IGNORED

How do I know that I am not falling for the new age gimmicks?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

What is prayer if there is no faith?  Though I am not encouraging anyone to walk away from their medications prescribed to them, I am encouraging them to seek God for guidance.  With God's help, all things are possible.

A person can have all the faith in the world and be the most devout Christian and their prayers for healing may not be answered like they would want them to be. Maybe God has a plan for that person that is not on this earth? I don't know but a person who does not get healing even though they pray for it everyday must remain very faithful to God no matter what.

Then again God may heal a person. It is all in God's timing and plan and will.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, OneLight said:

What is prayer if there is no faith?  Though I am not encouraging anyone to walk away from their medications prescribed to them, I am encouraging them to seek God for guidance.  With God's help, all things are possible.

well i am going riding without a saddle at the mo regarding medication :horse: s0 i would appreciate y0ur prayers. the faith bit ....

10 hours ago, bopeep1909 said:

A person can have all the faith in the world and be the most devout Christian and their prayers for healing may not be answered like they would want them to be. Maybe God has a plan for that person that is not on this earth? I don't know but a person who does not get healing even though they pray for it everyday must remain very faithful to God no matter what.

Then again God may heal a person. It is all in God's timing and plan and will.

it just seems to me that is a get out clause when things dont "work/happen" it is so difficult when that difficulty pervades all of my life and is akin to the locust...my life is like a desert experience and really its a miracle in itself that i am still here..

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, existential mabel said:

it just seems to me that is a get out clause when things dont "work/happen" it is so difficult when that difficulty pervades all of my life and is akin to the locust...my life is like a desert experience and really its a miracle in itself that i am still here..

The Lord needs you here on earth Rachel  , He is good and will help you!

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Try to focus on the future !!!!:mgqueen:

Will pray for you Mabel....trust God and if you need meds take them too, The Lord gave us doctors who can help us, trust God He is the ultimate Healer!:amen:?

On March 6, 2016 at 1:53 PM, existential mabel said:

I struggle with both anxiety and depression and over the years I have tried and done much to prevent myself from getting into such a black pit of, blah blah blah

Just lately I am listening to some music that is for various things like happiness, helping with falling asleep to name a couple. In the run up to Christmas last year I was in a dark place and I looked on the web for help. I use this music to get through the day and when I am at my parents to manage my anxiety/depression levels.

For 2 years or more I had not been able to listen to any music as it triggered anxiety/depression. I stopped looking at yahoo news as I had anxiety from the sheer volume of negativity. Not like I can do anything to change it. So I decided to no longer read it.

I know we are not supposed to do things in our own strength. I am not sure where listening to this music comes in where that is concerned. The medication is pitifully rubbish and anyway I read something that anti depression medication and serotonin levels are not scientifically proven. But the pharmaceuticals companies still make the claim that by taking anti depressants it will help with the chemical imbalance. Ie serotonin levels.

anyway by taking medication isn’t that trying to do things in my own strength? The next thing that springs to mind is why God won’t heal me from the curse of mh? I mean it’s totally robbed me of any meaningful life. Life is just about managing the mh and not much room for anything else. So why does God sit back and watch me being so inept. What does this serve for Him or me?

I constantly feel disconnection like I am not plugged in. everything feels grey and now I am having to fake it to even keep to a “basic normal” surely God doesn’t want this for my life?

GOD can fulfill every void in your life!  Total dependence on Him is one of the Greatest things I ever have experienced. God can be all of your passions.  Hope you will find healing through our Wonderful Savior!

3 hours ago, angels4u said:

The Lord needs you here on earth Rachel  , He is good and will help you!

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Try to focus on the future !!!!:mgqueen:

urm its not Rachel its Mabel!  :36: ah.. when i focus on the future it gives me anxiety 0 dear. but i would be very glad of His help

59 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

urm its not Rachel its Mabel!  :36: ah.. when i focus on the future it gives me anxiety 0 dear. but i would be very glad of His help

Sorry!!!

I don't know why I used the name Rachel...apologies!!!!:taped:

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 3/9/2016 at 6:53 AM, angels4u said:

Maybe google for youtube gospel music?

HYMN

Because He Lives Lyrics

(Verse 1)
God sent his son
They called him Jesus
He came to love
Heal and forgive
He lived and died
To buy my pardon
An empty grave
Is there to prove
My Savior lives

(Chorus)
Because he lives
I can face tomorrow
Because he lives
All fear is gone
Because I know
He holds the future
And life is worth the living
Just because he lives

(Verse 2)
How sweet to hold
A newborn baby
And feel the pride
And joy he gives
But greater still
The calm assurance
This child can face
Uncertain days
Just Because he lives

(Chorus)

(Verse 3)
And then one day
I'll cross the river
I'll fight life's final war with pain
And then as death
Gives way to victory
I'll see the lights
Of glory and
I'll know he lives

Do those words touch your soul?

Yes, it's among one of my favorites that Bill and Gloria Gaither wrote. 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 3/5/2016 at 5:56 PM, OneLight said:

I was diagnosed with being Bi-Polar many years ago, when it was called manic-depression.  I agreed to take medications that were prescribed, and like you, it seemed to take my life away.  After going back and forth with different medications, trying to find one that would be the balance they talked about, I decided to discuss other alternatives with my doctor.  Today, with Gods healing hands, I am no longer on medications and have no manic or depressed emotional roller-coaster rides.    Trust the Lord, even to speak to the hearts and minds of your doctors.  Ask Him to begin a healing in you and trust that He will also guide your doctors.

Amen OneLight, I believe with everything in me that so much of this stuff is  the work of the enemy.  He will steal whatever and however he can.  Right after my husband passed away the first thing the doctor wanted to do was put me on something for my depression.  I said NO WAY, that either my faith will get me through it or it won't.  This was where the rubber was going to meet the road.  It wasn't easy but step by step over these years I have gotten my life back and did it through the power of the our Great Physician.  He is able to heal, and bring back the life the devil wanted to steal.  By  the way I never said anything to him about depression, he just slapped a label on me and I refused to take it.