Eric Mwangi

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have always wanted to know, is taking alcohol a sin or being a drunkard is the problem

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

my question to the board monitors, is how can someone bypass the Welcome Forum and have no posts and go directly into the Seekers Forum?  Is there a new rule that I don't know about?  Just wondering.  Thanks.  Rusty

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

44 minutes ago, Eric Mwangi said:

I have always wanted to know, is taking alcohol a sin or being a drunkard is the problem

Welcome Eric :)

Eph. 5:18

17So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit, 19speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord;…

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Days Won:  28

18 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

my question to the board monitors, is how can someone bypass the Welcome Forum and have no posts and go directly into the Seekers Forum?  Is there a new rule that I don't know about?  Just wondering.  Thanks.  Rusty

I wonder at that myself sometimes..

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Days Won:  20

Simple,  Rusty,  either yes, or no, or someone can post 5 times and delete each post  so none appear ? 

1 hour ago, Eric Mwangi said:

Whatever is not of faith is sin, so usually yes to both. Also - not bringing what Ephesians 5:18 ((and many  more)) shows to bring when it is the right time in meetings of ekklesia and when it is the right time before individuals, courts, judges, constables, and  those in the world we are called and chosen to testify before with our lives.

56 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Eph. 5:18

17So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit, 19speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord;…

1 hour ago, RustyAngeL said:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

There is no scripture saying one can not drink alcohol, what scripture does say is  do not drink so much that you are drunk and lose control of your senses. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

Paul told Timothy to take wine for his stomach (he had stomach problems.)

Jesus turned water into wine, and it was the best wine they had ever tasted.

Alcohol in and of itself is not a sinful.   Its misuse, its abuse is sinful.   

Additionally, there were those who set themselves apart to God and touched no strong drink in the scriptures 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

7 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

Additionally, there were those who set themselves apart to God and touched no strong drink in the scriptures 

To be complete, there is also a passage endorseing buy 'strong drink' with tithe money, so, it is always important, to check contexts carefully, a read every passage you can on a subject, before forming doctrines or conclusions, about a topic.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

The only way alcohol is a sin if your addicted to it. Anything that has power over you besides God is sin. 

KJV 1 6:12 Corinthians  but I will not be brought under the power of any.

You cause your neighbor to stumble for ex.  You have a friend a recovering alcoholic and you drink alcohol in his sight thus tempting him. 

KJV Romans  14:21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

And finally if you end up being drunk by it. 

KJV Romans  13:13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

8 hours ago, manuelf324 said:

The only way alcohol is a sin if your addicted to it. Anything that has power over you besides God is sin. 

Not just addiction (which is already way past what is unacceptable). Since Christians are required to be "filled with the Holy Spirit" (meaning to be fully under the control of the Holy Spirit) being "under the influence of alcohol" (2-3 drinks) already violates that requirement.  

BTW the word "wine " in the Bible can mean anything from simple unfermented grape juice all the way to "strong drink" (100 proof whisky with 50% alcohol is much stronger than any Bible wine).  You will notice that when speaking of the Lord's Supper the Bible does not say "wine" but "the cup".