IGNORED

Is it wrong of a believer today , not to go to church ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

okay I know that first we are told not to give up the gathering of our selves, yes I know , but is there a problem to a devoted bible believing person to not go to church for they feel they are not learning or that it is not of the teachings that God intended ?

that it may not be doing justice, and or its not following biblical principles ?

I have gone to church for over thirty years , and now I have taken a rest , and done study of the bible on my own and worked on learning scriptures and the word of God , in a more rugged and intense effort, and come to a conclusion, that maybe something does not line up with all the time I devoted in church ?

but on the other hand, is it really violating the cause of this verse , or are we to follow what , God says in scripture come out of her and do not take and join in with her wrath and sins,

we see Jesus states that the people honor Him with there lips and there hearts are so far away?

we have that if we are not doers of the word then we are not really placing the faith in our lives, ?

can we be going to church religiously and still end up out side of the doors of the kingdom, and saying lord ,lord, and he says go away ? I never knew you?

for the time being I am studying and learning scripture and verses , going through dictionaries and strongs book, seeing and reading every thing I can, and its been a eye opening experience,  God has blessed me to seek Him and learn new things,

so would it be that church is not what it was meant to be from the past, for many endured the word all day long, and tioday if the music is not right people will leave church , if the airconditioner, or the chairs are un comfortable they leave,

what is it that we are to learn in a church that we cannot learn aside of it, and to gather in bible studies to be more in depth with study,

is the church what God wanted it to be in todays world,

then who is the tru and real saints, and the who is the called out ones , ?

do we go to church for a emotional satisfaction, and pleasing to the ears, or do we want to hear truth ,

for a sunday church meeting is most empty when foot ball games are on ?

so what are we doing in the churches, I am asking as a question, not judging, but to know , what the pros and cons are,

for many like church, and that's fine, BUT ! are you learning salvation ? are you being told how to be ready for  possible hard times and tribulations, and if anything, do we know what is the cost ? of really a believer that follows Christ ? or is it the building and a must, to show up and let others see you, and then live like none believers the rest of the time,

just curious, what do you think, and is it saving people and molding people for the times of trouble ahead, ?

many that I know that go to church , thinks God is mad at them and they are not doing there duty if they get a flat tire, or lose there job,

that God is punishing them ,

that is a i.e is this what we are to be thinking , going to church, ? do we really know God and are we going to church to learn how to place God in our everyday life ?many believers as they call them selves do not know the bible , do not read  it, and refuse, to put God first, before there wants and desires, so are we going to church to serve God , the building others , are self, or really come to our knees and surrender to the lord ?

this is all about trying to find meaning in going to church? 30 minutes to 45 ,minutes once a week is not going to help you , this is my observation and point of view, what do you all think ?thank you and blessings and peace to all

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I believe I have already addressed my opinion on this subject not too long ago.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

“You have spoken strongly against me,” says Adonai.
“Yet you say, ‘How have we spoken against you?’

By saying, ‘There is no point in serving God.
What good is it to obey his orders

We consider the arrogant happy;
also evildoers prosper;
they put God to the test;
nevertheless, they escape.’”

Malachi 3Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

Malachi 3 

“Look! I am sending my messenger
to clear the way before me;
and the Lord, whom you seek,
will suddenly come to his temple.
Yes, the messenger of the covenant,
in whom you take such delight —
look! Here he comes,”
says Adonai-Tzva’ot.

But who can endure the day when he comes?
Who can stand when he appears?
For he will be like a refiner’s fire,
like the soapmaker’s lye.

He will sit, testing and purifying the silver;
he will purify the sons of Levi,
refining them like gold and silver,
so that they can bring offerings to Adonai uprightly.

Then the offering of Y’hudah and Yerushalayim
will be pleasing to Adonai,
as it was in the days of old,
as in years gone by.

“Then I will approach you for judgment;
and I will be quick to witness
against sorcerers, adulterers and perjurers;
against those who take advantage
of wage-earners, widows and orphans;
against those who rob the foreigner of his rights
and don’t fear me,”
says Adonai-Tzva’ot.

Then those who feared Adonai spoke together;
and Adonai listened and heard.
A record book was written in his presence
for those who feared Adonai
and had respect for his name.

“They will be mine,” says Adonai-Tzva’ot,
“on the day when I compose my own special treasure.
I will spare them as a man spares
his own son who serves him.

