• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

Just now, n2thelight said:

And your point is what?

Are you in agreement with everything on that site?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, thereselittleflower said:

Are you in agreement with everything on that site?

Im not in total agreement with anyone but the Word

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I totally understand what you are saying,and from this point forward I shall make sure credit goes where it should.....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Hey flower,

i wonder if God allows for those of his children, like you, who either don't believe in the rapture or do not believe the rapture is biblical, to not be raptured with everyone else?

I do see one small problem with this though- you would get to experience his wrath which may go against his promise to true believers. 

Maybe that is the message behind the five foolish virgins not being allowed to attend the party with the five wise virgins. Hmmmmm  Something to ponder, maybe. 

Spock being somewhat funny

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 2/5/2016 at 2:45 PM, rollinTHUNDER said:

Lol - Use whatever version you like, but the supper for the birds in Rev. 19:17 in no way even remotely resembles the wedding supper, or the passages I'll quote below.  And I'll say it only once more, only those who are ready when He comes will attend this supper.

Matthew 25:10 - But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

Matthew 26:26-29 - While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.” 27 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.”

Luke 12:37-40 - Blessed are those servants whom the master will find watching when he comes. Truly I say to you, he will dress himself and have them sit down to dine, and he will come and serve them. 38 If he comes in the second watch, or comes in the third watch, and finds them so, blessed are those servants. 39 But know this: If the owner of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would have watched and not have allowed his house to be broken into. 40 Therefore be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

Matthew 25:10 - But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the gamos. And the door was shut.    Strong's G1062 γάμος gámos, gam'-os; of uncertain affinity; nuptials:—marriage, wedding.

Luke 12:36 “and you yourselves be like men who wait for their master, when he will return from the gamos, that when he comes and knocks they may open to him immediately. 37 Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching. Assuredly, I say to you that he will gird himself and have them sit down to eat, and will come and serve them."

As anyone can see, these are two different occasions: in the Matthew passage, it is the entering into the marital union/consummation. Whereas in Luke, the occasion is the return from that marital union. The supper takes place at the latter event, when the Lord returns to earth to the marriage supper of the Lamb. This is exactly what the occasion of Rev. 19 speaks about:

Rev. 19:9 Then he said to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are those who are called to the gamos/marriage deipnon/supper of the Lamb!’ ” And he said to me, “These are the true sayings of God.”

The word deipnon/supper is added here to clearly denote that it is the supper that comes after the marital union/consummation.

You and so many others have been confused by these passages, because you presume a traditional modern Gentile wedding type, wherein the feast comes before the consummation. But in the ancient Hebraic tradition, the order of events was exactly the opposite: first came the consummation, and only afterwards came the feast.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

20 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

The word deipnon/supper is added here to clearly denote that it is the supper that comes after the marital union/consummation.

We are presently intimate spiritually with the Bridegroom, as we are in Him and He is in us.  He is presently preparing a place for us.  So I agree, that the supper comes after.  But we disagree on everything, so I see no need to continue.

Cheers   

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

3 hours ago, Spock said:

Hey flower,

i wonder if God allows for those of his children, like you, who either don't believe in the rapture or do not believe the rapture is biblical, to not be raptured with everyone else?

I do see one small problem with this though- you would get to experience his wrath which may go against his promise to true believers. 

Maybe that is the message behind the five foolish virgins not being allowed to attend the party with the five wise virgins. Hmmmmm  Something to ponder, maybe. 

Spock being somewhat funny

I used to believe in "the rapture."

Now I simply believe that those of us who are alive at His Second coming will be caught up in the air with those who were first raised from the dead, with our Lord and be forever with Him.

So if by "rapture" you mean dispensationalism, I gave up that belief system years ago when I could find no real scriptural foundation for it after digging deeply into the scriptures - and that after holding to it for over 30 years.

I'm not worried at all about a "rapture" tied to dispensationalist beliefs.