• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

14 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

I believe Tehran, in Iran, formally Persia, is a large city without a port. (Larger then Jerusalem). 

Except that Tehran has little or no biblical significance. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 27/02/2016 at 6:02 PM, Davida said:

America is not perfect ....but it is not Mystery Babylon. 

Some American commentators are so eager to see America in Bible prophecy that they extrapolate their own ideas on to Scripture.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

This is what I call an empire!

British Commonwealth Countries

• Antigua and Barbuda
  • Australia
  • Bahamas
  • Bangladesh
  • Barbados
  • Belize
  • Botswana
  • Brunei
  • Canada
  • Cameroon
  • Cyprus
  • Dominica
  • Fiji
  • Gambia
  • Ghana
  • Grenada
  • Guyana
  • India
  • Jamaica
  • Kenya
  • Kiribati
  • Lesotho
  • Malawi
  • Malaysia
  • Maldives
  • Malta
  • Mauritius
  • Mozamique
  • Namibia
  • Nauru
  • New Zealand
  • Nigeria
  • Pakistan
  • Papua New Guinea
  • St Christoper & Nevis (formerly St Kitts & Nevis)
  • St Lucia
  • St Vincent & the Grenadines
  • Samoa (formerly Western) Seychelles
  • Sierra Leone
  • Singapore
  • Solomon Islands
  • South Africa
  • Sri Lanka
  • Swaziland
  • Tanzania
  • Tonga
  • Trinidad & Tobago
  • Tuvalu
  • Uganda
  • Vanuatu
  • Zambia
  • Zimbabwe
  • Rwanda (2010)

British Dependent Countries

• Anguilla
  • Bermuda
  • British Antarctic Territories
  • British Indian Ocean Territories
  • British Virgin Islands
  • Cayman Islands
  • Falkland Islands
  • Gibraltar
  • Montserrat
  • Pitcairn Islands
  • St Helena
  • St Helena dependencies;  (Ascension, Tristan da Cunha, South Georgia & the South Sandwich Islands) Turks and Caicos Islands

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Mystery Babylon is a system,not a place.That system is a one world religion,headed by satan,ie,confusion.....

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

10 hours ago, Cletus said:

Actually Mystery Babylon isnt a city.  New york is however possibly her head quarters, but I am not holding my breath that it is.  Mystery babs, the woman with the inscription on her forehead, She is the force that rules/rides this beast/world.  Many people today refer to her as the new world order, freemasons, etc. 

In scripture a woman represents a church/congregation/ group of people.  For instance, the bride of Christ. 

It's both a city and all that is in the world.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,111
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

10 hours ago, Cletus said:

Actually Mystery Babylon isnt a city.  ...

In scripture a woman represents a church/congregation/ group of people.  For instance, the bride of Christ. 

6 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Mystery Babylon is a system,not a place.

Rev. 17:8 “And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth.”

Yes, it is a city. A city in which a church that practices a mystery religion had/has it's headquarters. A city that long reigned over kings of the earth. A church that once practiced, and still does practice, spiritual fornication with world rulers.

And, to repeat once more, Mystery/musterion is not an adjective, it is a noun, meaning in this passage a mystery religion:

Rev. 17:5 And on her forehead a name was written:

A MYSTERY [RELIGION], BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

"Hidden thing, secret, mystery

1. generally mysteries, religious secrets, confided only to the initiated and not to ordinary mortals" https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G3466&t=NKJV

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,038
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On 1/3/2016 at 9:25 PM, Sister said:

BlindSeeker

"The Whore" is sitting on 7 mountains.

The 7 mountains represent the 7 major kingdoms of man (through God's eyes) from the first kingdom of Egypt all the way through to the last kingdom.

The simple fact is that "The Whore" cannot be America because she was not there when Egypt was ruling, nor when Assyria was ruling, or Medo-Persia etc.

This "Whore" Mystery Babylon, the Mother of Harlots, has been sitting on all these kingdoms since the beginning of time.

