• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Hi everyone! This is a little experiment, at least for me. I am not leading a study here, at least at the moment that is not my intention.

What I have done / am doing, is offering a set of verses and passages, the center around to topic(s) of "the Book of Life", "God's book". recorded, enrolled, written in heaven etc.

I am not saying that these things are all the same thing, I am not saying they are necessarily related. I am tossing them in here, for you (all who care to) to look over, and see what things we can learn, whether from a single verse, or some verses in combination.

I have no idea how this will work, or if it will work, but I would love to see what truths you can find and catalog from these verses.

I hope we can find things, that at least some of us have never seen understood, or noticed before, and in that we can function as the body is supposed to, building each other up. Let's try to check our arrogance and egos at the door, while feeling free to express our opinions and understandings, respecting others for His sake:

1 Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, 2 make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose. 3 Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; 4 do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Phili 2

With do further adieu, I invite you to consider the following verses, and comment at will expressing things you find noteworthy.

Exodus 32:31-33 (NASB)

31 Then Moses returned to the Lord, and said, “Alas, this people has[a]committed a great sin, and they have made [b]a god of gold for themselves. 32 But now, if You will, forgive their sin—and if not, please blot me out from Your book which You have written!” 33 The Lord said to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot him out of My book.
Footnotes:

1. Exodus 32:31 Literally sinned

2. Exodus 32:31 Or gods

Psalm 56:8 (NASB)

8 You have taken account of my wanderings;
Put my tears in Your bottle.
Are they not in Your book?

Psalm 69:27-28 (NASB)

27 Add iniquity to their iniquity,
And may they not come into Your righteousness.

28 May they be blotted out of the book of life
And may they not be [
a]recorded with the righteous.
Footnotes:

1. Psalm 69:28 Literally written

Psalm 139:16 (NASB)

16 Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.

Malachi 3:16 (NASB)
The Book of Remembrance

16 Then those who [a]feared the Lord spoke to one another, and the Lord gave attention and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who [b]fear the Lord and who esteem His name.
Footnotes:
Malachi 3:16 Or revere(d)
Malachi 3:16 Or revere(d)

Daniel 12:1 (NASB)
The Time of the End

12 “Now at that time Michael, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people, will arise. And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book, will be rescued.

Luke 10:20 (NASB)

20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven.”

Philippians 4:3 (NASB)

3 Indeed, true companion, I ask you also to help these women who have shared my struggle in the cause of the gospel, together with Clement also and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.

Hebrews 12:22-23 (NASB)

22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God,the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of [a]angels, 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,
Footnotes:

1. Hebrews 12:22 Or angels in festive gathering, and to the church

Revelation 3:5 (NASB)

5 He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Revelation 13:8 (NASB)

8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been [a]written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.
Footnotes:

1. Revelation 13:8 Or written in the book...slain from the foundation of the world

Revelation 17:8New American Standard Bible (NASB)

8 “The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to come up out of the abyss and [a]go to destruction. And those who dwell on the earth, whose name has not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, will wonder when they see the beast, that he was and is not and will come.
Footnotes:

1. Revelation 17:8 One early manuscript reads is going

Revelation 20:15 (NASB)

15 And if [a]anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
Footnotes:

1. Revelation 20:15 Literally anyone was

Revelation 21:27 (NASB)

27 and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those [a]whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
Footnotes:

1. Revelation 21:27 Literally who have been

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The book of life and the Lamb's book of life are the same book.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,782
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I am of the (studied opinion not thus sayeth The Lord!)  There are four book pertaining to life and works:
One, in which is penned, all that are born of Adam and Eve and corresponding book of their works...

The other Lamb's Book of Life where the names are transferred from the first book to The Lambs Book 
and the book of their works being only the ones done in Christ which shall be tested in the fire at the
judgment seat of Christ...

Rv 20:12
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book
was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written
in the books, according to their works.
KJV

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

I am of the (studied opinion not thus sayeth The Lord!)  There are four book pertaining to life and works:
One, in which is penned, all that are born of Adam and Eve and corresponding book of their works...

The other Lamb's Book of Life where the names are transferred from the first book to The Lambs Book 
and the book of their works being only the ones done in Christ which shall be tested in the fire at the
judgment seat of Christ...

Rv 20:12
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book
was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written
in the books, according to their works.
KJV

Four different books?

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,782
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

48 minutes ago, bopeep1909 said:

Four different books?

possibly!!! :noidea: yes there are plural books here and I am studying to determine further the opinion  :D 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I don't think that the Book of Life and the Book of Remembrance are the same book.  The first contains names and the second contains righteous acts of the saints, perhaps.  

3 hours ago, enoob57 said:

possibly!!! :noidea: yes there are plural books here and I am studying to determine further the opinion  :D 

Interesting. Let me know what you find out :)

2 hours ago, Willa said:

I don't think that the Book of Life and the Book of Remembrance are the same book.  The first contains names and the second contains righteous acts of the saints, perhaps.  

But us as believers are considered Saints. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

The "book of life" is the same as "the Lamb's book of life", and all those who are justified by faith and receive the gift of eternal life have their names written therein.

There are other books (of which we do not know the number) which contain a record of all the deeds of all those who do not have eternal life. They are judged out of these books, and the severity of their suffering is determined accordingly.

We are not told whether the works of the saints are recorded in another book which will be opened at the Judgment Seat of Christ, which will be for rewards or loss of rewards.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

This is the first time I have heard this topic discussed. 

What an interesting subject and so well laid out by the OP. The responses are just great. I never knew there were so many books defined throughout scripture.