spiderman1917

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  2

I feel it is very important for Christians to be speaking the truth about Islam these days and that on average have failed to do so.

I'm amazed at how many people think Islamic extremists have hijacked a peaceful religion and that Islam is a religion of peace and love.  Anyone who has basic knowledge of the lifestyle of Muhammad and the early Muslims, or the history of Islam knows that that is not true.

Another reason the Islamic issue bothers me a lot, is because people who are anti religious like to take all of the wars and atrocities committed by Muslims in the name of God, and use it to argue that religion is the worst thing for the earth.

I've always heard the phrase "love the sinner hate the sin. " We are never permitted to hate Muslims , but isn't it okay to hate Islam? and in fact , shouldn't we hate Islam?

What is the Christ-like way for battling perhaps  the greatest enemy of Christ and his people in our world?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

that is the tricky part......   how do you keep them from killing your family while you talk to them about Jesus...   tricky thing to do.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I do not believe that Islam is the greatest enemy of Jesus. In scripture, the enemy of God is either Satan, or those who have rejected Jesus. So the Islamic religion is just one of many enemies. Jesus is God, so in terms of power, Islam is a joke as is Satan, compared to the power of God.

I think the most dangerous group would be false christianity. They pick and choose what to believe and either reject or warp the rest. 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

We are told in Revelations that satan will be overcome by the blood of Jesus and the testimony of the saints.

Rev. 12:10b-11  "Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of the brothers had been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God.   AND THEY HAVE CONQUERED HIM BY THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB AND THE WORD OF THEIR TESTIMONY, for they loved not their lives even unto death."

We don't realize how much our testimonies have power and impact, or how much we influence those around us.  We influence by our WORDs and by our lives that back up our words.  We can tell others how God has changed our lives and filled us with His Love.  That is how I witness to the mormons who come to my door.  We can tell others how God has taken away our sins by the blood of His dear Son.  We can share that God has loved us so much that He gave His only begotten Son so that all who believe in and trust in Him can have eternal life.  I am told that the mormons don't believe that God died to forgive us, only that he died to preserve us from hell.  Islam has many similarities to LDS or mormons.  So some of the same things apply

I don't believe it does much good to argue with mormons or people in islam.  They are totally deceived so it is a spiritual battle.

I have a book written by a former muslim who says that the Injeel (New Testament) has the status of the authentic word of God, because it was God's revelation before the Quran.  There is no single verse in the Quran that attests that the Bible has been invalidated by the arrival of the Quran.  

His book, GLAD NEWS!  God Loves You My Muslim Friend  by Samy Tanagho, is a great tool to give muslims or to train us to speak to Muslim.  We simply ask God to give us His love for them.  He died for them, too.  We ask Christ in us to love them through us.  

Remember that our greatest enemy is satan, not the deceived Muslim.  

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

2 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

I feel it is very important for Christians to be speaking the truth about Islam these days and that on average have failed to do so.

I'm amazed at how many people think Islamic extremists have hijacked a peaceful religion and that Islam is a religion of peace and love....

Those are politicians looking for votes, not Christians.

Two years ago even the Archbishop of Canterbury compared the Islamic State's persecution of Christians in the Middle East to the Holocaust and last year the Pope followed suit.

2 hours ago, Qnts2 said:

I do not believe that Islam is the greatest enemy of Jesus. In scripture, the enemy of God is either Satan, or those who have rejected Jesus. So the Islamic religion is just one of many enemies. Jesus is God, so in terms of power, Islam is a joke as is Satan, compared to the power of God.

I think the most dangerous group would be false christianity. They pick and choose what to believe and either reject or warp the rest. 

I don't see False Christian groups starting governments worldwide that outlaw free speech , destroy the basic liberties of an entire gender, and that keep hundreds of millions of people brainwashed and in the dark and enslaved, which was my basis for believing , of all institutions on earth , the greatest enemy of Christ is Islam.

Cafeteria Christians (those who pick and choose) do a lot of damage ,but I don't see them instituting forms of government that force hundreds of millions of people to live their lives brainwashed in the darkness, or instituting laws that arrest and execute those who speak the truth.

4 hours ago, Willa said:

We are told in Revelations that satan will be overcome by the blood of Jesus and the testimony of the saints.