It doesn't matter how many bases the US have, they are in that same Sea that "the woman" sits upon.  She is ruling over all the kingdoms, and the US is not a kingdom, but a nation who is currently under a kingdom herself.

Thanks for the reply Sister. I appreciate your honest discourse for sure. It is my persuasion that Revelation chapters 13-18 is about the rise of “the eighth” and final empire in the last days that goes into destruction.

The seven heads are there only to give wisdom for understanding the historical rise of these empires, some of which are recorded in scripture both historically and prophetically; all having a direct correlation to the nation of Israel.

The seduction of all these empires by the false religious systems can be witnessed in scripture.

Empire 1Egypt through God’s servant Joseph was brought to a fear and reverence for the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob –

Genesis 41:38 - And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is? 39 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:  40 Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.

Genesis 45:7 - And God sent me before you to preserve you a posterity in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance.  8 So now it was not you that sent me hither, but God: and he hath made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt.

Ge 45:16 - And the fame thereof was heard in Pharaoh's house, saying, Joseph's brethren are come: and it pleased Pharaoh well, and his servants. 17 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Say unto thy brethren, This do ye; lade your beasts, and go, get you unto the land of Canaan; 18 And take your father and your households, and come unto me: and I will give you the good of the land of Egypt, and ye shall eat the fat of the land. 19 Now thou art commanded, this do ye; take you wagons out of the land of Egypt for your little ones, and for your wives, and bring your father, and come. 20 Also regard not your stuff; for the good of all the land of Egypt is yours. 21 And the children of Israel did so: and Joseph gave them wagons, according to the commandment of Pharaoh, and gave them provision for the way.

But then with time and the hardening off men’s hearts Egypt lost all its fear and reverence for the God Joseph served and all He had done in Egypt. Being again fully seduced by the mother of harlots they returned to worshipping their idols and demons, at which they also began to persecuted the people of God.

Exodus 1:8 - Now there arose up a new king over Egypt, which knew not Joseph. 9 And he said unto his people, Behold, the people of the children of Israel are more and mightier than we: 10 Come on, let us deal wisely with them; lest they multiply, and it come to pass, that, when there falleth out any war, they join also unto our enemies, and fight against us, and so get them up out of the land.

Empire 2 - Assyria at one time acknowledge the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob after they were used to punish the northern tribes for their idolatry –

II Kings 17:23 - Until the LORD removed Israel out of his sight, as he had said by all his servants the prophets. So was Israel carried away out of their own land to Assyria unto this day. 24  And the king of Assyria brought men from Babylon, and from Cuthah, and from Ava, and from Hamath, and from Sepharvaim, and placed them in the cities of Samaria instead of the children of Israel: and they possessed Samaria, and dwelt in the cities thereof. 25 And so it was at the beginning of their dwelling there, that they feared not the LORD: therefore the LORD sent lions among them, which slew some of them.  26 Wherefore they spake to the king of Assyria, saying, The nations which thou hast removed, and placed in the cities of Samaria, know not the manner of the God of the land: therefore he hath sent lions among them, and, behold, they slay them, because they know not the manner of the God of the land.  27 Then the king of Assyria commanded, saying, Carry thither one of the priests whom ye brought from thence; and let them go and dwell there, and let him teach them the manner of the God of the land. 28 Then one of the priests whom they had carried away from Samaria came and dwelt in Bethel, and taught them how they should fear the LORD.

Yet again the mother of harlots would not leave them alone, but cause the people to accept the Lord as one of many gods and the people did not fear the Lord with all their hearts, but only in like measure to their idols.

