• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

2 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

לַעֲזָאזֵל

Where is the definite article in the Hebrew here? Where is the verb?

The goat of blood-sacrifice was killed, as Jesus was; but this goat remains alive when it is cast out:

No it doesn't.  It dies.   

Lev. 16:20 “And when he has made an end of atoning for the Holy Place, the tabernacle of meeting, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat. 21 Aaron shall lay both his hands on the head of the live goat... 22 The goat shall bear on itself all their iniquities to an uninhabited land; and he shall shalach/send away the goat in the wilderness."

One does not "send away" a dead goat.

Rev. 19:20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet... These two were cast/ballo:"to throw or let go of a thing" alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

To say that Jesus is the Azazel of Lev. 16 is blasphemy, akin to associating him with Beelzebub.

Again, this is rank heresy.

I then confess to being a heretic in the eyes of  the RCC and its harlot daughter churches, if that is what teaching this truth means. Because teaching what you teach is rank heresy against the Word of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  37

6 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Lev. 16:20 “And when he has made an end of atoning for the Holy Place, the tabernacle of meeting, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat. 21 Aaron shall lay both his hands on the head of the live goat... 22 The goat shall bear on itself all their iniquities to an uninhabited land; and he shall shalach/send away the goat in the wilderness."

Rev. 19:20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet... These two were cast/ballo:"to throw or let go of a thing" alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

To say that Jesus is the Azazel of Lev. 16 is blasphemy, akin to associating him with Beelzebub.

I then confess to being a heretic in the eyes of  the RCC and its harlot daughter churches, if that is what teaching this truth means. Because teaching what you teach is rank heresy against the Word of God.

William, they THREW the goat off the cliff.  It didn't just die "naturally." 

And it did not "remain" alive in the wilderness.  It was thrown off the cliff to cause it to become so injured, it would die.  It was watched and when it died, the High Priest was told.  

The scapegoat was to make atonement.

Satan does not make atonement.

And you're right, it is blasphemous to teach that satan makes atonement, and it is heresy to say Jesus is satan,  but that is what your position ends up doing.

• Followers:  10

28 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

William, they THREW the goat off the cliff.  It didn't just die "naturally." 

And it did not "remain" alive in the wilderness.  It was thrown off the cliff to cause it to become so injured, it would die.  It was watched and when it died, the High Priest was told.  

So then they disobeyed the commandment of Leviticus 16. Nothing new there, for the apostate priests of Jesus' day.

But whatever they did does not negate the mikraw/rehearsal proscribed by God's Word, which will be ultimately fulfilled just as He intended. Every jot and tittle will all be fulfilled. You and your church's teachings notwithstanding.

5 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

So then they disobeyed the commandment of Leviticus 16. Nothing new there, for the apostate priests of Jesus' day.

But whatever they did does not negate the mikraw/rehearsal proscribed by God's Word, which will be ultimately fulfilled just as He intended. Every jot and tittle will all be fulfilled. You and your church's teachings notwithstanding.

They disobeyed nothing William.

:)

I think they knew better than you do what was to happen.

It is your teaching I am worried about, for it, of necessity, by substituting satan for Jesus as the scapegoat, makes satan the one who atones for sins, and that's blasphemous.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

William, when you have more than a short discussion  with her you are simply enabling her to post her Catholic teaching for all to read...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Joline said:

The twelve apostles rule in their priesthood over the twelve tribes.

Mt 19:28  And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Judging the twelve tribes of Israel is not the same as the nation of Israel being a kingdom of priests and a light to the nations here on Earth at the time of Jesus' earthly reign

2 minutes ago, Shar said:

Judging the twelve tribes of Israel is not the same as the nation of Israel being a kingdom of priests and a light to the nations here on Earth at the time of Jesus' earthly reign

Shar, christians are the kingdom of priests:

• 1 Peter 2:9
    But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

3 hours ago, Qnts2 said:
3 hours ago, Qnts2 said:

Scripture does say that the Jewish people were to be a nation of priests.

