IGNORED

Is it wrong of a believer today , not to go to church ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

Hello Bopeep, thank you for your honesty, it is appreciated, and yes,  I have found out that the more you dive into the biblical teachings and the truth of the word, that its hard to go and sip on milk again, for we are not to be hearers only but doers, and so like clock work, many go to church as a ritual thing, and not seeing the power in the word, or they hear of topics or teachings that are not edifying the people, or it is tone down , not to hurt feelings, and turn people away ,  watered down, and even worst, false assumptions  of what they think or believe , instead of what the bible really says,  or to go with and mirror the secular world and you cannot tell who is a believer from the rest of the neighbor hood, I am still trying to find ways , to fellowship with more advance members to get a foundation started, in the truth of the word, and not about following mans traditions and the way it is structured in the churches today , but this is just my view, and my opinion, I am in no way trying to disrespect any ones beliefs, blessing

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,709
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

42 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

when I was talking about why the church does not fit me, it is not ,of my selfish desires , but the desire to seek God ,in truth and in spirit my brother, for it is not the church that saves, and we are  to seek God with all of our heart, soul mind and strength, in a church setting it does not work, for me, anymore, and that is I am speaking for me, but the gathering of our selves and to build and help , is being done right now, with you and me and all the others here on this site,    so , we don't want to think the building is part of Gods plan , for we cannot stay dieting on milk , for we need meat and potatoes , you don't get that today at a church, and so this is what, I was trying to say, . thank you for your comment, but this is the common response ,when this question is asked,

in fact to give you a true situation it has happened twice to me, already , I am talking with church going believers and we are on the same page talking scripture, and then they ask what church I go to, and I tell them I don't go anymore, and they walk away , thinking that I cannot be part of Gods people or with them for I have abandon going to church, and I am not faithful to God ?

and so   I am judged, on just that fact, I think its a shame , but its life, and many feel if they are not going to church, God will not hear you , but many do not read the bible , or place the teachings into there life, it be lip service, and that's not what Jesus desired,

He said if you follow me , then deny yourself and take up your cross, so I take my cross, and do what ever I can to follow Him

but I do realize that even my best is not good enough, and yet as paul stated , even though I do what I do not want, I still do it,

for the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak,

for their are for some or many not reading there bibles, and not meditating on the word, they are looking at the out side and judging the cover of a person , but not there heart,

but I must say , I have studied and worked on following the bible and learning all I can , harder then ever,  and what I learn in one hour at home, I would not learn in three months in church, but this is just my own observation and opinion of course, but I also have learned more then ever in all my life, so , am I still wrong for not going to church,

do you feel that church really helps to guide and give you all the tools needed to face the world and the evil in it ?

do you think maybe church  may be overrated, and many leaders have taken advantage of the people , and become rich ?

so I hope I was able to share with you  a day in the life , in my life,  thank you, blessings to you brother

If you are truly seeking God, then you do so by following His word, and His word says not to forsake the fellowship... End of story. You may think otherwise, your lengthy reply definitely shows you've put some thought into it, but no matter how much you try and over think it, it really is as simple as that. The Bible says not to forsake the fellowship. You can't willingly disregard that, and be seeking His will at the same time, because His will in this area is outlined in black and white.

Please don't misunderstand me Im not questioning your salvation or your intent. But I am saying Gods will is for you to be a active member of the church. What church us between you and God, but if you forsake it and leave the church for any reason, you are outside Gods will in this area.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

I would have to disagree with that statement patriot, for it is not by membership or work of the flesh, it is by spirit and truth , and so grace covers , what are will of the heart seeks, and so , you may see it as a disobedience ,but I do not , for the reasons I posted.

it is very interesting , that you say this, but I feel more free and in tune with God now then ever, before, and I know that , when its all said and done,

it is by our faith and Gods grace that we are saved and forgiven,  my eyes are wide open now, and I seek God everyday, as we live we seek with a personal relationship,  and through that relationship is where the proof of obedience is, and if we abide in Him, He will also abide in us, for we are crucified with Him, and it is not I but Him that has saved me from my self and the penalty of death and sin, so this is truth , and if we are in truth , then we are set free,

for no one else an save you, but your total surrender to the holy God, yourself, in a willingly and open and honest relationship we have victory, over the flesh, , so blessings my brother,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

