IGNORED

Is it wrong of a believer today , not to go to church ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

I have never been a house hermit. I have always had fellowship with other believers and when I am with them I'm fulfilling the mandate to come together with other believers. I am no longer meeting under three with my fellow brothers their. I now attend a small church  yet I am not a Baptist, A Methodist, or of any of thousand denominations. I only identify as a believe and follower of Christ. As for the church Identify as Paul " Know ye not ye are the Temple God and the Holy Spirit.  dwells with in You

Denominationalism is only confusion with many false teachings. I have a daily walk With Christ and spend time with Him every morning  in prayer and devotions 

Hi, Thought an opinion was asked  for, I gave mine. 

As for me, I don't much worry myself over sects nor denominations, I just get dragged where the Holy Spirit will have me to go. And am glad for the dragging even if it is hard on the heels of my shoes.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Thought an opinion was asked  for, I gave mine. 

As for me, I don't much worry myself over sects nor denominations, I just get dragged where the Holy Spirit will have me to go. And am glad for the dragging even if it is hard on the heels of my shoes.

I am a discerner and feel so much that many identify with the denomination and believe that since they have gone to church every Sunday that they have salvation. That is not true. What saves us is believing the gospel. Our saving faith is a true personal relationship that is a daily walk in the spirit. Christ is all and everything else is has no value just vanity

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

I am a discerner and feel so much that many identify with the denomination and believe that since they have gone to church every Sunday that they have salvation. That is not true. What saves us is believing the gospel. Our saving faith is a true personal relationship that is a daily walk in the spirit. Christ is all and everything else is has no value just vanity

Hi Mike Mclees,

Sure, I agree with the sentiment's intent. 

However; if you then include the corporate church of Jesus as being  just vanity, we part company on your conclusion.

And, I guess I would also part company if one separates the triune nature of God eliminating either God the Father or God the Holy Spirit.

Fact,  I guess I disagree with the premise of your concluding sentence, "Christ is all"....itself.

From the beginning we have been told otherwise in that we have been told to love one another. I don't see the love being well expressed in  separating from others and refusing the company of other saints in corporate worship of our Lord our savior and the company of the Holy Spirit. What I do feel is rejection; that I am not good enough to worship with, for I am flawed and not as much along in my sanctification.  -Least not  in the eyes of one that will not gather and worship with me saying I have faults within my worshipping ability. Now I confess that I  like many have been there, in that mindset and funk, mine lasted over two full years. I thought I was a church of one, but what it became was arrogance within my heart and then a distancing from God.

Fortunately a couple of saints were persistent in their own calling to me, and I returned, worshipped corporately at a flawed church and benefitted greatly from it, having learned that I am not a successful church of one either. Better to love one another, be together for worship, far better, is the lesson I learned for myself. But I understand if one cannot at this time,  be with others in corporate worship, and hope that  each just remembers to return or follow the lead from the Spirit to some place of corporte worhip when the call comes.

I know how hard it is sometimes to heed advice from  fellow saints, any fellow saint, it is much like a mom saying "don't put your finger in the empty lightbulb socket."  She said that to me. I had to  do it just because of that. It hurt, dang it, she was right.

"See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.  And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.

Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.  You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin.  No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him.  Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous.  Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.  By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

Love One Another

For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.  We should not be like Cain, who was of the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own deeds were evil and his brother's righteous.  Do not be surprised, brothers, that the world hates you.  We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brothers. Whoever does not love abides in death.  Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.  But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?  Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.

By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.  Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God;  and whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him. And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.  Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us.

Edited by Neighbor

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi Mike Mclees,

Sure, I agree with the sentiment's intent. 

However; if you then include the corporate church of Jesus as being  just vanity, we part company on your conclusion.

And, I guess I would also part company if one separates the triune nature of God eliminating either God the Father or God the Holy Spirit.

Fact,  I guess I disagree with the premise of your concluding sentence, "Christ is all"....itself.

