• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

rollinThunder, Peter was called to go to the Gentiles before Paul was.   And Paul went to the Jews everywhere he went, going straight to the synagogue.   They BOTH went to BOTH Jew and Gentile.

Therese, I believe that Peter's vision was to get him out of his prejudice for Gentiles and to fully know that Gentiles are accepted.  Of course, you know Peter goes to Cornelius house thereafter to share the Gospel.  Peter could not continue in this prejudice, as he would have ultimately violated the Great Commission of our Lord;  "to the Jew first, the Samaritan (half-Jew), than to the Gentiles."

However, we clearly see that Paul was designated the apostle to the Gentiles and Peter, along with the others, to the Jews.  In Ga.2:7 - "On the contrary, they saw that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the Gentiles, just as Peter had been to the Jews."

Gal. 2:9-10, Paul references the Jerusalem Council which was the decision making group over the Church.  Paul states, "James (the Head of the Council), Peter and John, those reputed to be pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me.  They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they the Jews."

In Acts 15, Paul goes before the council regarding the believing of Gentiles and for a ruling on circumcision requirements.  The Council agrees that Gentiles do not need to be circumcised.  They further see that God is working in the Gentiles to bring them to the faith.  They appoint a couple of men from the council with Paul and Barnabas to deliver the letter to the church at Antioch.  The leaders (Judas and Silas), returned to Jerusalem and blessed Barnabas and Paul as they set sail on their missionary journey to the Gentiles.

So, Peter, while he had some contact with some Gentiles, he was primarily an apostle to the Jews.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

6 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

rollinThunder, Peter was called to go to the Gentiles before Paul was.   And Paul went to the Jews everywhere he went, going straight to the synagogue.   They BOTH went to BOTH Jew and Gentile.

Dear sister,

That may be what you've been taught, but Paul was specifically called to preach to the Gentiles.  And he wrote most of the New Testament.  The same cannot be said about Peter, who was instructed to feed Christ' sheep (Israel). 

This would be a good time to search for the truth, in order to see if you have been deceived or not.  Christ warned His followers not to let anyone deceive them.

It was the Romans that corrupted God's Word.  They are responsible for changing His times and laws (Dan. 7:25).  And Rome is the origin of our pagan holidays and traditions of men (Christmas, Easter, Halloween, etc., etc.).  None of these are God's appointed times.  Christ told us to do one thing in remembrance of Him, and it wasn't celebrating His birth (Christmas).  That word is not found anywhere in God's Word, and I'm telling you this as a Gentile believer.

I hope you will seek truth, instead of just defending what you have come to believe.  For it is the truth that sets us free, not what we may believe.

Cheers     

29 minutes ago, rollinTHUNDER said:

Dear sister,

That may be what you've been taught, but Paul was specifically called to preach to the Gentiles.  And he wrote most of the New Testament.  The same cannot be said about Peter, who was instructed to feed Christ' sheep (Israel). 

This would be a good time to search for the truth, in order to see if you have been deceived or not.  Christ warned His followers not to let anyone deceive them.

It was the Romans that corrupted God's Word.  They are responsible for changing His times and laws (Dan. 7:25).  And Rome is the origin of our pagan holidays and traditions of men (Christmas, Easter, Halloween, etc., etc.).  None of these are God's appointed times.  Christ told us to do one thing in remembrance of Him, and it wasn't celebrating His birth (Christmas).  That word is not found anywhere in God's Word, and I'm telling you this as a Gentile believer.

I hope you will seek truth, instead of just defending what you have come to believe.  For it is the truth that sets us free, not what we may believe.

Cheers     

I think that quite a few of us must be careful not to accuse our fellow brethren of being deceived.  I have seen a number of us state so when someone simply disagrees with another's position.  I find that the warnings regarding deception in the Bible are more clearing around believing in another gospel that does not hold out Jesus as the Messiah and that there is another way to be right with God.  Also, when we are deceived by sin in our lives and we think everything is just fine, when it is clearly not.

However, if one simply interprets points of Scripture different from you, we cannot accuse them of being deceived.  We all come from different backgrounds and denominations.  What we are trying to achieve is to share our knowledge and to learn from others.  As we explore these posts and search out the Scriptures, we may find a different understanding as we gain more insight and knowledge. 

I have attended many churches in my life.  Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, Episcopalian, Non-Denominational, and Messianic.  I find elements of truth in their doctrines and elements of prejudice, misunderstanding, traditions, or just pure error.  These experiences drove me to a complete and pure study of the Scriptures.  I have let the Word speak to me, and I have throughout the years, changed my position on a number of matters I previously held.  I believe I have grown more mature for it.

I don't see Therese deceived.  I see that she is clearly my sister in the Lord.  We may have disagreements in some points of Scripture, but that is how we discuss and learn.  I will not always agree with everyone, but I am commanded to love you with an Agape love. 