Then once again you will see the difference
between the righteous and the wicked,
between the person who serves God
and one that doesn’t serve him.

it is impossible to renew them so that they turn from their sin,

as long as for themselves they keep executing the Son of God on the stake all over again and keep holding him up to public contempt.

For the land that soaks up frequent rains

and then brings forth a crop useful to its owners

receives a blessing from God;

but if it keeps producing thorns and thistles,

it fails the test and is close to being cursed;[a]

in the end, it will be burned.

-------------------------

He can deal gently with the ignorant and with those who go astray,

11 Therefore, let us do our best to enter that rest; so that no one will fall short because of the same kind of disobedience.

Hebrews 4Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

Therefore, let us be terrified of the possibility that,

even though the promise of entering his rest remains,

any one of you might be judged to have fallen short of it;

15 Now where it says,

“Today, if you hear God’s voice,
don’t harden your hearts, as you did in the Bitter Quarrel,” [c]

16 who were the people who, after they heard, quarreled so bitterly?

All those whom Moshe brought out of Egypt. 17 And with whom was God disgusted for forty years?

Those who sinned — yes, they fell dead in the Wilderness!

18 And to whom was it that he swore that they would not enter his rest?

Those who were disobedient.  ...

12 Watch out, brothers, so that there will not be in any one of you an evil heart lacking trust, which could lead you to apostatize from the living God! 13 Instead, keep exhorting each other every day,

as long as it is called Today,

so that none of you will become hardened by the deceit of sin.

14 For we have become sharers in the Messiah, provided, however, that we hold firmly to the conviction we began with,

right through until the goal is reached.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  4

You are gathering with Christians on this site.  It does not have to be in a building  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

you answered your own question, we are commanded not to forsake the fellowship. The church is the fellowship. You are to go. I hear "im not getting anything out of it" and "im not learning anything" and "Im not getting my needs met" all the time. The common factor in all those? the word I.  I I I I I. ME ME ME ME. That is the problem with the church today, to many people are to focused on the me, and not on the you. We arnt commanded to go to church just to "get fed" or "just to get your needs met" in fact, if your going to church, with the idea that YOUR going to get something out of it, your going for the wrong reasons. Period. If the church your going to isnt teaching the Bible, then go to another one. But if there is a solid, Bible believing church in your area, there is no valid excuse not to go.

When we go to church, with the goal to serve, instead of being served, we will change the world. Instead of wondering how your needs will be met, ask yourself how your going to meet the needs of others. If everyone went to church with a servants attitudes, and put themselves aside, then I think we would easily see the revival our church, our country, and our world needs. If we refuse to go to church for any of the above reasons, if we refuse to go because our feelings were hurt, or anything other then unsolid Biblical doctrine, then we are disobeying Gods very command to us. There is a reason He instituted the church-who are we to question that?

Hebrews 10:24-25

24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

• Loved it! 1

when I was talking about why the church does not fit me, it is not ,of my selfish desires , but the desire to seek God ,in truth and in spirit my brother, for it is not the church that saves, and we are  to seek God with all of our heart, soul mind and strength, in a church setting it does not work, for me, anymore, and that is I am speaking for me, but the gathering of our selves and to build and help , is being done right now, with you and me and all the others here on this site,    so , we don't want to think the building is part of Gods plan , for we cannot stay dieting on milk , for we need meat and potatoes , you don't get that today at a church, and so this is what, I was trying to say, . thank you for your comment, but this is the common response ,when this question is asked,

in fact to give you a true situation it has happened twice to me, already , I am talking with church going believers and we are on the same page talking scripture, and then they ask what church I go to, and I tell them I don't go anymore, and they walk away , thinking that I cannot be part of Gods people or with them for I have abandon going to church, and I am not faithful to God ?

and so   I am judged, on just that fact, I think its a shame , but its life, and many feel if they are not going to church, God will not hear you , but many do not read the bible , or place the teachings into there life, it be lip service, and that's not what Jesus desired,

He said if you follow me , then deny yourself and take up your cross, so I take my cross, and do what ever I can to follow Him

but I do realize that even my best is not good enough, and yet as paul stated , even though I do what I do not want, I still do it,

for the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak,

for their are for some or many not reading there bibles, and not meditating on the word, they are looking at the out side and judging the cover of a person , but not there heart,

but I must say , I have studied and worked on following the bible and learning all I can , harder then ever,  and what I learn in one hour at home, I would not learn in three months in church, but this is just my own observation and opinion of course, but I also have learned more then ever in all my life, so , am I still wrong for not going to church,

do you feel that church really helps to guide and give you all the tools needed to face the world and the evil in it ?

