• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1973

1 hour ago, Sören Hoffmann said:

Christians are not automatically free from any addictions.

bravo!

Jesus told - I AM WAY.. that means step.. step.. step...

Jesus told - Father cleans every branch... that means - IN TIME

Paul told - to GROW Holy temple for Gods Spirit - that means.. IN TIME

13 hours ago, suray2 said:

I have someone in my family that is an alcoholic and I love very much.

Jesus did show me dream about this.

For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.

I had dream once. I saw a classroom. Near desk did stand Jesus, He did write something on the desk and discuss that with students. When i looked around, i saw (i dont remember all, but i wrote up those, who amazed me most)
a punk, that was all in skinned clothes, ironed and with haircut like they have usually, holding hes feet on the table.
a drunk man, bad smelling and dirty clothes
i did stand somewhere behind in the classroom, that i saw most people there.One young man did stand next to Jesus and they were arguing about what Jesus wrote on the desk.
Jesus told him something, then all class, including that man and Jesus laugh.
Suddenly door did open and there was a man - christian, who wanted to come into classroom.
He looked inside and saw all those people. He was in the nice suit, clean and did hold Bible in the hand. Then he made a face, that means - what a disgusting people and closed door.

Jesus turned to me and say
Matthew 9 - 13 ... I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Jesus had no problem  eat with sinners, sit next to them, sleep in they houses..... 

And when the Pharisees saw this, they said to his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?” Matthew 9:11

but 

matthew 16:6 Jesus said to them, “Watch out and be on your guard for the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees

pharisee - a member of an ancient Jewish sect, distinguished by strict observance of the traditional and written law, and commonly held to have pretensions to superior sanctity.

Sadducee - a member of a Jewish sect or party of the time of Christ that denied the resurrection of the dead, the existence of spirits, and the obligation of oral tradition, emphasizing acceptance of the written Law alone.

shortly - beware of people, who know well Bible, but deny Jesus and work of Holy Spirit.

we cant see man's heart. how can we judge then?

He see. if you are worried about someone in your family - pray for him.

can alcoholic be christian? YES!

can he stay alcoholic then? - NO, its.. not wise and not healthy.  thats why i told "bravo" to Soren - you see, cleaning takes time. everything IN THIS WORLD TAKES TIME,  even miracles... cause even blink of eye have ... time.. 0.0...1 second.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Thank you so much for all your replies.  I have read them all, and each reply resonates with what I feel.  This person I'm speaking of is my brother.  Many, many prayers have gone up for him and he is starting to talk some to me of the Lord, and I see results of the drinking less and less.  The thing is we were very close as children and actually accepted the Lord in the same year (at least I thought so, we don't know someone's heart, only God does).  He was extremely shy, and I think once he saw how alcohol made him more comfortable around people, he used more and more.  Then just a downward spiral for years and years.  Total personality change.  Addictions make you so selfish.  I just became confused when I heard the preacher adamantly say that in the church service.  Thank all of you again, so much.  You are a wonderful group of people with the truth of Jesus Christ.  It feels good to be able to come to community with questions, concerns, and testimony that is heartfelt.  God bless you all.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

You may think you are a Christian being a alcoholic. But remember Jesus tells you in John 3 "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of god unless they are born again". To become born again you must turn from your sinful nature "STOP" and repent, so that the grace from god will come upon you to become born of the spirit. Now if you are born again and become a alcoholic, you will backslide into your sinful lifestyle and could loose the grace that god put upon you. Basically your name will be removed from the book of life. Jesus tells you that any liquor except wine is sinful and getting drunk is a sin.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I wasn't saved for 33 years of my life when I drank. Even though I went to church and still believed.  But once I stopped and quit with my other sins, is when I became born again. I even got the nail marks on my feet when I became born again. And they haven't gone away. Jesus told me many things that I was doing wrong.

feet.JPG

Edited by Cgr

4 hours ago, Cgr said:

You may think you are a Christian being a alcoholic. But remember Jesus tells you in John 3 "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of god unless they are born again". To become born again you must turn from your sinful nature "STOP" and repent, so that the grace from god will come upon you to become born of the spirit. Now if you are born again and become a alcoholic, you will backslide into your sinful lifestyle and could loose the grace that god put upon you. Basically your name will be removed from the book of life. Jesus tells you that any liquor except wine is sinful and getting drunk is a sin.

That is so not true. To repent means to change one's mind, that we need a Savior and that we cannot save ourselves. Once our names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life, it can never be removed. GOD has promised that!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

4 hours ago, Cgr said:
11 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

That is so not true. To repent means to change one's mind, that we need a Savior and that we cannot save ourselves. Once our names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life, it can never be removed. GOD has promised that!

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved, Have A Little

Return, ye backsliding children, and I will heal your backslidings. Behold, we come unto thee; for thou art the LORD our God. Jeremiah 3:22

Faith

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Philippians 2:13

And It Would Be Unwise To Refuse Jesus

But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom. Mark 26:29

IMO

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

20 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

Once again, we are saved by what we believe, not how we behave.

Yes, as I heard it put, God meets us where were at but He refuses to leave us there.  Once saved we should be as Christ.  When we become a submitted vessel Jesus can be Himself through us.  Praise Him for His Mercy and Grace.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Jesus came to heal the sick and afflicted. We are all sinners and in need of His healing. Jesus can heal alcoholics, just like He can heal anyone. The alcoholic needs to open his heart, however...to receive Jesus's invitation of love. But, the interesting thing is, even if he doesn't...Jesus loves us enough to chase us. I was an atheist, and He never left me, and so I know that He never leaves anyone. An alcoholic might be struggling with things that no one knows about, and has an addiction that he/she prays to God about, every single night. So, no one should judge another person's walk with Christ...for, we don't know the battles they are dealing with, nor do we know how often he/she comes to Christ in prayer with their struggles.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Can an alcoholic be a Christian?  If a Christian is defined as a follower of Jesus, then anyone who is in bondage to this world can follow Jesus.  The sins in our lives hurt us more than anything else.  Our sins prevent us from connecting with God as He wants connection.  If someone is addicted to alcohol and he is making progress to overcome the alcoholism, then his heart has a real love for the Lord, more so than for the alcohol which is a physical addiction.  Do we have to become perfect before we can follow Jesus, or is it that our Lord is at work perfecting us with daily little steps?  If we confess our daily sins before Him, He is faithful to forgive us our sins.  The purpose of this forgiveness is to set us free to hopefully move closer in our hearts toward our Creator who created us not for destruction, but for life.  So, look to what progress you are making and don't get utterly discouraged when you fall.  Everyday has a new beginning with God, a fresh new start with Him, that you might become the loving person that is His design for all of us.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

15 hours ago, suray2 said:

Thank you so much for all your replies.  I have read them all, and each reply resonates with what I feel.  This person I'm speaking of is my brother.  Many, many prayers have gone up for him and he is starting to talk some to me of the Lord, and I see results of the drinking less and less.  The thing is we were very close as children and actually accepted the Lord in the same year (at least I thought so, we don't know someone's heart, only God does).  He was extremely shy, and I think once he saw how alcohol made him more comfortable around people, he used more and more.  Then just a downward spiral for years and years.  Total personality change.  Addictions make you so selfish.  I just became confused when I heard the preacher adamantly say that in the church service.  Thank all of you again, so much.  You are a wonderful group of people with the truth of Jesus Christ.  It feels good to be able to come to community with questions, concerns, and testimony that is heartfelt.  God bless you all.

We also have a chat room you might like to visit too. That way we can talk one on one.