11 hours ago, Qnts2 said:

I still don't understand what you are trying to say.

First of all, all believers under the New Covenant are called priests.

1 Peter 2:1 Therefore, putting aside all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander, like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation, if you have tasted the kindness of the Lord.

And coming to Him as to a living stone which has been rejected by men, but is choice and precious in the sight of God, you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ

The priesthood of believers is fundamental.

Gentiles need not keep Kosher, but there is a caveat. If what you eat offends another, scripture says to refrain. So, don't bring ham to a pot luck dinner with Jewish people who do keep Kosher.

Resting on the 7th day? The same applies.

Feast days are a different story. The early church did know they were celebrating the feast days brought forward into the New Covenant. And, during the millenium, there are prophesies which state Gentiles will be expected to go up to Jerusalem for Succoth.

Ok, so the priesthood has already been in operation for 2000 years now. As for the feast days, I believe the Church has also been keeping those in Christ. The Church did and still does know it is keeping the Lord's paschal season, and keeping the Lord's supper. You say brought forward, I would say brought to completion all in one sacrifice,on one day.

1 hour ago, rollinTHUNDER said:

Dear sister,

Cheers     

Hi rollin THUNDER.

I agree with Shar on this one. One accusation leads to another as one attempts to defend themselves against it.

As for the Jewish believers being separated from unbelieving Jews, Gentiles had nothing to do with that. We read of Paul going around to arrest those in the syngogues, to bring them to Jerusalem to be punished, even unto death. Christ even warned they would do such things.

The destruction of the temple and revolt by Jews, was due to False Messiah's, being proclaimed among the Jew's.  As for the role of the Roman government in these things. It was under the Roman government that the new Sanhedrin was established at Yavneh (Jamnia). This Sanhedrin Allowed for Simon bar Kochba Revolt, and  the declaration of him being Messiah. This Sanhedrin even further alienated Jewish believers from itself. Even calling a curse upon believing Jews to prevent them from attending.

So as for changing times and seasons, that accusation could be placed anywhere in this time period. So Judaism also has it's history to do with being given power by Rome. As Shar said it is better to discuss our various views.

21 hours ago, Shar said:

I was not saying that the good news has not gone out to the nations.  I was specifically referring to Israel's role when Jesus returns to rule on earth during the Davidic reign.

I do not understand the difference you are making? You are talking about an earthly kingdom, instead of his heavenly one?

1 hour ago, Joline said:

I do not understand the difference you are making? You are talking about an earthly kingdom, instead of his heavenly one?

I am speaking of when He fulfills His promise to Israel and sets up His Davidic reign at the end times.  I am not speaking of His Heavenly kingdom.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

2 hours ago, Shar said:

I think that quite a few of us must be careful not to accuse our fellow brethren of being deceived. 

Although the word deceived may be strong, I was not bringing an accusation, though I can understand how some might interpret it that way.  I was merely encouraging a search of God's Word to determine if what we believe is correct or not.  There are so many different beliefs people have about different things, but we should be careful with what we believe.  For God is not bound by all of the things we believe, no matter how strongly we may believe them.  All of God's promises and prophecies will be fulfilled in accordance with the Scriptures, following His plan, purpose and will.  It makes no different how popular a belief or theory is.  If they do not line up with Scripture, they simply will not hold water.  So it's good for all of us to not only know what we believe, but why we believe it and whether or not it lines up with Scripture.

1 hour ago, Shar said:

I am speaking of when He fulfills His promise to Israel and sets up His Davidic reign at the end times.  I am not speaking of His Heavenly kingdom.

I do not understand the significance, nor the connection you are making.

Lu 16:16  The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Mt 11:13  For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

Joh 18:36  Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Heb 2: 5 ¶  For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.

2:8  Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him.  But now we see not yet all things put under him.

Where are you getting your teaching of an earthly kingdom from? I would agree that John's baptism may have included the law and the prophets, but Christ and the Apostles spoke of his heavenly kingdom. So again what are your teachings concerning an earthly worldly reign, and where do you get them Shar?

Edited by Joline

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, Joline said:

Ok, so the priesthood has already been in operation for 2000 years now. As for the feast days, I believe the Church has also been keeping those in Christ. The Church did and still does know it is keeping the Lord's paschal season, and keeping the Lord's supper. You say brought forward, I would say brought to completion all in one sacrifice,on one day.

Believe it or not, most of the church has no clue of the relationship of the Spring feasts to Jesus work. I have taught on this for a long time, and know how most Christians are shocked. And the purpose of most of the feasts has nothing to do with the sacrifices. Or the priesthood.

As far as the priesthood, the New Covenant priesthood is not comparable to the Levitical priesthood, as I've already said. The New Covenant priesthood includes all believers, so there is no unique role to being a priest in the New Covenant, so priests have nothing to do with the feast days under the New Covenant.