IGNORED

House of Israel House of Judah

JohnD

6 hours ago, Qnts2 said:

You don't have to follow Zionist doctrine but to me your reasoning is very strange. Some of the children of Israel accept the New Covenant. Just as some of every group of people have accepted the New Covenant.

Their rulers reject it though. Many nations have come to Christ. Though some seem to be falling away. Israel is loved for the sake of the fathers though. And the worldly covenant of Gen 15 is still in effect for them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, Joline said:

Their rulers reject it though. Many nations have come to Christ. Though some seem to be falling away. Israel is loved for the sake of the fathers though. And the worldly covenant of Gen 15 is still in effect for them.

There are no nations which have come to Jesus. There are individuals from almost all nations but no nations.

3 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

There are no nations which have come to Jesus. There are individuals from almost all nations but no nations.

When the roman Empire spread the gospel, it spread to rulers. So yes, nations did come to Christ

9 minutes ago, Joline said:

When the roman Empire spread the gospel, it spread to rulers. So yes, nations did come to Christ

Sorry, but nation means a people group. The people who were living in the Roman empire, was made up of people of many differing nations. The nation did not accept Jesus.

And I am not sure any of the rulers actually accepted Jesus, but did so for convenience. A claim of being a Christian for convenience or power, or other advantage is not a true Christian. And a forced conversion is no conversion at all. 

4 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

Sorry, but nation means a people group. The people who were living in the Roman empire, was made up of people of many differing nations. The nation did not accept Jesus.

And I am not sure any of the rulers actually accepted Jesus, but did so for convenience. A claim of being a Christian for convenience or power, or other advantage is not a true Christian. And a forced conversion is no conversion at all. 

I do not think their geneology has anything to do with being a nation. Rome was made up of many ethnic groups. Rulers accepting the Gospel, is what I am talking about Qts. So why you speak of convenience and forced conversions etc. makes no difference.

33 minutes ago, Joline said:

I do not think their geneology has anything to do with being a nation. Rome was made up of many ethnic groups. Rulers accepting the Gospel, is what I am talking about Qts. So why you speak of convenience and forced conversions etc. makes no difference.

The biblical term 'nation' comes from the Hebrew word, Goy. Goy, which is translated as nation, means a people group or ethnic group. Not a country or an empire.

Various countries have had rulers who claimed to be Christian, or were actually born again Christians. That does not make the country or empire a Christian nation. It simply means the ruler might have been a Christian.

Stephen Harper was the Prime Minister of Canada from 2006 to 2015. Stephen Harper was a born again Christian and a member of a Christian and Missionary Alliance church. In my opinion he was a great prime minister. But, that does not mean that while Harper was the Prime Minister, Canada was a Christian country, or when Harper was voted out of office, Canada ceased to be a Christian country because Harper lost the election.

3 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

The biblical term 'nation' comes from the Hebrew word, Goy. Goy, which is translated as nation, means a people group or ethnic group. Not a country or an empire.

Various countries have had rulers who claimed to be Christian, or were actually born again Christians. That does not make the country or empire a Christian nation. It simply means the ruler might have been a Christian.

Stephen Harper was the Prime Minister of Canada from 2006 to 2015. Stephen Harper was a born again Christian and a member of a Christian and Missionary Alliance church. In my opinion he was a great prime minister. But, that does not mean that while Harper was the Prime Minister, Canada was a Christian country, or when Harper was voted out of office, Canada ceased to be a Christian country because Harper lost the election.

Rome was an empire with CITIZENS, and non citizens alike. The roman rulers accepted Christianity. It does not matter if all the people did or did not. Then spread abroad to other nations. Now if you choose to see Rome as a nation (empire) which ruled over many other nations so be it. It is just as good. As I said, many nations had already accepted the gospel, some appear to be falling away from it. Canada included, long before 2006.

Just now, Joline said:

Rome was an empire with CITIZENS, and non citizens alike. The roman rulers accepted Christianity. It does not matter if all the people did or did not. Then spread abroad to other nations. Now if you choose to see Rome as a nation (empire) which ruled over many other nations so be it. It is just as good. As I said, many nations had already accepted the gospel, some appear to be falling away from it. Canada included, long before 2006.

Believe what you like. I just do not believe what you are saying is correct or biblical.

23 hours ago, JohnD said:

These distinctions have to be made otherwise replacement theology would be true (and it's not).

The physical Jew is the elect / chosen of this world.

The spirit Jew is the elect chosen of the heaven-earth to come.

I think flesh (physical) is flesh. Spirit is spirit.

There is no replacement theology, as the Church is a spiritual entity. This world is not our citizenship.

8 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

Believe what you like. I just do not believe what you are saying is correct or biblical.

Ditto, we will just have to agree to disagree.