II Kings 29 - Howbeit every nation made gods of their own, and put them in the houses of the high places which the Samaritans had made, every nation in their cities wherein they dwelt. 30 And the men of Babylon made [an idol of] Succothbenoth, and the men of Cuth made [an idol of] Nergal, and the men of Hamath made [an idol of] Ashima, 31 And the Avites made [idols of] Nibhaz and Tartak, and the Sepharvites burnt their children in fire to [idols of] Adrammelech and Anammelech, the gods of Sepharvaim. 32 So they feared the LORD, and made unto themselves of the lowest of them priests of the high places, which sacrificed for them in the houses of the high places. 33 They feared the LORD, and served their own gods, after the manner of the nations whom they carried away from thence. 34 Unto this day they do after the former manners: they fear not the LORD, neither do they after their statutes, or after their ordinances, or after the law and commandment which the LORD commanded [and committed to] the children of Jacob, whom he named Israel.

Empire 3 - Babylon -  We also can see what happened to Babylon, from where Nebuchadnezzar once acknowledged the true and living God and its fall under his grandson Belshazzar.

Daniel 4:1 - Nebuchadnezzar the king, unto all people, nations, and languages, that dwell in all the earth; Peace be multiplied unto you. 2 I thought it good to shew the signs and wonders that the high God hath wrought toward me. 3 How great are His signs! and how mighty are His wonders! His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and His dominion is from generation to generation.

Then its fall through again through the seduction of this mother of harlots and all her idolatry.

Daniel 5:1 - Belshazzar the king made a great feast to a thousand of his lords, and drank wine before the thousand. 2 Belshazzar, whiles he tasted the wine, commanded to bring the golden and silver vessels which his father Nebuchadnezzar had taken out of the temple which was in Jerusalem; that the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, might drink therein. 3 Then they brought the golden vessels that were taken out of the temple of the house of God which was at Jerusalem; and the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, drank in them. 4 They drank wine, and praised the gods of gold, and of silver, of brass, of iron, of wood, and of stone.

Empire 4 -   With the Mede/Persia empire we can see through Daniel, Esther, Nehemiah and Ezra how their kings acknowledge the true God but they too ultimately fell to the harlot’s seduction again and were defeated by Alexander the Great of Greece.

Empire 5  Regarding the Greek Empire, since Alexander the Great’s entrance into the Holy Land occurred after the completion of the Old Testament books, there can be no biblical account regarding an open acknowledgement of the God of the Jews. Nevertheless, the Jewish historian Josephus records an event worthy of consideration.

The Antiquities of the Jews - Book XI, chapter VIII, paragraph 5:

“And when he (the High Priest) understood that he (Alexander the Great) was not far from the city, he went out in procession with the priests and the multitude of citizens. The procession was venerable, and the manner of it different from that of other nations… and when the Phoenicians and the Chaldeans that followed him (Alexander the Great), thought that they should have liberty to plunder the city, and torment the high priest to death, which the king’s displeasure fairly promised them, the very reverse of it happened; for Alexander, when he saw the multitude at a distance, in white garments, while the priests stood clothed in fine linen, and the high priest in purple and scarlet clothing, with his miter on his head, having the golden plate whereon the name of God was engraved, he (Alexander the Great) approached by himself, and adored that name (the name of God), and first saluted the high priest. The Jews also did altogether, with one voice, salute Alexander, and encompass him about; where upon the kings of Syria and the rest were surprised at what Alexander had done, and supposed him [to be] disordered in his mind (They thought Alexander was crazy for bowing before the High Priest). However, Parmenio alone went up to him and asked him how it came to pass that, when all others adored him, he should adore the high priest of the Jews? To whom he replied, “I did not adore him, but that G-d who hath honored him with his high-priesthood; for I saw this very person in a dream, in this very habit (high priestly garment), when I was at Dios in Macedonia, who, when I was considering with myself, how I might obtain the dominion of Asia, exhorted me to make no delay, but boldly to pass over the sea thither, for that he (God) would conduct my army, and would give me the dominion over the Persians; whence it is, that having seen no other in that habit (high priestly garment), and now seeing this person in it, and remembering that vision, and the exhortation which I had in my dream, I believe that I bring this army under the divine conduct, and shall therewith conquer Darius, and destroy the power of the Persians, and that all things will succeed according to what is in my own mind.”