Zemke

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

The southern kingdom of Juda had become worse than the northern kingdom and even to the point of being worse than the world. They were accused of being like a harlot that would pay a john to sleep with her. It's one thing to say "we all sin" or "who would cast the first stone?". This is leadership in the church.  Any leader that divorces his wife and marries another can sit in a pew but no longer is fit for leadership. period. Just because other denominations practice these things does not make it right. We are slipping further and further into unrighteousness and the world will be judging us very soon. Judgement first comes to the house of God.

This is so obvious as a wrong and to have a passive "well we all sin" attitude is a problem. Jude speaks of hating the garment even spotted with the flesh and pulling your brother out of the fire as an attitude toward sin but it's spoken in the context of love. We are all sinners but this is a very specific case and no room to wiggle at all. This needs to be delt with or it will go very bad for the whole of the church.

2 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

your entire thread, was geared toward bashing the catholic church-the "thousands of kids abused" those were your words. That number, unless your comparing the last century or two, was likely completly fabricated. Your entire post, implied that thousands of children are abused by the leadership because the leaders arnt allowed to get married and have sex. Which, is pretty much, completly, untrue. There are many religions that teach abstinance-and dont abuse kids. There are probably 10 non catholics who are child abusers (many even married) for every single catholic that is. Your entire post, was geared, unfairly, towards attacking the catholic church.

This is not true

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Well, you have yet, to show me otherwise. If your post had been abstenence from marriage isn't biblical, and here are a couple places that teach it, thalen ID believe you-but your entire post is about Catholic Church, and how they are teaching this and how its responsible for "thousands" of kids being abused.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I"m not a Catholic so it's their rules.  I too think priests should be allowed to marry.  I have never understood why they made up that rule.  And maybe they are right if priests were allowed to marry we would not have this problem.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Pope Benedict changed the protocol for men entering seminary.... There are psychological evaluations from what I've read now, that will screen out those that could be a potential liability if they became part of the clergy. I thought this was a great thing he did when he was Pope, because if one wishes to lead a chaste and celibate life forever, such a person needs to really be evaluated if they are entirely mentally capable of such an endeavor, and to make sure that they are entering the seminary for the right reasons. I think back say 50-60 + years ago, men who had an interest in entering the seminary, simply weren't screened like that. 

On another note...If the clergy could get married, I think it would also be helpful because they'd be more able to counsel married couples. I still find much beauty within the RCC, but it's also an organization in desperate need of serious reform. I just can't see myself ever returning to practicing Catholicism but understand why people do follow it. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

6 hours ago, bopeep1909 said:

I think we have more problems on Worthy when we point fingers. I think some of the most abused threads are towards the RCC. All of us have our own opinions.

Right is right, and wrong is wrong. This issue is not about opinions but about sordid facts. The RCC has never dealt with this issue properly, even until very recently.

1 hour ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

Well, you have yet, to show me otherwise. If your post had been abstenence from marriage isn't biblical, and here are a couple places that teach it, thalen ID believe you-but your entire post is about Catholic Church, and how they are teaching this and how its responsible for "thousands" of kids being abused.

Priests have been caught molesting children and the institution proven to have covered it up and protected the perverts instead of the children and what you chose to do is shoot at a message. I need to show you nothing patriot, your tactic of debate is a message board norm. If this were upper management of a corporation covering up this activity I think the tone would be different. Boycotts and pink slips and maybe just maybe they could restructure and save the business and not be attacked and dismantled across the globe.

I find it strange, our reaction to all this. As I wrote earlier it would seem that the righteousness of the world had exceeded the righteousness of Juda, what prostitute would be so sick as to pay someone to come into her and sleep with her? I really think we think ourselves way beyond what we are. And why we fall into sin, simple pride. This should sink deep into our bellies and provoke us to repentance and call it what it is. I'll have nothing to do with that institution for the simple sake of preserving what little stance and strength I have in the Lord.

This is not a grey area.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

2 minutes ago, Zemke said:

I find it strange, our reaction to all this.

Non-Catholics are become more and more "politically correct" about the church of Rome, and many evangelicals are now joining hands with Rome.  So instead of calling a spade a spade, they would like you to consider the evils of all the other non-Catholic clergy (which diverts attention from something that is a very serious sin against innocents).

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Just now, Zemke said:

Priests have been caught molesting children and the institution proven to have covered it up and protected the perverts instead of the children and what you chose to do is shoot at a message. I need to show you nothing patriot, your tactic of debate is a message board norm. If this were upper management of a corporation covering up this activity I think the tone would be different. Boycotts and pink slips and maybe just maybe they could restructure and save the business and not be attacked and dismantled across the globe.

I find it strange, our reaction to all this. As I wrote earlier it would seem that the righteousness of the world had exceeded the righteousness of Juda, what prostitute would be so sick as to pay someone to come into her and sleep with her? I really think we think ourselves way beyond what we are. And why we fall into sin, simple pride. This should sink deep into our bellies and provoke us to repentance and call it what it is. I'll have nothing to do with that institution for the simple sake of preserving what little stance and strength I have in the Lord.

This is not a grey area.

Im not denying that, but it has nothing to do with the church teachings on abstinence. Im not saying that abstinence is a Biblical value-but its not the cause of the priests partaking in pedophilia. This is proven, by the fact, that "thousands" of children arnt abused by prists, in fact, its few and far between-very small percentage. When it does happen, it just gets blown out of proportion, because it IS the biggest church in the world-and on center stage, so if something goes wrong, bad things happen, the media feeds off it because its big news. Which, gives them reason to try to  cover it up-it makes them look bad. Is it right? absolutly not. But it doesnt mean that "abstinance" leads to "child abuse" 

Also proven by the fact there are just as many if not more pedophiles who are not only married, but regularly have intimate relations with their wives...so you can't argue that...and even with this post you again go after the catholics-so is this about abstinence from marriage, or is this about the catholic church? because it seems like its more about the catholic church, and not the topic at hand.

4,392 priests ordained between 1950 -2002 had allegations against them not withdrawn or found to be not true. This accounts for approx. 4% of priests. 3.5% of those accused had more than ten allegations of abuse against them and accounted for abusing 2,960 victims. 0nly 3.5% of accused priests accounted for almost three thousand.

A research study conducted by the John Jay College of Criminal Justice - this is just the United States.

So the title of the thread may give you license to play some. And yes this involves the catholic church, and yes I believe forbidding to marry is directly a part of the problem, and I do see why you came against it as catholic bashing but it's out there and true and the movie winning the award provoked a memory of a teacher years ago stating, with passion," if the church doesn't stand and judge this the world will." That's what motivated me to post, not to bash Catholics.