do you think maybe church  may be overrated, and many leaders have taken advantage of the people , and become rich ?

so I hope I was able to share with you  a day in the life , in my life,  thank you, blessings to you brother

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, SINNERSAVED said:

when I was talking about why the church does not fit me, it is not ,of my selfish desires , but the desire to seek God ,in truth and in spirit my brother, for it is not the church that saves, and we are  to seek God with all of our heart, soul mind and strength, in a church setting it does not work, for me, anymore, and that is I am speaking for me, but the gathering of our selves and to build and help , is being done right now, with you and me and all the others here on this site,    so , we don't want to think the building is part of Gods plan , for we cannot stay dieting on milk , for we need meat and potatoes , you don't get that today at a church, and so this is what, I was trying to say, . thank you for your comment, but this is the common response ,when this question is asked,

in fact to give you a true situation it has happened twice to me, already , I am talking with church going believers and we are on the same page talking scripture, and then they ask what church I go to, and I tell them I don't go anymore, and they walk away , thinking that I cannot be part of Gods people or with them for I have abandon going to church, and I am not faithful to God ?

and so   I am judged, on just that fact, I think its a shame , but its life, and many feel if they are not going to church, God will not hear you , but many do not read the bible , or place the teachings into there life, it be lip service, and that's not what Jesus desired,

He said if you follow me , then deny yourself and take up your cross, so I take my cross, and do what ever I can to follow Him

but I do realize that even my best is not good enough, and yet as paul stated , even though I do what I do not want, I still do it,

for the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak,

for their are for some or many not reading there bibles, and not meditating on the word, they are looking at the out side and judging the cover of a person , but not there heart,

but I must say , I have studied and worked on following the bible and learning all I can , harder then ever,  and what I learn in one hour at home, I would not learn in three months in church, but this is just my own observation and opinion of course, but I also have learned more then ever in all my life, so , am I still wrong for not going to church,

do you feel that church really helps to guide and give you all the tools needed to face the world and the evil in it ?

do you think maybe church  may be overrated, and many leaders have taken advantage of the people , and become rich ?

so I hope I was able to share with you  a day in the life , in my life,  thank you, blessings to you brother

I have not found a good Bible teaching Church that teaches the literal true word of God that fits me either. And a church that is not a mega Church that does not pray and talk in tongues.

church = assembly , strongs 1577  not a building ,it is members to gather ,

now what would be the purpose to gather, = but to share and talk about scripture and Gods word, ?

so this can be accomplished any where , coffee shop, park, a home, on line, beach , picnic area, hospital, senior home

and I do not see this as disobeying God, by not going to church, for he wants us to fellowship and be kind one to another, and love one another, but not place yourself in a place of lip service and rejection to a holy and righteous God.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

but on the other hand, is it really violating the cause of this verse , or are we to follow what , God says in scripture come out of her and do not take and join in with her wrath and sins,

we see Jesus states that the people honor Him with there lips and there hearts are so far away?

we have that if we are not doers of the word then we are not really placing the faith in our lives, ?

can we be going to church religiously and still end up out side of the doors of the kingdom, and saying lord ,lord, and he says go away ? I never knew you?

for the time being I am studying and learning scripture and verses , going through dictionaries and strongs book, seeing and reading every thing I can, and its been a eye opening experience,  God has blessed me to seek Him and learn new things,

yes, Scripture- "every WORD" ((not bread alone)).....

includes: (1) in any town you visit, seek out "FAITHFUL" ones.

.................................................................... stay in one place

.................................................................... spontaneously share what Yahweh gives you, decently and in order, 

..................................................................... with generosity like Yahweh's and His ekklesia in ACTS, et al.

..................................................................... live "in union" with all the "FAITHFUL" ones,

..................................................................... by Yahweh's doing((we can't imitate that))

..................................................................... meet daily for prayer and fellowship, meeting one another's needs as 

..................................................................... Yahweh provides everything and everything is HIS.

Also, realize all situations are totally in Yahweh's hands >> and DO as HE directs every day>>>

((in every city, there are more idols than >>>> ))  ((remember s & g)) ((TEST EVERYTHING))

Acts 17:16-34Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

16 While Sha’ul was waiting for them in Athens, his spirit within him was disturbed at the sight of the city full of idols. 17 So he began holding discussions in the synagogue with the Jews and the “God-fearers,” and in the market square every day with the people who happened to be there.