know it yet, but who gets drunk off of the blood of the saints , for this is where it is ,not hard to see where this points to, but that's just a guess also .

this would be with all that has all that is described ? what do you think ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

The whole idea of America being Babylon or idea that it is going down the "pooper" annoys me. It is exactly this sort of talk that stifles that fight to keep America alive. It seems like a number of individuals are waiting for something "glorious" to happen so they won't have to go through the demise of America. This is damning to America and should stop. 

One thing that will help is correct interpretation and rightly dividing the word of God.

Revelation 17 to me, seems to be talking about the harlotry of "fake" religious leadership and the kings of the earth (some of the kings of Israel and Judah included as there were a number of corrupt kings in Judah and Israel). John only saw the harlot in scarlet and purple AFTER he was taken in the spirit (vs3). This doesn't mean he was peering into a crystal ball into the future. It means he was given spiritual insight to see things as God does. He is seeing the "heart" of things (1 Sam 16:7). 

There is mention in Deu 7:1 and Acts 13:19 regarding seven nations that were destroyed by the people of Israel when they were taking possession of the land of Canaan:

Deu 7:1 KJV - When the LORD thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou;

Act 13:19 KJV - And when he had destroyed seven nations in the land of Chanaan, he divided their land to them by lot.

I wish I had Revelation 17 all figured out. With that said, though, I feel like we can find more answers for Revelation 17 by looking back through the history of Israel, rather than trying to guess what future city Mystery Babylon will be.

Mevosper,

I'm sorry this thread has bummed you out, but maybe you should have avoided this thread if this kind of talk annoys you so much. 

Some of us are merely trying to interpret scripture.  God did move men to write it and told us to read his word, so no need to get annoyed at that. Although I agree, sometimes the word can be disturbing to take in. 

I do appreciate any insight or thoughts you may add concerning rev 17/18 though. (I see you added some too.)

thanks,

spock

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39

9 minutes ago, mevosper said:

The whole idea of America being Babylon or idea that it is going down the "pooper" annoys me. It is exactly this sort of talk that stifles that fight to keep America alive. It seems like a number of individuals are waiting for something "glorious" to happen so they won't have to go through the demise of America. This is damning to America and should stop. 

Right.  But what does Scripture say ?  What has happened in/ to America  and its churches ? ((not even counting the "bless me" ones ...... rather all the others  besides them))

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39

Just read Scripture, praying constantly, Seek the Father in heaven ..  No one's gotten through Matthew ((which is important TODAY)) yet - why  going to Revelation ((which won't be good for  anyone not thru Matthew yet, right?)) ? ....

8 minutes ago, Spock said:

I do appreciate any insight or thoughts you may add concerning rev 17/18 though. (I see you added some too.)

thanks,

spock

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

4 hours ago, rollinTHUNDER said:

The USA will fall before the beast rises. 

Obama made a very strange statement a few months ago, and it seemed that no one could make heads or tails out of what he meant by it.  He said that global warming has become our greatest threat to our national security.  What on earth could he possibly mean?  It sounds ridiculous on its face, but if he is using buzz words (code).  It think we may be able to read between the lines. 

I'll repeat Obama's ridiculous statement:
He said, "Global warming has become our greatest threat to our national security."  Did you catch it?  What on earth could he possibly mean?

Deciphering his buzz-words, I believe they are using this global warming scam to usher in their global government, thus bringing an end to sovereign nation states.  They may also be purposely manipulating our weather, through HAARP, which was developed to change the atmospheric pressure.  HAARP can create droughts, tornado's, floods and even change jet streams.  The government is creating chemtrails in the sky, as well as producing GMO foods, which do not re-produce any seeds.  I have a hunch that famines will be coming very soon.  America is on her last leg IMHO.

Cheers

:rolleyes: