IGNORED

Is there such thing as a lukewarm Christian (a Christian, not a churchgoer)?

Omegaman 3.0

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

1 minute ago, Ezra said:

Then you need some eyesalve.

It might not be me ;)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

I have been in this battle a long time, sometimes I get tired, so tired I just want to sit back and rest a little. Am I lukewarm for stepping back from the front lines?

1 hour ago, ENOCH2010 said:

I have been in this battle a long time, sometimes I get tired, so tired I just want to sit back and rest a little. Am I lukewarm for stepping back from the front lines?

It depends on what you  mean.

We can risk becoming luke warm.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

21 hours ago, Ezra said:

That is just a figure of speech.  People take it too far. What it means is that those who are not genuine Christians make Christ sick to His stomach.

Hot = genuine Christian

Cold = unbeliever

Lukewarm = false professor claiming to be Christian

How do we know that lukewarm = false professor?  Just look at the description in Rev 3:17.  Since genuine believers are clothed with the righteousness of Christ, they cannot be deemed "naked".  And the same applies to all the other terms.

At the same time "carnal" Christians may be termed "lukewarm" since they allow the flesh to control them.

20 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

Well we have a difference of interpretation here. :)

Let the Word of God do it for you then

Lev 18:28-30

28 That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.

29 For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.

30 Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the Lord your God.
KJV

Just now, enoob57 said:

Let the Word of God do it for you then

Lev 18:28-30

28 That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.

29 For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.

30 Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the Lord your God.
KJV

OK so let's look at this - those these words were spoken to those who were part of the Old Covenant, part of God's people.  So they were "in" not "out."    That only strengthens my pov, that those in Christ's mouth are genuinely His, part of the New Covenant, part of God's people, part of Christ's body, "in" not "out"  -  so it doesn't prove your pov.

On the contrary, it does quite the opposite.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

1 minute ago, thereselittleflower said:

OK so let's look at this - those these words were spoken to those who were part of the Old Covenant....

:emot-heartbeat:

And These Precious Words Of Joy Were Written By The Direct Decedent

But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. Hebrews 8:6-7

Of The Very People Who Whom These Words Were Spoken

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Jeremiah 31:31-34

And Yet There Are Some Under The New Covenant

For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. Hebrew 8:8-9

Will Cannot Believe God's Grace

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: Hebrews 8:10

Is Falling Upon Israel

And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. Hebrews 8:11-12

Go Figure~!

In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away. Hebrews 8:13

:)

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

8 hours ago, Ezra said:

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

:thumbsup:

The Horror I feel

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Revelation 3:17-19

In Our LORD's Plea Is

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. Revelation 20-21

God Is Making It Directly To The Church

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. Revelation 3:22

It's Enough To Drop A Poor Fellow To His Knees

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise. Jeremiah 17:14

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 27/02/2016 at 5:00 PM, ENOCH2010 said:

Not at all.  There were many times when they Lord took His apostles aside so that they could rest and recuperate.  So you just need some R&R, where the weather is balmy and the seas are calm.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The more I read and study the passage as a whole the more I am convinced that it is written to people who are more concerned with living their own lives than they are doing Gods work here upon the earth.  They think they are doing well because they have good lives but in truth are simply part of the problem instead of the solution.  

An interesting note about the eye slave is it comes from the word meaning glue.  Reminds me of Jesus asking Peter can't you just watch with me for an hour?  We often lose focus and can't keep our eyes on the prize.  Oh look....something shiny!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 9:57 AM, Rick_Parker said:

You don't have to go to church to on fire for the Lord, so your premise if flawed.

Points of view! It is not what we see and claim but what God sees and claims....
God looks at obedience as love so

Heb 10:25

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
KJV

by not doing this I would say God sees less love than what could be there!  Love, Steven