Goldenshark123

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Just before you tell me this should be in another section, I can't post in those yet so please bear with me.

I have some questions for you guys.

Do you think evolution is true? If not why not?

Should a killer who truthfully repents be allowed into heaven?

Should a kindhearted atheist or person of another faith be allowed into heaven?

If a person you care about is ill (and I hope that never happens) would you just pray for them or would you take them to a doctor? If you say you'd do both, then which do you think would have more effect?

Would you be happy in heaven, if somebody you loved was in hell?

Who's prayers does god answer? And if it's ultimately his will what happens anyway, then why bother praying?

If god spoke to you and told you to kill somebody, would you do it?

Is god always watching you? How about when you're on the toilet?

If Christianity was proven wrong, what would you're reaction be?

Why has so much of the bible been proven wrong, like the flat Earth theory?

Is the bible literally true, or just morally

It is not at all my intention to offend anyone, and I apologise if I did. I simply wondered what your answers would be. Thanks again and have a nice day

Edited by Goldenshark123

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Goldenshark, I think you have quite a list of reasonable questions there, and I like that you were able to ask them respectfully. I have move your questions to a more appropriate topic area, and will momentarily adjust your privileges to allow you wider access. Welcome to Worthy, I hope you enjoy your time among us. I will let the members here respond as they see fit.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

No. Because it contradicts the Bible.

Absolutely.

Only if they have been born again.

If a person you care about is ill (and I hope that never happens) would you just pray for them or would you take them to a doctor? If you say you'd do both, then which do you think would have more effect?

Both. God uses doctors, so however God chooses to deal with it.

Speculative.

Who's prayers does god answer? And if it's ultimately his will what happens anyway, then why bother praying?

God answers the prayers of Christians, and prayers are necessary regardless of what God wills in each situation.

That would not be God speaking, probably the Devil, therefore “No”.

All the time, regardless of location.

Speculative.

The flat earth theory was human misunderstanding, not biblical error.

Is the bible literally true, or just morally.

The Bible is literally true in every matter of which it speaks, physical, moral, spiritual, historical, etc.

• Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

9 hours ago, Goldenshark123 said:

:emot-heartbeat:

The Sin

Of sin, because they believe not on me; John 16:9

And The Heart Of The Sinner

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death. Proverbs 8:36

And Beloved,

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

I Pray You Will Understand

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Corinthians 5:20-21

Love, Joe

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Content Count:  39

Thanks for your interesting answers, I may post some more questions soon

• Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

12 hours ago, Butero said:

3  Should a kindhearted atheist or person of another faith be allowed into heaven?  No.  Heaven is reserved for followers of Christ.  Would I personally send them to hell for eternity?  I wouldn't, but that is because I am a fellow human being and see things from that perspective.  God's ways are not my ways.

:thumbsup:

Amen~!

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Beloved, Because A Sinner Already Has The Wrath Of God Upon Him

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

Without The Precious Blood Of Jesus

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 1:5

He Will Just Continue With

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

His Slide Into

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Perdition

Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it. And the mean man shall be brought down, and the mighty man shall be humbled, and the eyes of the lofty shall be humbled:

But the LORD of hosts shall be exalted in judgment, and God that is holy shall be sanctified in righteousness.
Isaiah 5:14-16

Love, Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 2/25/2016 at 3:18 PM, Goldenshark123 said:

Just before you tell me this should be in another section, I can't post in those yet so please bear with me.

1. Do you think evolution is true?

2. If not why not?

3. Should a killer who truthfully repents be allowed into heaven?

4. Should a kindhearted atheist or person of another faith be allowed into heaven?

5. If a person you care about is ill (and I hope that never happens) would you just pray for them or would you take them to a doctor? If you say you'd do both, then which do you think would have more effect?

6. Would you be happy in heaven, if somebody you loved was in hell?

7. Who's prayers does god answer?

8. And if it's ultimately his will what happens anyway, then why bother praying?

9. If god spoke to you and told you to kill somebody, would you do it?

10. Is god always watching you?

11. How about when you're on the toilet?

12. If Christianity was proven wrong, what would you're reaction be?

13. Why has so much of the bible been proven wrong, like the flat Earth theory?

14. Is the bible literally true, or just morally

It is not at all my intention to offend anyone, and I apologise if I did. I simply wondered what your answers would be. Thanks again and have a nice day

1. no

2. some thing evolved somethings were created. look at genesis creation account there are 2 words used. Create and made. look at definitions of the 2 hebrew words used.

3. depends if he repents and receives the Spirit that raised Christ from the dead.

4. no (they don't have eternal seed in them so they can't go beyond the grave)

5. I would pray and take them to a dr. 5b. depends on the Lords mercy and number of days for that person.

6. I don't really believe in Catholic hell. if you study that out there are several different words all translated to hell.

7. He answers prayers that are prayed unselfishly from a person with clean hands and a pure heart. We often want comfort or control but the Lord is trying to save souls.

