• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, I just really need someone to explain this Bible verse to me: Proverbs 22:3

I have a Bible app on my phone and everyday, I get daily verses. It's usually random, however, I am worried because this particular verse keeps appearing as my daily verse and I don't know how to interpret it. 

I will pray to God for clarity because I get the feeling, he is trying to tell me something. 

*ps sorry if it all seems a bit rushed but I am at work and had to quickly write this on my phone :)

Oh and thanks in advance! 

Edited by Dennie4

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Welcome~!

:emot-heartbeat:

A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences. Proverbs 22:3 (New Living Translation)

A sensible person sees danger and takes cover, but the inexperienced keep going and are punished. Proverbs 2:3 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

A prudent one sees an evil man being scourged and is powerfully instructed, but fools pass by him and suffer damage. Proverbs 22:3 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

'

Sensible people foresee trouble and hide [from it], but gullible people go ahead and suffer [the consequence]. Proverbs 22:3 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

'

A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 (King James Version)

Another Look Or So
I Pray These Are Of Some Help

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I use only the KJV so I can only explain what it means from my Bible. Simply put handle your business before it handles you. Whatever it may be. God sometimes warns you ahead of time of incoming danger. That's why where told to be sober and vigilant. So whatever minor issue that you maybe having. Confront it head on Now ( don't explain it away) before it becomes a major issue. Trust in the Lord lean NOT to thine own understanding. Pray and study the word if any man seeketh wisdom let him ask of God 

Edited by manuelf324

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

6 hours ago, manuelf324 said:

I use only the KJV so I can only explain what it means from my Bible. Simply put handle your business before it handles you. Whatever it may be. God sometimes warns you ahead of time of incoming danger. That's why where told to be sober and vigilant. So whatever minor issue that you maybe having. Confront it head on Now ( don't explain it away) before it becomes a major issue. Trust in the Lord lean NOT to thine own understanding. Pray and study the word if any man seeketh wisdom let him ask of God 

:emot-heartbeat:

A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 (King James Version)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

On 17/02/2016 at 5:43 AM, Dennie4 said:

In simple terms always plan for contingencies. Hope for the best, expect the worst, and plan accordingly. Those who fail to plan, plan to fail.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

This is common sense really. Don't walk across a train track when the red light is signalling. Don't jump in water if you don't know how deep it is (or can't swim). Don't drive a car you know is faulty. Don't drink and drive, and so on.

If you feel it's a message for you , just keep yourself focused and watch out for anything that gives a sence that you should not do it.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Just take a look at the Hebrew text.

Hebrew: עָ רוּם   רָ אָ ה   רָ עָ ה   וְ יִ סָּ תֵ ר   וְ נִ סְ תָּ ר   וּפְ תָ יִ ים   עָ בְ רו   וְ נֶעֱנָשׁו ( orum rae roe u·isthr u·nsthr u·phthiim obru u·nonshu ) source is the WLC.

It is talking about a smart Man who recognizes evil but conceals it. (He does not warn others from what he knows). And others are falling in their misfortune. (or the Hebrew actually says: "Others are passing the evil and are fined.") So others pay because you did not warn them about the evil that you've recognized.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 2/17/2016 at 6:43 AM, Dennie4 said:

I have a Bible app on my phone and everyday, I get daily verses. It's usually random, however, I am worried because this particular verse keeps appearing as my daily verse and I don't know how to interpret it. 

I will pray to God for clarity because I get the feeling, he is trying to tell me something. 

*ps sorry if it all seems a bit rushed but I am at work and had to quickly write this on my phone :)

Hi Dennie,

Don't just pick out one verse and try and figure out what it means.  Read the whole chapter and I think you will have your questions answered. And by the way use any version of the Bible that makes you comfortable.  I like the New King James Version, it's easy to understand and read.  We will be glad to help you.  

Blessings RustyAngeL

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 2/17/2016 at 6:43 AM, Dennie4 said:

Hi Dennie and welcome to Worthy.  Once you have five post you may come back here with your questions and comments.  We are always happy to see new people.