existential mabel

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

hello Kari. yes the post;s i have received have been most excellent. as for being understood that has been good. however i do have ongoing difficulty with mh and i do hope that this doesnt get in the way for both me and others. i am doing many things to keep this manageable including joining this forum. although i was very nervous as i am not a confident christian by far. my hope is with God's help i will get through and start to make connections and that all the hard work i have been doing for nearly 2 years regarding studying the bible will bear some fruit in the not too distant future. i am doing homework at the mo going through what people have posted.

:huh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 2/16/2016 at 11:57 AM, existential mabel said:

Steven thank you so much for your prayers

Marilyn C  thanks for your post, “Just words to me at the time.” That is interesting that you say this. How did this change for you? Yes this mantra of 0 do be positive dear. The best I can do at the mo is to fake it.

I am looking to build a stronger inner core and that is why I decided to look at the bible from start to finish. Because the worlds “wisdom is folly.” Hopefully by the time I have got to the end I would be different somehow (naive or what? Well this is the third time that I am doing this. And I have to say I haven’t had any major changes.

I keep on keeping on even when I feel that actually maybe it is not good for me to keep on keeping on and not getting any fruit.

0k so the LORD is with me everyday. S0 this leads me on to thinking… That my life is 0bviously not right because I have constant anxiety and depression. And if I take on board what you have just said then He is nudging me a lot then?!

I have so much fear of life. I am stuck and have been all my adult life and this has over the years become a trap to me. “And I have settled for this” (is the only vaguest of ways I can describe it) And if i change then my life and the  “security” that I have grown familiar with will be all stripped away. As it is my life feels like it is on the edge of a precarious precipice and if I change I don’t believe that I can make that leap I really am in a no win no hope situation it feels. These are the components behind my fake positive persona  that society insists I must have.

S0 then how do I hear/listen to the LORD with anxiety and depression? I did manage to just be earlier and to enjoy the sunshine whilst on the settee. Did manage not to be busy busy busy so that is good. Somehow I need to break the cycle of being c0nstantly busy it is like an addiction. Seeing my mother having to sit still just a few days ago because of having sprained her ankle very badly and for my mother to not be busy that is like pulling teeth without anaesthetic!

Everything is very congealed in my head thinking wise. S0 somehow I have to make room for space. In my constant busyness I forget that I am supposed to be doing things that would help me to relax.

I did have a kind of chat with Him today and if nothing else it illustrated how exasperated I am that I have to talk to Him in the first place! And yes as one post mentioned it is a way of sorting out the thoughts. I guess this is going to take some time to clear a pathway in  the jungle.  

interesting thing happened earlier my dad phoned me about an hour a go and asked me directly if i was 0k because he was concerned and worried about me. that sounds like a normal conversation but i never have conversations like this with my parents. he was only on the phone for literally 2 minutes. i thanked him for caring. that took a lot for my dad to do that and i am really touched. he so would like to be able to help me but he cant and that is why i dont ever talk about it.

my dad has so much on his plate that the last thing i wanted was to be a source of much concern to him. (he has prostrate cancer and he will be 85 years old this year). 

i think maybe the prayers are doing something.

When you read the bible you can ask the Lord for the fruit when the word tells you about fruit and ask for His peace when your reading about His peace. I pray while I study for others and myself. I was studying romans 5 and I started asking for Romans 5:5 for myself and for people in our church that were having conflict and causing a church split. Within a few weeks most the people fighting were hugging and apologizing to each other. God does thing His way and we often don't know His way's but when we pray as we study we can see what the Lord wants for us and pray according to His will.

On 17/02/2016 at 6:06 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi mabel,

As regards reading God`s word, may I suggest you don`t start at Genesis, but at Mark in the New Testament area. That short book reads very quickly about Jesus` life. Have a pen & paper & write down (or on the computer) what you read of Jesus` character. Be specific, writing how He treats others & how He responds to situations. If we are to trust Him we need to know what He is like & what He does. Write to us of what you read, if you like, I would love to hear from your perspective.

