• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

Pardon me, but where did I ever use the phrase "exact wording?" Please quote the passage for us out of my post where I "required" the "exact words in scripture" of you.

Hi WilliamL,

This is what you said, -

`No, the passages in Rev. 6 and Isaiah say nothing about them repenting of their idols. They will merely just cast them aside as useless at that time; but they will not turn to God in repentance, far from it.`

That looks like `exact wording` to me, bro.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

15 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Yes, `casting away,` is more correct than `repenting.` I did wonder on that. Good point.

Here you agreed to the point I made, but above you criticize it, because you say I required 'exact wording' of you, which I clearly did not.

"Exact wording" is not the same as reasonable understanding. Is it reasonable understanding to say that casting away idols is the same as repentance to God? (Apparently you now are saying yes.) And based solely upon that, to use that rationale to thereafter require 'exact wording' from everything I post?

That looks like a straw man argument to me, a double standard.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

6 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Here you agreed to the point I made, but above you criticize it, because you say I required 'exact wording' of you, which I clearly did not.

"Exact wording" is not the same as reasonable understanding. Is it reasonable understanding to say that casting away idols is the same as repentance to God? (Apparently you now are saying yes.) And based solely upon that, to use that rationale to thereafter require 'exact wording' from everything I post?

That looks like a straw man argument to me, a double standard.

Hi WilliamL,

You are misunderstanding I think. I did agree with you & still do that to say `casting away,` is more accurate than `repentance.` And I do think you should also require that of yourself in your explanation of scripture. No double standard there bro, just seeing that we both need to stick close to the scriptures.

Marilyn.