And we know by the beliefs of the 'Judaizers' that they expected that the Gentiles who believed on Jesus should convert to Judaism. I do not believe that Gentiles who believe on Jesus need to be circumcised, becoming Jewish, in order to be fully accepted by God with an equal standing before God. The Levitical priesthood were intercessors between the children of Israel and God. The New Covenant priesthood is also to be intercessors but not in the same capacity as the Levitical priests. The New Covenant priesthood is to pray (intercede) and share the gospel, which means hoping to lead non-believers to Jesus, in which case, the new believers themselves become priests. There is no one who is to stand between believers and the Father other then Jesus in the New Covenant. 

Among believers, we have a diversity of cultures and ethnicities, with no one culture or ethnicity being the only right culture. If a believer chooses to worship and fellowship among believers of another culture/ethnicity, the believer should not attempt to change the culture of the ethnic group. If a believer goes to another culture to share the gospel, they need to be culturally aware so as not to insult, drive away, or force the others to live like the believers culture. Do Gentiles need to live like a Jew? No. Do Jewish believers need to live like Gentiles? Again, no.

I have been on a Native American reservation, and in Canada, a First Nations reservation, with fellow believers and attended their services. The worship music made use of Native American drums, and some was sung in the Native American languages of that tribe (Iroquoian for the Mohawks , Algonquin for the Cree, and Mi'kmaq for the Micmac). It was enjoyable as we were all believers, worshipping Jesus. I have been to conferences with people from many different countries, and it was amazing to realize that all of these people, are one in the Lord. I remember at one such conference, a couple behind me wanted to pray for me. They did not speak English so prayed in their language. Believer to believer. I prayed for them in English.  

Scripture does say that the Jewish people were to be a nation of priests.

And we know by the beliefs of the 'Judaizers' that they expected that the Gentiles who believed on Jesus should convert to Judaism. I do not believe that Gentiles who believe on Jesus need to be circumcised, becoming Jewish, in order to be fully accepted by God with an equal standing before God. The Levitical priesthood were intercessors between the children of Israel and God. The New Covenant priesthood is also to be intercessors but not in the same capacity as the Levitical priests. The New Covenant priesthood is to pray (intercede) and share the gospel, which means hoping to lead non-believers to Jesus, in which case, the new believers themselves become priests. There is no one who is to stand between believers and the Father other then Jesus in the New Covenant. 

Among believers, we have a diversity of cultures and ethnicities, with no one culture or ethnicity being the only right culture. If a believer chooses to worship and fellowship among believers of another culture/ethnicity, the believer should not attempt to change the culture of the ethnic group. If a believer goes to another culture to share the gospel, they need to be culturally aware so as not to insult, drive away, or force the others to live like the believers culture. Do Gentiles need to live like a Jew? No. Do Jewish believers need to live like Gentiles? Again, no.

I have been on a Native American reservation, and in Canada, a First Nations reservation, with fellow believers and attended their services. The worship music made use of Native American drums, and some was sung in the Native American languages of that tribe (Iroquoian for the Mohawks , Algonquin for the Cree, and Mi'kmaq for the Micmac). It was enjoyable as we were all believers, worshipping Jesus. I have been to conferences with people from many different countries, and it was amazing to realize that all of these people, are one in the Lord. I remember at one such conference, a couple behind me wanted to pray for me. They did not speak English so prayed in their language. Believer to believer. I prayed for them in English.  

Qnts, regarding the Israelites, Ex.19:5-6 Says, "....you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.

30 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

Shar, christians are the kingdom of priests:

• 1 Peter 2:9
    But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Peter was writing this around A.D. 62-64, primarily to the Jewish Christians who were driven out of Jerusalem and were scattered throughout Asia Minor.  He parallels the speaking of Israel as a holy nation and kingdom of priests as in Ex.19:5 and De.10:5.

This does not mean we aren't today, because the church is mostly Gentile, but at this time Peter was speaking primarily to Jews and spoke in terms within the O.T. they knew and understood.  Jews were suppose to be a light unto the nations throughout the OT.  Here, Peter throughout his epistle calls them to this type of testimony.

That is historical, not my interpretation.  LOL

• Followers:  10

1 hour ago, other one said:

William, when you have more than a short discussion  with her you are simply enabling her to post her Catholic teaching for all to read...

The eternal conundrum:

Prov. 26:4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you also be like him.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes.

In this particular case, I thought it best to show the difference between the biblical text and the Catholic revisionism of the biblical text. The papacy has long said it has authority to "change times and laws." This has been a case in point.