• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

On 2/25/2016 at 5:17 PM, Reinitin said:

Talk about coming in with a bang. Welcome to chat.

thankyou

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Now here is knowledge – America has deep water seaports!!! That’s right, there is DEEP Water port facility in all of America.

Worthy

When I read over Rev 18 again, I saw nothing mentioned about "Ports".

Revelation 18:17   For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

These Merchants are shown trading by the sea, because the Harlot sits upon the waters;  God is using "the sea" to describe THIS WORLD she controls (see Rev 17 for explaination)

Revelation 17:1   ........; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

"Waters" in this case means people. 

Revelation 17:2   With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

Revelation 17:15   And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

You are picturing One main Port.  I see a SEA OF PEOPLE from ALL NATIONS.

By God mentioning the Sea, with Ships and Sailors, he is using this are a metaphor for this world.  Use the definitions God gave us to see the real picture. This real picture has a spiritual implication to it.  People are trading literally, yes, but this is where their spirit is, entrapped within this world's system of the material and not spiritual.

God is speaking about the world of trade which happens in every nation.  The economies of the world depend on people buying and selling.

Whoever writes books or preaches contrary to what the spirit is showing us is in grave error.  Use your own discernment to look at God's definitions.  Stay within his definitions and the spirit will speak to us and show us the spiritual state of man.

Luke 16:13   No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

On 2/26/2016 at 9:11 AM, enoob57 said:

That makes two of us.... :whistling: 

;)

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,036
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

16 hours ago, Sister said:

Worthy

When I read over Rev 18 again, I saw nothing mentioned about "Ports".

Revelation 18:17   For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

These Merchants are shown trading by the sea, because the Harlot sits upon the waters;  God is using "the sea" to describe THIS WORLD she controls (see Rev 17 for explaination)

Revelation 17:1   ........; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

"Waters" in this case means people. 

Revelation 17:2   With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

Revelation 17:15   And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

You are picturing One main Port.  I see a SEA OF PEOPLE from ALL NATIONS.

By God mentioning the Sea, with Ships and Sailors, he is using this are a metaphor for this world.  Use the definitions God gave us to see the real picture. This real picture has a spiritual implication to it.  People are trading literally, yes, but this is where their spirit is, entrapped within this world's system of the material and not spiritual.

God is speaking about the world of trade which happens in every nation.  The economies of the world depend on people buying and selling.

Whoever writes books or preaches contrary to what the spirit is showing us is in grave error.  Use your own discernment to look at God's definitions.  Stay within his definitions and the spirit will speak to us and show us the spiritual state of man.

Luke 16:13   No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Hello Sister.

While I don't agree with the OP, there are many things in it that are true. So why some of the others here have stated they can't agree with any of it escapes me.

However, this woman called Mystery, Babylon the Great, or, The Mother of Harlots, is riding the beast which is all together a different entity. For in the context of the passage, this "beast" that she is riding is that one which rose up out of the sea, and according to the angel represents the eighth in a historical succession of empires that had/have prophetic significance.

These empires are represented by mountains with their respective kings are represented by the seven heads to give us a clue, or “wisdom” whereby we can distinguish who the empires are on which this woman has usurped her authority throughout the ages in persecution of God’s people.

Revelation 17:9 - And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

So we have the historic succession of 7 empires with their kings that were influence by this false Jezebel-religious system throughout the ages now sitting in union with the final beast that goes into perdition. So here are a few questions that I feel must be answered if there is going to be any success in understanding the prophecy.

Who is she?

Who has she been in history past?

Who are the seven and their order of prophetic significance?

Who is the eighth that goes into perdition?

And who are the 10 kings who deceptively consent to give their power unto the eighth beast, but will ultimately break their agreement and destroy both the woman and the beast?

Blindseeker

Who is she?

She is "Satans" Woman.  Not a real woman, but depicted as a woman, because she produces children who live off her "teachings".