BTW being on the `edge of a precarious precipice,` is well put & is the best place to be as we are then motivated to want to change. Now God is holding you & as you work on that `questioning` of your thoughts then you will find that inner self becoming stronger & realising that God is helping to `transform` your mind – replacing untruths with His truth. (Romans chapter 12: verse 2)

All the best, Marilyn.

hello Marilyn. i have been looking at Mark and i have been taking the time to go through it and i have decided to do it in bitesizes. it is helpful to give me an anchor with regards to studying the word.

it is quite interesting that God sends His messenger ahead to prepare the way. i mean after all Jesus was the son of God.

And this makes me think hum yeah right how little preparation I take on the spiritual side of things o sure I read the interesting stuff along with all the other people and run with the o that’s a nice thought feeling but  I flit from one thing to another. I have the 21 century busy disease and its addictive especially as it helps to keep the negative thinking to one side which would then tip me into depression. This dog keeps on yapping at my heels it feels like.

what was it that needed to be made ready? obviously this was based on the spiritual rather than just on the material. so John was the link between God and Jesus then. That is interesting. John was the link as even Jesus couldn’t do it in His own strength.

Jesus knew where He had come from. what His purpose was and how this was to be done. Although he didn’t have the full picture. But He had enough vision, if you will, to keep on keeping on and not to loose out to the pitfalls of fear and ignorance and an out of focus busyness.  He was under Gods commission.

He had to pass some grueling tests in order to be ready for His ministry. He needed to be a  clear channel to God and to His ministry and that took time and preparation. and this involved satan his adversary who was always going to be in his sights and "the dark is attracted to the light even though it doesn’t understand it." so what better thing to do than to face satan down and be clear that He was no soft target to satan's beguiling wile. and satan had to leave Jesus alone for a while.. which gave Jesus the road ahead clear for a time.He did have some help of some angels. I notice.

Jesus is straight away into preaching and the first thing He preaches is the Kingdom of God is near. What does this mean? Do you have to be born again for the Kingdom of God to be near? For me I think sin means Basically to turn away from your sins and to turn back to God then. Not to be self sufficient.

Why did the men that Jesus chose to be His disciples immediately go and join Him? they were working men and not in the "church" they were simple folk but obviously they knew the Judaism religion. Jesus chose these men specifically because i think they were not closed in their religious ways. they were receptive because they had not become lost in all the rules, regulations and traditions that the religious leaders were and some still are the same today.

but if they realised that they would be super seeding the Jewish leaders etc then i think they would have been very reticent about taking up this opportunity with Jesus.

Jesus taught with authority He must have been authentic in His approach after all He was the Son of God. and that is far far different than people who have had to learn and become indoctrinated as they have learned. they teach more of a legalistic way. Jesus is the way. He is the truth. come to Him in spirit and in truth.

How come demons knew who Jesus was and yet the people and the religious authorities didn’t?

Jesus knew why He was there and was totally focused on what He needed to do.

And the demons knew this and were very afraid and tried to get into talking with Jesus I believe. But that is a snare. Just name it as Jesus did and it dissolves that power. As people we from time to time are in denial about our darkness such as envy for example and that gives free reign and power to the darkness within. We don’t believe that we should be feeling this seeing as we are a Christian...what a perfect trap! i do get wearied by the good little Christians who are busy busy busy and i just know that it is a driven kind of busyness. it has no substance which i have found out all too frequently.

00ps dont know how i did this and how to clear it doh!

anyway thanks Marilyn

Edited by existential mabel

On 23/02/2016 at 2:02 PM, Reinitin said:

When you read the bible you can ask the Lord for the fruit when the word tells you about fruit and ask for His peace when your reading about His peace. I pray while I study for others and myself. I was studying romans 5 and I started asking for Romans 5:5 for myself and for people in our church that were having conflict and causing a church split. Within a few weeks most the people fighting were hugging and apologizing to each other. God does thing His way and we often don't know His way's but when we pray as we study we can see what the Lord wants for us and pray according to His will.

thanks Reinitin for the helpful post. prayer is still something that other people do. as i read more of the word ...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, existential mabel said:

thanks Reinitin for the helpful post. prayer is still something that other people do. as i read more of the word ...

try this one.. I want to know you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,181
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi mabel,

It is really good to hear from you & how you are going with your study & walk with the Lord. I think `bitsize` readings are a good idea. Time to meditate on what you have read & see what God has highlighted for you. And what came over to me was –

1. PREPARATION.

You saw that in relation to John the Baptist. He was the last prophet to come before Jesus & he was sent to prepare the PEOPLE, for Jesus` coming.

