IGNORED

How do I know that I am not falling for the new age gimmicks?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, angels4u said:

Mabel :)

Nothing better then to go to sleep with praise music playing in the background!

Praise music will drive the enemy away...

Play it loud wherever you go in all the rooms of the house !   

Praise the Lord all my soul!

And the Lord is your healer but if He wants to He will use doctors!

O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me. Psalm 30:2 NKJV

Trust Him with your life :)

see that is the thing i am just unable to listen to any music much and this is when i explored relaxing music. i need it to be not bouncy and energetic for the most part. got a flat full of music i can no longer listen to! i will have another attempt. but i do find what i call catholic christian music way 0TT. that's a story in itself. will look on the net and see what i can find

many thanks

52 minutes ago, manuelf324 said:

One thing you need to understand about Satan hes the piped piper of music. In Ezekiel it describes what he used to look like adorned with musical instruments. Music is the ONLY  activity you can do that you use all of your brain function AT THE SAME TIME. Stay away from music the only music I listen to is classical occasionally. We forget what music was created for. 

KJV 
51 Col  3:16  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.   

yes but didn't David sing dance and praise to the LORD...

Stay away from music the only music I listen to is classical occasionally. We forget what music was created for. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, OneLight said:

Please take the time to read what I said.  Ask God for help and talk to your doctor was my advice.  Never just throw in the towel and accept that you will be in the same condition the rest of your life.  God does heal ... some right away, others over a period of time, but He still heals.

I read every word that you wrote.Yes,God does heal but sometimes he does not for whatever purpose and plan He has for that person. Sometimes a person will have an illness the rest of their life and some may take a medication for awhile and then they will not need it any longer. Pray should be at the top of that list.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

22 hours ago, existential mabel said:

I constantly feel disconnection like I am not plugged in. everything feels grey and now I am having to fake it to even keep to a “basic normal” surely God doesn’t want this for my life?

God provides the following for your spiritual heath, so try and focus on these things:

1. The Holy Spirit (make sure that He lives within you).

2. The Word of God (make sure you read, study, and meditate on Scripture).

3. Prayer (make sure you communicate with God and let Him know exactly how you feel)

4. Psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs (hymns of praise and songs of worship will help you focus on Christ)

5. The fellowship of other believers (join a sound Bible church).

16 minutes ago, Ezra said:

God provides the following for your spiritual heath, so try and focus on these things:

1. The Holy Spirit (make sure that He lives within you).

2. The Word of God (make sure you read, study, and meditate on Scripture).

3. Prayer (make sure you communicate with God and let Him know exactly how you feel)

4. Psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs (hymns of praise and songs of worship will help you focus on Christ)

5. The fellowship of other believers (join a sound Bible church).

0k so now you have my curiosity peaked. How do i Know that the Holy Spirit lives in me? i mean i am not going to find that out at church. number 3 is a kind of "working progress" albeit not brilliant. just need peace and stillness in my head and not more words is what i desire. will look on net for music that doesn't keep triggering me. as for fellowship well that has taken a nose dive due to mh and a sound bible church i have yet to experience one. sorry its negative but thanks nevertheless as it gives me some pointers to work with. thanks

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  4,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Hi Mabel;

I am so glad you joined the worthy Forums, and also I am glad to see someone brave enough to talk about the MH issues that you have been facing.

MH issues can be quite complex and many in main stream "normalcy" choose not not even look at the issues, or look down on those who suffer.

And for those who never experienced mental issues to the degree that makes life difficult for some to function, they may never really understand.

the full extent of the mind suffering that an individual can experience with MH..

There are many theories to mental health issues.

Psychology/psychiatry does not have all the answers.

You can find some online forums of people who suffer from various degrees of MH issues who will tell you their  personal experiences with MH issues , the meds they were told to take, the nightmares from some of these meds.

And in these MH Forums, you will find some with MH who also seek God for help and then you will find those who hate God and all that God stands for and who prefer toying with the dark side. Those who toy and stay with the dark side usually like horror stuff, black, cynical things, that can be  found in philosophy, music, arts and other beliefs far away from the Word of God.

While those who keep with a christian faith frame of reference, seem have found an easier, more manageable way to cope with their MH sufferings.

So with that said, I very much believe that there is a spiritual component going on when someone is suffering with MH.