The "Harlot" is Satan's teachings.  Teaching man to go after the material things his woman (teachings) can provide, and not the things of God.

Who has she been in history past?

She's the same in the past as she is today.  Her teachings have not changed.

Who are the seven and their order of prophetic significance?

The seven Mountains on which the whore sits are the 7 major leading empires throughout history.

1.  Egypt - Israel were captives of Egypt, and freed

2.  Assyria - Israel were overturned by the Assyrians.  The 10 tribes were taken to Assyria and mingled with them.  They became Samaria.

3.  Babylon - Judah were carried away into Babylon by King Neb.

4.  Medo-Persia - Judah under the Medo-Persian empire now

5.  Greecia - Judah & all of Israel still under this king, because he conquered Medo-Persia.

6.  Rome - Had control of Israel

7.  End time Rome - (Great Britain) controlled Israel and made a deal to give Israel back their land.  Israel became a "State" in 1948.

8.  Final empire (of the 7th which becomes the 8th) - Will occupy Israel.

Who is the eighth that goes into perdition?

The Final empire that oppresses Israel.  This empire Christ will destroy during their rule.

And who are the 10 kings who deceptively consent to give their power unto the eighth beast, but will ultimately break their agreement and destroy both the woman and the beast?

They are "acting" as Kings.  They hold most of the world's power because they hold the money.  They are here now working in the shadows.  Whether they be "revealed" as to who they actually are, I don't know, but they eventually gain power over all the worlds economies, and these have the power to introduce the NWO and get the world used to the idea of receiving "the Mark of the Beast".  They are the ones getting the new system ready to go.  They have been working on it for a very long time.

These 10 kings will eat the Harlot's flesh meaning they will purposely destroy her current system as we know it.  They will bankrupt the world's economies, only to bring in their solution - a New World Order.

Worthy

I was hoping that you would not just post and then run away, you have to defend your view. 

I have started presenting my view why Mystery Babylon cannot be America, simply because the Whore sitting on the waters is a metaphor for this world. 

If the waters represent peoples, nations and tongues, then doesn't that include everybody?  How can we then say it refers to one main Port in one main place?

Please answer.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,036
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Revelation 13:1 - And I stood on the sand of the sea, and I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns. And on its horns were ten crowns, and on its heads was the name of blasphemy.

Revelation 17:1 - And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: 2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication. 3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon the Great, The Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth.

Revelation 17:15 - And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

When most Americans consider the geographical United States of America, (unless they live in Alaska or Hawaii), they readily think of the contiguous 48 adjoining states on the continent of North America. If asked just, what waters does America “sit on,” their first thoughts usually go the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, and Gulf of Mexico. For some people, those waters alone don’t fit their perception of the biblical description of “many waters.” However, when considering the fact that the Greek word which was translated as “many” in verse one has also been translated “great” 52 times and “much” 73 times in the New Testament, then the various plausible meanings of the Greek word easily allows these combined three bodies of waters to biblically qualify as both “great” and “much” water. This is especially true when considering how together, just the Atlantic and the Pacific, make up approximately 76 percent of the world’s oceans and cover over 45 percent of the collective surface area of the planet; i.e. oceans, water and land.  When Alaska is considered along with the 48 adjoining states, the “many waters” would now include the Gulf of Alaska, the Bering Sea, the Chukchi Sea and the Beaufort Sea; increasing the aforementioned percentages considerably.

Moreover, when one takes into consideration the literal foothold presence that the American military has all over the world, we must agree that America does in fact sit on “many waters.” This was addressed during the Sept. 12, 2011, Republican presidential debate in Tampa, when Rep. Ron Paul of Texas speaking of America’s military presence stated, “We’re in 130 countries. We have 900 bases around the world.” Since this number seemed to be questionably high, the Tampa Bay Times PolitiFact Check decided to check the accuracy of Representative Ron Paul’s statement. Accordingly, they “found U.S. military personnel on the ground in a whopping 148 countries… However, we should add a caveat. In 56 of these 148 countries, the U.S. has less than 10 active-duty personnel present… In addition, this is a snapshot of the global military footprint, so it may not include all temporary training missions and humanitarian assistance activities. “Such activities are so pervasive you almost have to wonder how the other 70 countries manage to avoid hosting such operations," said John Pike, the director of globalsecurity.org, a national security think tank.