8. When we pray he makes His will known to us. He keeps His word and when we do what he asks He does what he's promised.

9. He wouldn't tell me to do that. I know because I know His word. 

10. Not as your implying. 

11. that is so immature

12. It won't be proven wrong the Lord has already proved Himself to me.

13. rev 7:1?  The greek acceptance of 4 corners of the earth is to the North, South East and West.  A literal translation of Job 26:10 is “He described a circle upon the face of the waters, until the day and night come to an end.” A spherical earth is also described in Isaiah 40:21-22—“the circle of the earth.”

14. The prophet did not speak by their own interpretation but the word was given by God.  Translations do have some errors.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

Do you think evolution is true? If not why not? It's a fairy tale.

Should a killer who truthfully repents be allowed into heaven? I don't think so, but I'm not God.

Should a kindhearted atheist or person of another faith be allowed into heaven? Yes.

If a person you care about is ill (and I hope that never happens) would you just pray for them or would you take them to a doctor? If you say you'd do both, then which do you think would have more effect? Both. The doctor has God given knowledge.

Would you be happy in heaven, if somebody you loved was in hell? No, I'd rather die.

Who's prayers does God answer? And if it's ultimately his will what happens anyway, then why bother praying? Because if you don't pray, you won't get anything.

If God spoke to you and told you to kill somebody, would you do it? I'd tell Him to do it Himself.

Is God always watching you? How about when you're on the toilet? If I don't feel comfortable about Him watching me He won't. He respects my feelings and personal space.

If Christianity was proven wrong, what would you're reaction be? Apologize for being an idiot, and then kill them, because love doesn't exist.

Why has so much of the bible been proven wrong, like the flat Earth theory? Because people are mental and can't read.

Is the bible literally true, or just morally? The Bible is a library or 66 books covering all aspects of language and learning.

It is not at all my intention to offend anyone, and I apologise if I did. I simply wondered what your answers would be. Thanks again and have a nice day. You're welcome. :cool2:

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  35

I have to answer in here as still a noob to the site myself :)

It is a theory, it is not proven.  Before I was a Christian I could not understand how evolution could really be true. Too many chances and odds and doesnt explain love, art, morality, purpsoe, family, destiny etc etc.

A more interesting question would be if a killer murders someone, and by their actions sends that person to hell, and then that same killer repents and goes to heaven, is that justice?

I believe God will draw all men to him in his timing.

Faith in healing isn't something that can just be given. The person who needs the healing is the one who seeks it. It's also for the individual to decide such things but you should go to the doctor's in the first instance to get a diagnosis.

No. Nobody would. Which is one reason I do not believe in eternal hell.

All prays but they may not be answered the way we always want. His ultimate plan yes, but that doesn mean we cannot influence what happends in the here and now.

God would not ask you to do that.

Yes, so make sure you wipe your bum properly, don't block to the toilet with lots of paper and clean your hands afterwards :)  

It won't, so I won't worry about that

Where does it say the earth is flat in the bible? It doesn't, its one of those things atheists like to say that is simply false.

The bible is made up to true events, poems, parables, dreams and prohesy. Not all of it is literal then.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  17

On 25.2.2016 at 10:18 PM, Goldenshark123 said:

Wow that are a lot of questions. Well first of all you should ask yourself why you are asking a christian such questions. I'm just saying, because most Atheists already answered them believeng their answer is the only existing possibility. So they ask those questions without a serious intention. If you're searching for truth and if you are open to admit that even an Atheist may be wrong about God, I'll be happy to answer your questions as good as I can. 

Well that's a big topic. First, christians or other religious guys are not the only ones doubting the evolution theory. While it is common to be taught in schools, there is a inconsistency in the universaties. Arguments from Richard Dawkins like "all smart people who are working in the scientific community agree about the evolution theory" resulted in some uprising professors of biology, geology, physiks and other fields connected to the evolution theory, who do not support it and it is not because of their faith. I just want to make the point that the whole debate about the evolution theory is not a debate between Christians and Professors, but a debate within the scientific community. I'll still give you my personal doubts about the evolution theory.If you are talking about the evolution theory I guess you mean the complete history from the Big Bang til today. So let's start at the beginning. I just realized that people who are trying to explain the Beginning of the universe and it's further development can't explain the key turning points of their own theory.

Let's start with the Bib Bang itself. 14 billion years ago the whole universe was condensed in a sphere a thousand times smaller than a pinhead, which was spinning and became hotter until it exploded. And that's how the universe came into existence. That's how a professor of physics explained it to me. When we are talking about the universe, we are talking about time space and matter. And when we are trying to explain how time space and matter came into existence there is a major error in the previous explanation. A sphere a thousand times smaller than a pinhead (space), including the whole universe (matter) which is spinning (time) and heating up, already exists in the rules of time space and matter. Therefore is hasn't explained anything.