From the beginning we have been told otherwise in that we have been told to love one another. I don't see the love being well expressed in  separating from others and refusing the company of other saints in corporate worship of our Lord our savior and the company of the Holy Spirit. What I do feel is rejection; that I am not good enough to worship with, for I am flawed and not as much along in my sanctification.  -Least not  in the eyes of one that will not gather and worship with me saying I have faults within my worshipping ability. Now I confess that I  like many have been there, in that mindset and funk, mine lasted over two full years. I thought I was a church of one, but what it became was arrogance within my heart and then a distancing from God.

Fortunately a couple of saints were persistent in their own calling to me, and I returned, worshipped corporately at a flawed church and benefitted greatly from it, having learned that I am not a successful church of one either. Better to love one another, be together for worship, far better, is the lesson I learned for myself. But I understand if one cannot at this time,  be with others in corporate worship, and hope that  each just remembers to return or follow the lead from the Spirit to some place of corporte worhip when the call comes.

I know how hard it is sometimes to heed advice from  fellow saints, any fellow saint, it is much like a mom saying "don't put your finger in the empty lightbulb socket."  She said that to me. I had to  do it just because of that. It hurt, dang it, she was right.

"See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.  And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.

Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.  You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin.  No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him.  Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous.  Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.  By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

Love One Another

For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.  We should not be like Cain, who was of the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own deeds were evil and his brother's righteous.  Do not be surprised, brothers, that the world hates you.  We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brothers. Whoever does not love abides in death.  Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.  But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?  Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.

By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.  Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God;  and whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him. And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.  Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us.

Neighbor perhaps Im being misunderstood. When did I say I didn't love the saints.

There is One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. 7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.    Eph 4:5-7

In the these congregations are many beautiful brothers and sisters who Love Christ. How ever When Christ founded His church there was nothing like we see now. The church was the church and the Lord did not give his church any name. In the letters to the seven churches There is only stated to the Angel of the church at Pergumose at Ephesus. and to the rest of them.  There was no Catholic or protestant denomes all with different names and beliefs. It was like Eph 4:5-7

Hi,

Just a thought or two:

Jesus did not speak to the churches did He? He spoke to the Jews, and how many Jewish sects were there?

https://faithbibleministriesblog.com/2010/12/12/sects-at-the-time-of-jesus/

As to the early Christian church were all united? Or were they very different one from another? Did Paul address each alike?  Were the apostles alike? What of the reveal of Jesus to the seven churches does it seem like the churches were alike?

Edited by Neighbor

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

Just a thought or two:

Jesus did not speak to the churches did He? He spoke to the Jews, and how many Jewish sects were there?

https://faithbibleministriesblog.com/2010/12/12/sects-at-the-time-of-jesus/

As to the early Christian church were all united? Or were they very different one from another? Did Paul address each alike?  Were the apostles alike? What of the reveal of Jesus to the seven churches does it seem like the churches were alike?

Neighbor I don't know where you get your theology.  They were established all under the doctrines of the apostles. Even then there we those who tried to corrupt the church.

As far as your thinking about the Jews let me bring you to memory. John ch 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehendeda it not. 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
a comprehended: or, did not admit, or, receive. Jn 1:1-11

The churches he was speaking to were the churches that were established by the apostles

The Faith of a Canaanite Woman

And Jesus went away from there and withdrew to the district of Tyre and Sidon.And behold, a Canaanite woman from that region came out and was crying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely oppressed by a demon.”  But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, “Send her away, for she is crying out after us.”  He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”  But she came and knelt before him, saying, “Lord, help me.” And he answered, “It is not right to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs.”  She said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table.”  Then Jesus answered her, “O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed instantly.

12 hours ago, Neighbor said:

The Faith of a Canaanite Woman

And Jesus went away from there and withdrew to the district of Tyre and Sidon.And behold, a Canaanite woman from that region came out and was crying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely oppressed by a demon.”  But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, “Send her away, for she is crying out after us.”  He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”  But she came and knelt before him, saying, “Lord, help me.” And he answered, “It is not right to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs.”  She said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table.”  Then Jesus answered her, “O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed instantly.

What is your point about the Canaanite. She was a gentile. Did Jesus not already know He was going to send the Gospel to the gentiles. The women was a humble women who believed He could deliver her daughter and would not take no for and answer.

But as many as received him, to them gave he powerb to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.      S. Jn 1:12-13

eh