Regarding their fact checking of Representative Ron Paul’s claim of a total of 900 bases, PolitiFact Check “turned to an official Pentagon accounting of U.S. military bases around the nation and the world, the "Base Structure Report, Fiscal 2010 Baseline."

The verification of the personnel count was a Sept. 30, 2010, Pentagon document titled, “Active Duty Military Personnel Strengths by Regional Area and by Country.” Their conclusion was “According to this report, the U.S. has 662 overseas bases in 38 foreign countries, which is a smaller number than the 900 bases Paul cited. But here again, the list omits several nations integral to active operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, so it’s conceivable that the actual number of sites approaches 900.” 

According to Wikipedia, “The military of the United States is deployed in more than 150 countries around the world, with over 160,000 of its active-duty personnel serving outside the United States and its territories and an additional 110,000 deployed in various contingency operations.” When totaling the countries, listed on Wikipedia by region, in which U.S. military personnel are deployed, the total is over 198,000. Those numbers are based on the most recent United States Department of Defense statistics as of June 30, 2014. It would seem that without a doubt American troops are spread across the globe and is indeed sitting on “many waters.” These statistics vary slightly year to year, but according to a Department of Defense report for 2008, “no other nation in the world has such widespread global military presence.”

According to The Center for Research and Globalization, an independent research organization, “The United States Military is currently deployed to more locations than it has been throughout history.” We must also recognize that not only does the U.S. have military presence all over the world; it also maintains diplomatic relations with almost every country as well. According to a June 29, 2009 report from the State Department, there are 192 countries in the world and except for Bhutan, Cuba, Iran and North Korea; the United States has diplomatic relations with them all.

American Presidential foreign policies since the end of World War II and the restoration of Israel has impacted the rest of the world probably more than any other nation in history, except for Israel itself. For again, we must not lose sight of the direct correlation between the seven-headed beast and Israel, both which “was, is not, and yet is.”

So I would feel very comfortable in acknowledging that America does sit on many waters even to this day.

6 minutes ago, BlindSeeker said:

Revelation 13:1 - And I stood on the sand of the sea, and I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns. And on its horns were ten crowns, and on its heads was the name of blasphemy.

Revelation 17:1 - And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: 2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication. 3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon the Great, The Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth.

Revelation 17:15 - And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

When most Americans consider the geographical United States of America, (unless they live in Alaska or Hawaii), they readily think of the contiguous 48 adjoining states on the continent of North America. If asked just, what waters does America “sit on,” their first thoughts usually go the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, and Gulf of Mexico. For some people, those waters alone don’t fit their perception of the biblical description of “many waters.” However, when considering the fact that the Greek word which was translated as “many” in verse one has also been translated “great” 52 times and “much” 73 times in the New Testament, then the various plausible meanings of the Greek word easily allows these combined three bodies of waters to biblically qualify as both “great” and “much” water. This is especially true when considering how together, just the Atlantic and the Pacific, make up approximately 76 percent of the world’s oceans and cover over 45 percent of the collective surface area of the planet; i.e. oceans, water and land.  When Alaska is considered along with the 48 adjoining states, the “many waters” would now include the Gulf of Alaska, the Bering Sea, the Chukchi Sea and the Beaufort Sea; increasing the aforementioned percentages considerably.