Also some have a leaning disability that was never properly recognized and have gone through life kind of hiding to others their disability,

for fear of being made fun of.

And this also can cause, low self esteem issues, insecurities, fears that also can bring on anxiety, depression when having to face dealing in everyday life pressures, demands, that living in society expects most people to excel and live by.  

Anxieties and depression and feeling quite misunderstood, can come about from not being able to cope with life the same way the majority is expected to.

But God understands.

I know for myself, I suffered trauma, coming from a dysfunctional family, from an early age.

Witnessed violence from an early age.

Was I born insecure, with low self esteem, anxiety, depression?

I know I experienced neglect from my primary care givers from a very early age.

My mother could not emotionally bond with me. (Being born in East Prussia Germany was also the product of world war-II traum.) Looking back on what she did to me, it seems like she wanted me to experience the pain that she had to go through. She could be very emotionally cruel to me. She told me when I was less than two years old that she regretted that I was ever born and yes I do remember that event quite clearly. I remember when I was less than five years of age my father getting into an argument with my mother and toppling over the breakfast table and storming out of the house... I remember my father breaking a whole set of diner glasses that had been recently bought and placed on the dining room table... I remember violence and things like verbal abuse, my father loosing his temper for no logical reason. (later he died of a cancerous tumor that was logged near his pituitary gland, doctors said that the tumor that was probably growing in him for seven years and probable cause all those mood swings until it got diagnosed.) My father was born in Hungary, his family came to Canada when he was 2 years old. He never experience the war, got a very good education, became an notary/attorney and met my mother here in Canada.Anyway yes I remember, I remember and have never been able to completely remember the poem by Thomas hood" I remember, I remember the house where i was born" that my father force learned my brother 5years and me 3 1/2 years old to memorize in the downstairs basement, wielding a big stick to keep us in tempo, so close in simili was this poem to the reality of my own home were I grew up .

From all exteriors purposes, it looked like I came from a wonderful middle class family, my father a notary/title attorney , my mother a book-keeper.

Just there was a lot of hush, hush, crazy making inside the home. I always felt ashamed of my home and that made me feel that i had to live my life in secret, because if people knew the truth, it would be terribly shameful .

The sins of the father, revisited on the nest generations.

I believe this, I also believe in family curses that must be broken.

Once I came to understand this, I prayed to God to remove these sins, generational curses, from my life and that of my brothers coming from both my mom and dads side of the family respectively.

But in my childhood, I experienced this.

From these experiences, fear came into me.

When one becomes exposed to trauma/sin, fear enters, the persons identity changes from trusting to being fearful. And this fear can take on a life of its own.

And ...

Was I also born with deficits greater than what is deemed "normal?

It could be both.

In any case, I have what i have and have had to learn to cope and deal with the life God has given me.

I know that I am very sensitive, creative, common sense wise capable, artistically inclined, think outside the box.

I also know my deficits....  AWWW to many to describe... and with both combined without Gods help

I can be in one big tangled mess.

Thank God for Christ Jesus.

I also thank God for my loving grandfather on my mothers side, who showed by example what Christian loving was all about to everyone he came into meeting..

But even so, I had a time where I went searching on my own and went astray, only to have God find me and give me back a hands up.

(The good shepherd John 10:10)  That bible explanations of Christ Jesus, I experienced.

It has taken me a lifetime to finally get to the place where I am now in my faith with Christ Jesus and I am still growing and learning and changing in Him.

As my faith , trust in my relationship with God, has progressed by my own willingness to never give up searching for Him, my fears have greatly diminished and

I have come to accept myself a little better for the person that God made me to be, that includes my struggles of yesterday and those that I still face today.

Its been a long journey and life has always new challenges everyday for us to overcome.

God will help us with every challenge that we face, if He were thought.

I really do believe this, and very much so today, as I can see what God has already done and terms of  healing in my life.

God does heal us, never ever give up on that.

Just keep seeking God in a personal relationship with Him,

place a little more trust in Him and His word over the imaginings of your mind.

satan access to us is through the mind.

the bible talks about casting down imaginations:

2 Corinthians 10:5

4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding:

In Christ Jesus, you are a new Creation

2 Corinthians 5:17

16 Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh;

even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer.

***17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.***

18 Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation,…

God has not given us a spirit of fear but of sound mind

2 Timothy 1:7

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

God can change what man has given up on.