Another key element of the evolution theory is that at one point in time dead matter became somehow alive. "Somehow" is the only explanation I've got so far and it's not a really satisfying one. There is also a major debate going on about how morality came into existence. You may want to check out a few Debates with William Lane Craig. He also wrote a book called "Reasonable Faith". There's a website with the same name as well. He is debating a lot about the existence of God and other topics that may interest you.

Last comes the theory about macro evolution. It's one kind of animal evolving to a different kind of animal. While micro evolution is proven to exist, macro evolution isn't. Also micro evolution is not proving macro evolution. At this point scientists are relying on the fossil record and with it the C14 method. The C14 method is doubted and rarely proven to work. And why on earth would a serious scientist trust in a method that doesn't seem to work as it should. Here's an article on the C14 method.

http://www.icr.org/article/doesnt-carbon-dating-prove-earth-old/

Without C14 we still have the stone layers, where the fossils are found, right? Well, the age of these layers were randomly defined and I give you another hint here. There are petrified trees found going vertical through various layers. You don't want to tell me that the bottom of the tree is 200 Million years older than the top of the tree, do you? Well I can be sceptic aboud God and there are reasons for that. But I can be sceptic about the evolution theory as well (not because I'm a christian).

Before I'll answer your following questions I'll give you a brief overview about what christians actually believe.

Every human being is a sinner. I'm sinful and do bad things that I should not do, and so are you. Well, God created me with a free will, so that I can choose to believe in him or not. I can choose to kill the most righteous human alive or I can choose not to hurt myself and others. Unfortunately everybody is tempted to choose what he thinks is best for him, even if that means damaging someone else. It doesn't matter if you're a killer or a just a liar, you need forgiveness. And that is exactly what God is offering you. Now it's your turn to say: "yes I'll take the forgiveness and be without sin and at the same time turn away from sin" or I can say: "no, I don't want God's forgiveness" Well, it's that easy to go to heaven. 

Guess what. Everybody is allowed into heaven, because God is offering everybody the same: FORGIVENESS ... The question is: Do you accept it? There is a theological debate going on wether you can accept God's forgiveness after you died, or not. Well and one of the points in that debate is: "What about those people who never heard about God?"... The bible is not exactly clear about that but it doesn't have to be clear because God says he's just and fair and offering everyone forgiveness. How that exactly works is indeed debatable.

When I pray, I pray that God's will be done and not mine. My heart and my desires can be wicked, but If there is a God who knows everything, he probably also knows what's best for me and others. I'd take a sick person to the doctor, but if God decides that this person shall die I don't think there's anything the doctor could do about it. 

Would I personaly cry or feel happy when I'm in heaven and someone I loved was in hell? I honestly don't know, because I haven't been in that situation yet. 

God himself is crying about everyone who's turning away from him. Salvation is so simple as I've already mentioned, but still not everybody realises that. God is accepting your desicion. He is not forcing you to accept forgiveness.

Well, I certanly want to know what God's will is. He has a plan for my life. The alternative is following what I think is best for me. I tried that figuring out that it hurts me and others more than just trusting in God. He's been guiding me miraculously and sor far I've only benefited. So yes, praying is less about my will but God's will. It is not ultimately what happens in my life. God knows what happens in my life. But I still decide if I want to follow God or not. 

Well if God spoke to me about killing someone I would immediately know that it's not God speaking to me. There's also a difference between the old and the new testament. In the old testament God did give such commands. You have to read the context carefully. God loves his people and he is even calling Israel his Bride in the old testament. Now here a picture for you. If a really bad guy would hold a gun to the head of a person you really love, and you have a gun in your hand pointing at the bad guy, would you kill the bad guy in order to save the person you love. Well God did pull the trigger in the old testament a few times to save his "Bride". Now in the new testament he promised to never give such commands again.

Well I don't think God is sexually attracted by watching me sitting on the toilett. But yeah, He is!

It has to be proven wrong before I can answer this question.

Even if the church at some point believed that the earth is flat, this nowhere to be found in the bible. You got to come up with something else. Also please check where this theory came from. You'll be suprised. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth

Is the bible literally true, or just morally.

Both! One does not exclude the other. I can teach you morality by giving you a parable and I can teach you about morality with a true story. Now your question probably contains the miracles written in the bible, like God parting the red Sea or Jesus turing water into wine etc. If God is almighty and not restricted to time space and matter why should he not be able to do such things. Who decides what is to be taken literally? Well, the bible does! The bible makes it quite clear about that.

No offence taken. Again if you are really interested in the topic you should look up William Lane Craig, visit his homepage http://www.reasonablefaith.org/ and maybe get hands on his book "Reasonable Faith". English is not my native Language, so I'm sorry for spelling mistakes or bad grammar. If you want more material, feel free to contact me. I'm not the smartest kid on the planet but I may be able to give you a couple more links to check out.

Have a nice day!

Edited by Sören Hoffmann