Zemke

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

Fifteen years ago I heard a teacher being straight forward about sexual abuse in the chatholic church leadership. He said either the church demand accountability and judge this or the world will and bring shame to the Gospel just like the money preachers. Well the best picture award went to "Spotlight" The holiwood production of the Boston uncovering of the sick perverts hidden in the Catholic church. The original reporters who investigated this said it was spot on in its' depiction.

Thousands of childrens lives messed up while the church protected these people.

Who cares what the Pope is saying, what he should say is we are letting priests marry, we are getting rid of the pagan practice and doctrine of demons keeping them from marriage. 

But who could ever expect the Vatican to start understanding the scriptures?

Interesting the board is silent about this today, unless a thread has already been started.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

First off, there have been many posts concerning the catholic church, but let me point something out, some of your generalizations, are not true. Yes, there are many cases of priests sexually abusing kids and commiting other sexual crimes, but, not ALL priests do, a great many of them do not. There are many many, pure priests who do hold themselves abstinant. There are just as many protestent preachers-who commmit sexual sin, as there are catholic priets. my grandparents church, had a pastor with them for many man years-who was by all accounts happily married with kids-the wife even thought they were happy, no problems to speak of-until one day the preacher, with no warning whatsoever, up and left her, the kids, and the church, and ran off with the church secretary, without even so much as saying goodbye.

So before we get into a "catholic bashing fest" because the catholic church has some priests who have fallen into sin, remember, we have ALL fallen into sin at some point or another.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

So before we get into a "catholic bashing fest" because the catholic church has some priests who have fallen into sin, remember, we have ALL fallen into sin at some point or another.

and all denominations have had preachers and priests who have fallen in the same way.    There just happen to be a lot more Catholics in the world than other denominations.

4 minutes ago, other one said:

and all denominations have had preachers and priests who have fallen in the same way.    There just happen to be a lot more Catholics in the world than other denominations.

very true.  And im not saying the priests are right or wrong to abstain-either way. Im just saying lets not group them all into a bad group because a few bad apples. To my knowledge, the apostle Paul never married either.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I think we have more problems on Worthy when we point fingers. I think some of the most abused threads are towards the RCC. All of us have our own opinions.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 minute ago, bopeep1909 said:

I think we have more problems on Worthy when we point fingers. I think some of the most abused threads are towards the RCC. All of us have our own opinions.

I'll remind you of that Peep.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

7 minutes ago, other one said:

I'll remind you of that Peep.

Please do oo. We all can use a little reminder once in awhile :) But it is hypocritical judgment and pointing fingers that we really need to look at. Not all judgment is Biblically wrong.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Zemke said:

Who cares what the Pope is saying, what he should say is we are letting priests marry, we are getting rid of the pagan practice and doctrine of demons keeping them from marriage. 

Zemke,

You are quite correct. "Forbidding to marry", according to Scripture, is a doctrine of demons (just like "commanding to abstain from meats").  It is a pagan practice, and it has done tremendous harm to hundreds (possibly thousands) of people down through the ages.  And there is no question that the RCC has covered up the crimes of their clergy for a very long time.  Even today this issue is not being dealt with as it should.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

First off, there have been many posts concerning the catholic church, but let me point something out, some of your generalizations, are not true. Yes, there are many cases of priests sexually abusing kids and commiting other sexual crimes, but, not ALL priests do, a great many of them do not. There are many many, pure priests who do hold themselves abstinant. There are just as many protestent preachers-who commmit sexual sin, as there are catholic priets. my grandparents church, had a pastor with them for many man years-who was by all accounts happily married with kids-the wife even thought they were happy, no problems to speak of-until one day the preacher, with no warning whatsoever, up and left her, the kids, and the church, and ran off with the church secretary, without even so much as saying goodbye.

First off what was generalized? Before you bash my thread you should be less general.

2 minutes ago, Zemke said:

First off what was generalized? Before you bash my thread you should be less general.

your entire thread, was geared toward bashing the catholic church-the "thousands of kids abused" those were your words. That number, unless your comparing the last century or two, was likely completly fabricated. Your entire post, implied that thousands of children are abused by the leadership because the leaders arnt allowed to get married and have sex. Which, is pretty much, completly, untrue. There are many religions that teach abstinance-and dont abuse kids. There are probably 10 non catholics who are child abusers (many even married) for every single catholic that is. Your entire post, was geared, unfairly, towards attacking the catholic church.