IGNORED

How do I know that I am not falling for the new age gimmicks?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

I struggle with both anxiety and depression and over the years I have tried and done much to prevent myself from getting into such a black pit of, blah blah blah

Just lately I am listening to some music that is for various things like happiness, helping with falling asleep to name a couple. In the run up to Christmas last year I was in a dark place and I looked on the web for help. I use this music to get through the day and when I am at my parents to manage my anxiety/depression levels.

For 2 years or more I had not been able to listen to any music as it triggered anxiety/depression. I stopped looking at yahoo news as I had anxiety from the sheer volume of negativity. Not like I can do anything to change it. So I decided to no longer read it.

I know we are not supposed to do things in our own strength. I am not sure where listening to this music comes in where that is concerned. The medication is pitifully rubbish and anyway I read something that anti depression medication and serotonin levels are not scientifically proven. But the pharmaceuticals companies still make the claim that by taking anti depressants it will help with the chemical imbalance. Ie serotonin levels.

anyway by taking medication isn’t that trying to do things in my own strength? The next thing that springs to mind is why God won’t heal me from the curse of mh? I mean it’s totally robbed me of any meaningful life. Life is just about managing the mh and not much room for anything else. So why does God sit back and watch me being so inept. What does this serve for Him or me?

I constantly feel disconnection like I am not plugged in. everything feels grey and now I am having to fake it to even keep to a “basic normal” surely God doesn’t want this for my life?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Praying~!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, existential mabel said:

I struggle with both anxiety and depression and over the years I have tried and done much to prevent myself from getting into such a black pit of, blah blah blah

Just lately I am listening to some music that is for various things like happiness, helping with falling asleep to name a couple. In the run up to Christmas last year I was in a dark place and I looked on the web for help. I use this music to get through the day and when I am at my parents to manage my anxiety/depression levels.

For 2 years or more I had not been able to listen to any music as it triggered anxiety/depression. I stopped looking at yahoo news as I had anxiety from the sheer volume of negativity. Not like I can do anything to change it. So I decided to no longer read it.

I know we are not supposed to do things in our own strength. I am not sure where listening to this music comes in where that is concerned. The medication is pitifully rubbish and anyway I read something that anti depression medication and serotonin levels are not scientifically proven. But the pharmaceuticals companies still make the claim that by taking anti depressants it will help with the chemical imbalance. Ie serotonin levels.

anyway by taking medication isn’t that trying to do things in my own strength? The next thing that springs to mind is why God won’t heal me from the curse of mh? I mean it’s totally robbed me of any meaningful life. Life is just about managing the mh and not much room for anything else. So why does God sit back and watch me being so inept. What does this serve for Him or me?

I constantly feel disconnection like I am not plugged in. everything feels grey and now I am having to fake it to even keep to a “basic normal” surely God doesn’t want this for my life?

Mabel :)

Nothing better then to go to sleep with praise music playing in the background!

Praise music will drive the enemy away...

Play it loud wherever you go in all the rooms of the house !   

Praise the Lord all my soul!

And the Lord is your healer but if He wants to He will use doctors!

O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me. Psalm 30:2 NKJV

Trust Him with your life :)

yep keep on keeping on with the bible i guess.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

I was diagnosed with being Bi-Polar many years ago, when it was called manic-depression.  I agreed to take medications that were prescribed, and like you, it seemed to take my life away.  After going back and forth with different medications, trying to find one that would be the balance they talked about, I decided to discuss other alternatives with my doctor.  Today, with Gods healing hands, I am no longer on medications and have no manic or depressed emotional roller-coaster rides.    Trust the Lord, even to speak to the hearts and minds of your doctors.  Ask Him to begin a healing in you and trust that He will also guide your doctors.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

I was diagnosed with being Bi-Polar many years ago, when it was called manic-depression.  I agreed to take medications that were prescribed, and like you, it seemed to take my life away.  After going back and forth with different medications, trying to find one that would be the balance they talked about, I decided to discuss other alternatives with my doctor.  Today, with Gods healing hands, I am no longer on medications and have no manic or depressed emotional roller-coaster rides.    Trust the Lord, even to speak to the hearts and minds of your doctors.  Ask Him to begin a healing in you and trust that He will also guide your doctors.

Perhaps you did not need the medication. There are those who go off of their medication and it is a nightmare. They are then very,very unstable. It just depends on the circumstances.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

10 hours ago, bopeep1909 said:

Perhaps you did not need the medication. There are those who go off of their medication and it is a nightmare. They are then very,very unstable. It just depends on the circumstances.

Please take the time to read what I said.  Ask God for help and talk to your doctor was my advice.  Never just throw in the towel and accept that you will be in the same condition the rest of your life.  God does heal ... some right away, others over a period of time, but He still heals.

12 hours ago, bopeep1909 said:

I

14 hours ago, OneLight said:

14 hours ago, OneLight said:

I decided to discuss other alternatives with my doctor. 

OneLight thanks for sharing this.. i really don't think the doc can see beyond medication. other stuff that could maybe help has been axed due to cuts. so i am having to fudge my way each day it seems.  not bad enough to warrant any help LOL. keep myself sane through many different things. i will have a go at the prayer thanks

13 hours ago, bopeep1909 said:

interesting you say this. when i saw the doc last time. i asked her if she thought my diagnosis has stayed the same. she seemed to indicate that it was a chemical imbalance which i don't tend to go with as external things constantly trigger the mh. and anyway later on that day coincidentally i came across a site that questioned the validity of anti-depressants and serotonin levels.  so i wonder what other medication is of quack value?

also in a sense you are dismissing what OneLight said in their post, "Today, with Gods healing hands, I am no longer on medications and have no manic or depressed emotional roller-coaster rides. "

Edited by existential mabel

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

One thing you need to understand about Satan hes the piped piper of music. In Ezekiel it describes what he used to look like adorned with musical instruments. Music is the ONLY  activity you can do that you use all of your brain function AT THE SAME TIME. Stay away from music the only music I listen to is classical occasionally. We forget what music was created for. 

KJV 
51 Col  3:16  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.