Rev. 12:10b-11  "Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of the brothers had been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God.   AND THEY HAVE CONQUERED HIM BY THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB AND THE WORD OF THEIR TESTIMONY, for they loved not their lives even unto death."

We don't realize how much our testimonies have power and impact, or how much we influence those around us.  We influence by our WORDs and by our lives that back up our words.  We can tell others how God has changed our lives and filled us with His Love.  That is how I witness to the mormons who come to my door.  We can tell others how God has taken away our sins by the blood of His dear Son.  We can share that God has loved us so much that He gave His only begotten Son so that all who believe in and trust in Him can have eternal life.  I am told that the mormons don't believe that God died to forgive us, only that he died to preserve us from hell.  Islam has many similarities to LDS or mormons.  So some of the same things apply

I don't believe it does much good to argue with mormons or people in islam.  They are totally deceived so it is a spiritual battle.

I have a book written by a former muslim who says that the Injeel (New Testament) has the status of the authentic word of God, because it was God's revelation before the Quran.  There is no single verse in the Quran that attests that the Bible has been invalidated by the arrival of the Quran.  

His book, GLAD NEWS!  God Loves You My Muslim Friend  by Samy Tanagho, is a great tool to give muslims or to train us to speak to Muslim.  We simply ask God to give us His love for them.  He died for them, too.  We ask Christ in us to love them through us.  

Remember that our greatest enemy is satan, not the deceived Muslim.  

i agree that in the end Jesus comes and defeats satan.....   however there is a time before that when the beast is given permission to make war with the saints and overcome them......   let us not forget this or when it happens some might loose hope and decide not to persevere to the end.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

I don't see False Christian groups starting governments worldwide that outlaw free speech , destroy the basic liberties of an entire gender, and that keep hundreds of millions of people brainwashed and in the dark and enslaved, which was my basis for believing , of all institutions on earth , the greatest enemy of Christ is Islam.

Cafeteria Christians (those who pick and choose) do a lot of damage ,but I don't see them instituting forms of government that force hundreds of millions of people to live their lives brainwashed in the darkness, or instituting laws that arrest and execute those who speak the truth.

We have a very different view. To me, a group which would discredit Who Jesus is while using Jesus name, are the greatest enemies of Jesus. That is the context to me is Jesus. Jesus is King and seeking citizens of His Kingdom, so drawing people to salvation is everything. Those who discredit Jesus by misusing his name are the enemies of Jesus goal and intent.

Since I am looking at the Kingdom, I am less concerned about worldly governments. Worldly governments can be very bad, but very bad governments can drive people to seek Jesus, as long as the worldly government does not use Jesus name to justify their actions. Right now, there is a mini-revival going on in Muslim lands because partly, the Muslims are getting very upset with radical Islam, and seeking. I was actually in a chat room as an outreach to the Jewish people when I received a private message from a college aged young man who lived in the west bank and was a Muslim. He wanted to know how Jewish people could believe in Jesus. As we talked, he told me he was absolutely disgusted by the actions of Muslims. He was tired of the constant fighting between Israel and the Palestinians. He did not trust Israel but hated what groups like Al Qaeda and others were doing. He wanted to find something better and was curious about Jews who believed in Jesus and wanted to know more about that. He was seeking. A lot of Muslims right now are seeking.

In the end, Jesus overthrows all who are hostile to Him. So, Islam is not much of an enemy to Jesus.

I think Islam is in the same category as the misled Christians who misuse the name of Jesus, because they claim that Jesus was one of them and they are able to deceive people by claiming that Christians are idolaters, because as Muslims have said to me, why would God pray to himself?

Muslims even use the words of Christ to discredit Christianity, such as his words "why do you call me good, only god is good".  so since Muslims call themselves the true followers of Jesus Christ , that is one of the things that bothers me most about them.

12 minutes ago, spiderman1917 said:

I think Islam is in the same category as the misled Christians who misuse the name of Jesus, because they claim that Jesus was one of them and they are able to deceive people by claiming that Christians are idolaters, because as Muslims have said to me, why would God pray to himself?

Muslims even use the words of Christ to discredit Christianity, such as his words "why do you call me good, only god is good".  so since Muslims call themselves the true followers of Jesus Christ , that is one of the things that bothers me most about them.

From their point of view, Jesus is not God, so that would be the normal thing for them to think.....     when we deal with them, really the only thing it takes is to convince them who Jesus really is.   The trinity is very difficult to get people to understand.