Moreover, when one takes into consideration the literal foothold presence that the American military has all over the world, we must agree that America does in fact sit on “many waters.” This was addressed during the Sept. 12, 2011, Republican presidential debate in Tampa, when Rep. Ron Paul of Texas speaking of America’s military presence stated, “We’re in 130 countries. We have 900 bases around the world.” Since this number seemed to be questionably high, the Tampa Bay Times PolitiFact Check decided to check the accuracy of Representative Ron Paul’s statement. Accordingly, they “found U.S. military personnel on the ground in a whopping 148 countries… However, we should add a caveat. In 56 of these 148 countries, the U.S. has less than 10 active-duty personnel present… In addition, this is a snapshot of the global military footprint, so it may not include all temporary training missions and humanitarian assistance activities. “Such activities are so pervasive you almost have to wonder how the other 70 countries manage to avoid hosting such operations," said John Pike, the director of globalsecurity.org, a national security think tank.

Regarding their fact checking of Representative Ron Paul’s claim of a total of 900 bases, PolitiFact Check “turned to an official Pentagon accounting of U.S. military bases around the nation and the world, the "Base Structure Report, Fiscal 2010 Baseline."

The verification of the personnel count was a Sept. 30, 2010, Pentagon document titled, “Active Duty Military Personnel Strengths by Regional Area and by Country.” Their conclusion was “According to this report, the U.S. has 662 overseas bases in 38 foreign countries, which is a smaller number than the 900 bases Paul cited. But here again, the list omits several nations integral to active operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, so it’s conceivable that the actual number of sites approaches 900.” 

According to Wikipedia, “The military of the United States is deployed in more than 150 countries around the world, with over 160,000 of its active-duty personnel serving outside the United States and its territories and an additional 110,000 deployed in various contingency operations.” When totaling the countries, listed on Wikipedia by region, in which U.S. military personnel are deployed, the total is over 198,000. Those numbers are based on the most recent United States Department of Defense statistics as of June 30, 2014. It would seem that without a doubt American troops are spread across the globe and is indeed sitting on “many waters.” These statistics vary slightly year to year, but according to a Department of Defense report for 2008, “no other nation in the world has such widespread global military presence.”

According to The Center for Research and Globalization, an independent research organization, “The United States Military is currently deployed to more locations than it has been throughout history.” We must also recognize that not only does the U.S. have military presence all over the world; it also maintains diplomatic relations with almost every country as well. According to a June 29, 2009 report from the State Department, there are 192 countries in the world and except for Bhutan, Cuba, Iran and North Korea; the United States has diplomatic relations with them all.

American Presidential foreign policies since the end of World War II and the restoration of Israel has impacted the rest of the world probably more than any other nation in history, except for Israel itself. For again, we must not lose sight of the direct correlation between the seven-headed beast and Israel, both which “was, is not, and yet is.”

So I would feel very comfortable in acknowledging that America does sit on many waters even to this day.

BlindSeeker

"The Whore" is sitting on 7 mountains.

The 7 mountains represent the 7 major kingdoms of man (through God's eyes) from the first kingdom of Egypt all the way through to the last kingdom.

The simple fact is that "The Whore" cannot be America because she was not there when Egypt was ruling, nor when Assyria was ruling, or Medo-Persia etc.

This "Whore" Mystery Babylon, the Mother of Harlots, has been sitting on all these kingdoms since the beginning of time.

It doesn't matter how many bases the US have, they are in that same Sea that "the woman" sits upon.  She is ruling over all the kingdoms, and the US is not a kingdom, but a nation who is currently under a kingdom herself.

I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand?  Satan is in control of all the kingdoms. Jesus calls Satan "the god of this world".  All the kingdoms of man great and small belong to Satan.  He is the one holding the carrot, and the nations have eaten out of his hands.  He has groomed all these kingdoms, and his last kingdom of man, in our time will be destroyed.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

On 2/25/2016 at 6:17 PM, Ezra said:

Correct.  And it is the key city in Scripture. Jerusalem.

I believe Tehran, in Iran, formally Persia, is a large city without a port. (Larger then Jerusalem).