Then I saw that God was highlighting `preparation` for you. It is difficult to talk to someone we don`t know so God is helping you to get to know Him by understanding His character & His motives. This you are doing. Then He has helped you bring to the surface a hindrance to this relationship with Him – Busyness.

You said that you `flit from one thing to another,` & also that you get `wearied` by others who are `busy, busy, busy.` So here you (by the Holy Spirit) have brought out what is needed to help you PREPARE to get to know God & talk (pray) to Him. Busyness can be a sign of lack of real purpose.

What do you like doing? God has given us talents & gifts & they are what we like to do. Think on that. Also I would suggest start `pruning` stuff that is really `stuff.` Whether it is actual material possessions, activities that are wasteful & even relationships that are `wearying.` To have a `new relationship` (with God) means we need to make room for it - PREPARE.

2. RULERSHIP.

The phrase `the kingdom of God` is about God`s rule in our hearts if you will receive that. And I see that you are working with Him to get to know Him more. It is about His guidance, helping us in our minds to see clearly & to manage our lives.

Looks to me like the Lord has highlighted some things for you about Himself & also for you to do in your life. And I think they are manageable things of which we all can take note.

All the best, Marilyn.

On 01/03/2016 at 1:38 PM, Reinitin said:

try this one.. I want to know you.

not sure what you mean. sorry

Oh boy oh boy I am constantly making preparation in the voluntary work that I do. In this work it can and does get extremely chaotic and it has taken since before Christmas to at last say those words, “it is done”for now that is!

Busyness has I  believe become an  addiction. To keep the dog that is yapping at my heels away. I have been thinking in the last few days that I would like to do a retreat and I am going through the material to get familiar with it. I haven’t booked it as yet. And it may even be full. I have been drifting through life with no (much anyway) purpose. As time goes by it is starting to feel almost like a living hell.

Also I would suggest start `pruning` stuff that is really `stuff.` Whether it is actual material possessions, activities that are wasteful

Ah ha I am one step ahead of the game I have been shredding loads of stuff. Had a ruthless streak that needed expression! I am going systematically through the flat and taking stuff to charity or disposing of it.

even relationships that are `wearying.`

I am fairly good at organising (not people!) which is where the voluntary work comes in. to me its important to do the job properly or not at all. Phraw blimy I have just yesterday made it clear with someone that I cant continue the friendship as it is, I do not want to be brow beaten any longer. Not had a reply since!

Rulership The phrase `the kingdom of God` is about God`s rule in our hearts if you will receive that. I am still uncertain about God ruling in my heart is the bottom line and this has been the root of not making much progress. I fear that He would need me to be someone I have no wish to be..

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to the post

Very much appreciated. It seems like a light at the end of a long and dark tunnel

mabel

Edited by existential mabel

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

You need to read the book of psalms. The book of psalms is for spiritual warfare. If you have depression, anxiety, or temptations to sin, it is a spiritual attack by the devil. What you need to do is pray to god first and tell him to take away your depression or what ever your ailment is , next you will read a psalm on deliverance from the wicked, there are many in the book of psalms. You can read one or as many as you would like.I was hooked on antidepressants and Ambien for 10 years. When I became born again Jesus revealed this to me through fasting and prayer. Now I'm 100% drug free and sleep great.

If you find that your still under attack or your symptoms are getting worse read.

Low level attack psalms 30-35

Mid level attack psalms 30-40 mostly what I read

High level attack psalms 30-119

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Also there maybe things going on in your personal life that open up door ways for demons to come in. Example, I had a un repented desire to lust. I got attack one night in my sleep by a succubus demon because I had a open door. Also if your sinning and not repenting you can open up doors for demons to attack your life, health, or household. These attacks can show up as arguments, depression, anxiety, sadness, temptation, bad thought, ect. This is not taught in church.