• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

On 2/25/2016 at 3:15 PM, Catsmeow said:

Fascinating.

:) I like to do word study's. The first word i ever studied was Hell. My reason for doing it was King James was the only bible I had read and someones bible said Sheol where mine said Hell. So I studied everywhere "Hell" was in the bible. The root "words" (several completely different words with completely different meaning were all translated to "hell"). I also studied every context around every "hell" mentioned. What I found was different then what I had been taught all my life.  In that study i came across another word that when I studied the root words and the context surrounding it everywhere it was mentioned, my understanding changed more. That word study was the word "forever". There are words translated "forever" that are actually a measurement of time with a beginning and end.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,874
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

a real trip is the word love.....    do some root word studies and original Hebrew/Greek words and it will change the way you see things.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I always find it surprising that so many christians seem to be so cool about the idea of hell, and talk about it fairly nonchalantly, even proposing wild hypothesis about people being stuck in the centre of an earth because of gravity.

I am a Christian but have quite a few issues with eternal hell as commonly thought of.

Let me ask a question. Do children go to hell? If not, why not and at what age would someone be 'accountable'?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Just a gentle reminder before you all go off on word study tangents etc. This part of the forums has a specific purpose:

"The purpose of the Seeker's Forum is strictly for the preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The goal here is that guests can come to Worthy, read the forums, and ask questions about the Lord in Seeker's . . ."

It is not intended for regular chatters to just come along and start/pursue topics about 'whatever'. There are plenty of other areas for that.  -Thanks

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.94

6 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Just a gentle reminder before you all go off on word study tangents etc. This part of the forums has a specific purpose:

"The purpose of the Seeker's Forum is strictly for the preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The goal here is that guests can come to Worthy, read the forums, and ask questions about the Lord in Seeker's . . ."

It is not intended for regular chatters to just come along and start/pursue topics about 'whatever'. There are plenty of other areas for that.  -Thanks

Thank you for reminding of our sensibilities. A word well spoken. Thanks.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

18 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Am I right in thinking then that If that is the case, then this thread should not have started as it is not a question.

But if someone does post a scripture, is not right to discuss the meaning of it for others to read? Or should it be removed?

• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

3 hours ago, Gus said:

Am I right in thinking then that If that is the case, then this thread should not have started as it is not a question.

But if someone does post a scripture, is not right to discuss the meaning of it for others to read? Or should it be removed?

My basic understanding, right or wrong, is that yes, in reality this thread would not have been started. To me, it is a place for those who are not (yet at least) beleivers to come, and feel free to ask questions, and the the topic here is supposed to be about directing people to the truth and meaning of the gospel.

When the post was first made, I hesitated to allow it to remain. The thing is, I do not want to be an extreme legalist (about forum rules) and see those rules primarily, as a way to maintain some order and civility. I guess you would say, that sometimes I (and likely other administrators) exercise some discretion in their stringent application.

In the most basic sense, this area of the forum is an outreach, a hope of helping others understands the faith, once for all delivered to the saints, in the hope that they also, will one day be recognized as part of God's family. Sometimes starts with just opening a dialogue in a non-threatening, non-adversarial manner.

In that light, when Catsmeow started the thread, I saw a person with a heart for the lost reaching out, making an ovation, an invitation to the un-reached to come and 'rap'. Her first post, lays out a future, one with grave potential consequences, her second post, offers to talk about it. That seems to me to be in the spirit or goal of this forum area, so, while not really in keeping with how it was intended to be used, I let it slide.

However, it began to morph into an in-house discussion of topics that really belong in other parts of the forum, so I tightened the reigns a little, that is all.

Certainly verses can be read, discussed, explained, etc, but there are specific places exactly for that already. Often when discussions develop out of place, they just get relocated to the proper area.

It was my thinking, that going from an evangelistic outreach to word studies in original languages, on other topics, was just losing focus, and the people who should have been respondint to Cat's posts, are unbelievers. This area of the forums, is really about them!

• Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Praying~!