• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

How would you 'teach' this to people if you were up at the pulpit teaching?  Now I ask it this way for a reason.

'Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to. For everyone who asks recieves, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.'

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, Pamelasv said:

How would you 'teach' this to people if you were up at the pulpit teaching?  Now I ask it this way for a reason.

'Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to. For everyone who asks recieves, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.'

Hello sister, 

My self in the undersdanding I am now, I will have the scripture in my mind, and tell the people that they are considered from the Lord and to remember to ask him for strength when they feel that  they have no more strength left, to ask him for help to understand our situation and perhaps our anger, even thought we may hold him responsible for that, or maybe even others, and perhaps our selfs at times.

We should seek to understand our situations, and knock his door for that, because there are many door that are open to us to go through at moments like that. 

Thank him for things he has done for us in secrecy, without us asking, and if we must blame him, or others, then we must do so, but only for a season, or a season and a half. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On February 8, 2016 at 11:32 AM, Pamelasv said:

Wow, what a tough question. Honestly, I have no answer I absolutely feel confident about. 

Basically, I apply this by just asking God for wisdom and grace to help me through each day, and I believe he will give me the wisdom and grace I need.  I know this is pretty lame and not very BOLD but it is the best I can do. Sorry.

spock

4 hours ago, Spock said:

Wow, what a tough question. Honestly, I have no answer I absolutely feel confident about. 

Basically, I apply this by just asking God for wisdom and grace to help me through each day, and I believe he will give me the wisdom and grace I need.  I know this is pretty lame and not very BOLD but it is the best I can do. Sorry.

spock

Excellent post, and Thank you. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

This has always been a verse that brings questions it seems.  I guess I asked it that way to see if anybody had any strong convicted beliefs on it. Seems like nobody really does.  It is a tough question.  But if you do have convicted beliefs on it, go ahead and share, but not like you have to teach. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Excellent post, and Thank you. 

Wow, I didn't expect that.  I really believe I'm missing the mark on this one, but it appears many are shying away because they too have reservations. 

Let me add this if I may- I pray for wisdom regarding prophecy, so I can better understand his intentions.  Does that mean what I believe today has been overseen by his loving guidance?  I would like to think so, but........

I'm sur some won't agree with that.  Lol

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

On February 8, 2016 at 10:32 AM, Pamelasv said:

At first, it looks like we can ask anything.  In reading the previous chapter, 6, I see:  We are to give, pray, fast, store heavenly treasures, not worry.

Can one love God, know His will, to the point where they will ask only what is His will for you to ask, seek only His will, etc.?  Does the Holy Spirit really lead us, in everything we ask?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Matthew 6:33  But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Psalm 37:4  Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

James 4:3  You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.

Psalm 27:8  You have said, “Seek my face.”  My heart says to you,  “Your face, Lord, do I seek.”

What if I am asking wrongly; asking for earthly things, for an easier life, for less struggles, and God sees things differently, has a different purpose, 

16 hours ago, Spock said:

spock

I am glad to read your post, and while this scripture has a wide interpretation, seeking wisdom from Jesus it is more important than we sometimes think.

A good friend told me the following experience;

A certain time while I was praying a felt a strong impulse to read this part that Jesus said; "and grater works you shall do in mine name". Then he said for some reason I started to reason; If we do the same works as Jesus then we are the same as him, now LOOK AT THE  CATCH, but if we do grater works than him, then we are grater than him. The friend went on to discrive some strange feelings and thoughts he had of some superiority, or grandiose feeling he had towards Jesus Christ, thinking that he was position hirer than Jesus.

Simly put; grater works it meant grater position.

One day someone unsolicited told him, the parable of growth, the good stiuard parable, and he said immediately I heard the words within me, "no servant is grater than his master". When I imediatly relate and accepted the guidance, he said I became huble, and my bubble burst and I deflated at the feet of Jesus. At that momment some spiritual oppression left me. 

PS

The brother said; the Lord had open the door for him to experience a deceiving or a distorted spirit, to help him and develop his skills of discerning. 

Then he said he remember the scripture;

"not to be ignorant of the schemes and the ways or the traps of the devil". 

25 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Matthew 6:33  But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Jesus that time he was teaching Jewis people, for he had not yet been  glorified, and the Gentiles were not included, as a matter of fact the Gentiles were excluded.

And when he was glorified the Gentiles who believed in him were included and the Jewis who did not believed in him were excluded, I am not quite sure what to make out of it. 

Confusing as it is. 

Psalm 37:4  Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

That time, during the time of King David, to keep and follow and abide in the Law of Moses, ( and not seek  the Idols), it meant to delight yourself in the Lord.

PS

The "Lord", David is referring to, is not Jesus Christ, but the Lord of the Mossaic Law. 

I hope that I got that right.

And an extreme example;

If and when someone has met the requirements of that scripture and his desire it is to be (that time), the king and or inherit David's kingdom, do you think for a momment that the Lord will give him his desire.

James 4:3  You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.

Psalm 27:8  You have said, “Seek my face.”  My heart says to you,  “Your face, Lord, do I seek.”

What if I am asking wrongly; asking for earthly things, for an easier life, for less struggles, and God sees things differently, has a different purpose, 

and David had nothing to say about that; " faith is pleasing to God, and that statment is referring also to believers in Jesus Christ", " from faith to faith"," not from works to works", and that too, where it is apply. And faith and works where it is also applicable. 

And not as David said; "from obedience to the Law of Moses, and to continiun in obedience to the Law of Moses", 

And if David had that Blessing of obedience to obedience to the Law of Moses, that blessing did not stop him from going to Sheol as he had said it, himself. 

I am saying that David needed Jesus Christ to take him out from there, and it was made known to him, that the time will come for that to happen, and David died with that hope in his hart.