Never let go of God

Matthew 19:26

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Mark 10:27

26 They were even more astonished and said to Him, "Then who can be saved?"

27 Looking at them, Jesus said, "With people it is impossible, but not with God; for all things are possible with God."

Trust in the lord

Proverbs 3:5

4So you will find favor and good repute In the sight of God and man.

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. 6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.

All these things i write to you, I read also for myself and I in faith, ask God to help me.

some days seem overwhelming, some days, i don't know where my energy is.

some days my mind wakes up in a mess of negative thoughts, i know its not coming from God these thoughts and sometimes

it can take some time to work these thoughts out of my head.

I know when i have these thoughts the enemy is trying to pull at me.

God made me for a purpose, how ever simple that purpose may seem to some, it does have a rhyme and reason in the kingdom of God, even though

I may never get the praises and esteem of the world.

I will always have the love of My heavenly Father to see me through.

Best wishes Mabel

In Christ Jesus :emot-heartbeat:

1to3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Just out of curiosity, just how much sleep do you get every night?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, existential mabel said:

0k so now you have my curiosity peaked. How do i Know that the Holy Spirit lives in me? 

And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.  And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us... Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.  And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 

(1 John 3:23,24; 4:13-16 KJB)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Praying for you. God can and does heal every day. He has a plan for your life. Maybe he wants to use you the way you are, just and he made you to help others. I don't know the reason but I know God loves you and has a plan for your life.

hello 1to3. thanks for your kind words. i have to say i am glad too! i don't talk about the mh in my family. my sister has on one occasion acknowledged my struggle a couple of years ago, when the “I’m normal balanced and integrated mask slipped.”

i think people are very lucky not to experience mh issues and for me i tend to not talk about it as one of 2 things happen i either get what i call a throw away comment or it makes people uneasy like they might catch it! although depression does like company so i have heard!

in this world someone always profits from someone Else's suffering namely the pharmaceutical companies  which in turn grease the economy's wheel. i despair of it. there is nothing but false prophets when you have mh and they are like circling buzzards.

don't know if i am allowed to post a link ...http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2014/09/13/low-serotonin-levels-dont-cause-depression/

yes i have wondered about the spiritual component as well. i hide/mask my mh as it is a double edged sword whether to "come out about it,” is the expression i think.

Anxieties and depression and feeling quite misunderstood, can come about from not being able to cope with life the same way the majority is expected to.

really sorry for your childhood experiences. we humans are so fragile and we get damaged and then we can go on to damage others have you managed to forgive your parents?

Ezekiel

20 It is the one who sins who will die. A son is not to suffer because of his father's sins, nor a father because of the sins of his son. A good person will be rewarded for doing good, and an evil person will suffer for the evil he does

yes that was very good that you had a loving grandfather. what a blessing in amongst all the other things.

yes that was very good that you had a loving grandfather. what a blessing in amongst all the other things.

But even so, I had a time where I went searching on my own and went astray, only to have God find me and give me back a hands up.

yes i too did the supermarket trolly dash of spiritual searching. and i believe it got me further into confusion and loneliness even. which i am still having to deal with.

It has taken me a lifetime to finally get to the place where I am now in my faith with Christ Jesus and I am still growing and learning and changing in Him.

this is very good and positive to hear

Just keep seeking God in a personal relationship with Him, place a little more trust in Him and His word over the imaginings of your mind.

satan access to us is through the mind.  the bible talks about casting down imaginations:

2 Corinthians 10:5

4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.

5  Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding:

Good scripture I constantly lean on my own understanding such as it is! Just cant let go of the reins!

All these things i write to you, I read also for myself and I in faith, ask God to help me. some days seem overwhelming, some days, i don't know where my energy is. some days my mind wakes up in a mess of negative thoughts, i know its not coming from God these thoughts and sometimes it can take some time to work these thoughts out of my head. I know when i have these thoughts the enemy is trying to pull at me.

Yes I had what I call a black bleak day yesterday. Cant seem to put things into action when this happens. It has to kinda burn itself out..

God made me for a purpose, how ever simple that purpose may seem to some, it does have a rhyme and reason in the kingdom of God, even though I may never get the praises and esteem of the world.

Thank God for that as man’s praises are empty anyway!

I will always have the love of My heavenly Father to see me through.

Amen

Edited by existential mabel