48 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

Hello Bopeep, thank you for your honesty, it is appreciated, and yes,  I have found out that the more you dive into the biblical teachings and the truth of the word, that its hard to go and sip on milk again, for we are not to be hearers only but doers, and so like clock work, many go to church as a ritual thing, and not seeing the power in the word, or they hear of topics or teachings that are not edifying the people, or it is tone down , not to hurt feelings, and turn people away ,  watered down, and even worst, false assumptions  of what they think or believe , instead of what the bible really says,  or to go with and mirror the secular world and you cannot tell who is a believer from the rest of the neighbor hood, I am still trying to find ways , to fellowship with more advance members to get a foundation started, in the truth of the word, and not about following mans traditions and the way it is structured in the churches today , but this is just my view, and my opinion, I am in no way trying to disrespect any ones beliefs, blessing

The Emergent,Charismatic and WOF Churches are very popular now among other false teaching Churches. Churches are just not what they used to be.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

church = assembly , strongs 1577  not a building ,it is members to gather ,

now what would be the purpose to gather, = but to share and talk about scripture and Gods word, ?

so this can be accomplished any where , coffee shop, park, a home, on line, beach , picnic area, hospital, senior home

and I do not see this as disobeying God, by not going to church, for he wants us to fellowship and be kind one to another, and love one another, but not place yourself in a place of lip service and rejection to a holy and righteous God.

Hi SINNERSAVED,

AMEN, AMEN & AMEN.

Bless you bro, as you seek God, read His word & fellowship with other believers, all who are the Ekklesia, the called out ones.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1973

first christians didnt come together in temple, but in someones home.

if temple then was build for Father, why they didnt come together there?

why they did come together in someone home?

why is wrong to say "welcome" to someone, that is hypocrite or false teacher?

all that is about - "who are My brothers and sisters" (quoting Jesus)

so, if church (that is not bad idea, if there is hundreds of people) does not follow Spirit, what we can say - they astray? went left or right? back to world?

what apostles did, when that did happen to anyone in they midst?

its all about how to act right. its also about any church. question is - do yours church are leaded by Holy Spirit, do they walk in truth? do they seek truth? 

if not... dont want to annoy you, but Father told me - go out! ensure, you are not in they list.

(not that He couldnt say, am i still in the list of they people. He wanted to show me something, that is another story. but i do repeat it to those, who are yet learning to  recognize Hes voice. )

so, what really matter, is not building (home, church, coffee) but with who you come together.

and it is important to gather together time to time for us. very.

Edited by Eha

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Sinnersaved

Look at Jesus.  He was a loner.  The prophets were loners, and the apostles were sent by Christ to spread his name and teach the gospels.  To do this they had to congregate, and believers came to hear the Word.  They formed churches in houses, and they went out and spread the gospels.  If any one wanted to learn, there was always a meeting place somewhere to find out about this man Jesus Christ and what he taught.  The apostles had disciples under them who they would appoint to run the churches, and the apostles would meet up occasionally with the church or communicate through letters, ....but they were loners, on a mission, ....they left their families and went wherever the Lord sent them, but they normally went out in pairs, or in threes, for a witness.  

Today we have the full Word of God at our disposal.  God made it possible to find him through his Word directly now, the holy bible and all those letters we can read and study in our homes for as long as we want.  Christ is after "change" in our inner man.  This is the most important thing, that we repent and produce fruits of the spirit now.  This means, instead of hatred in our hearts, we possess love, instead of greed, generosity, instead of clinging to material things, we cling to the scriptures given to us..  If we see someone in need, we help them right there on the spot.  I could give a million examples.  You know them all.  It's in our every day walk that matters, not what "appears" to look good on the outside by men, seeing us pray and sing to the Lord in the open, but what we do in private, when we are alone without our friends of the Lord, and when we are "in the world".  Every thought we think, every word we speak and every action we take.  These are the things that Christ is watching, the things of the heart and what it produces everyday when we think no one is watching.

Some people need church, they need others to encourage them and make them feel loved.  People produce lifetime friends in churches, and they like singing hymns to the Lord and hearing sermons.  I understand why people go to church, I went once for 6 months and met some really great people, but when I started questioning their doctrine, It all changed.  I was not going to leave my salvation in the hands of others, and had to search the scriptures for myself.  I did not want to learn error, or be persuaded to think a certain way.  I asked questions, yes, but the answers I received didn't gel with me, and didn't fit what I was reading.  So I left, because I didn't want to stir trouble.  I quietly left and went looking for a church that I could connect to, but I found most of them were teaching the same things I did not agree on, so I decided church wasn't for me. 

I went through some very dark times after this, for many years, I sunk into a spiritual darkness, and completely in Babylon enjoying the world, not because I didn't go to church, but because I stopped reading his Word.  This would be God's way to really open my eyes how easy sin can get in when yoke with the world.  It will produce some very bad fruits in us.

I cried out for help during my darkest moments, and something made me pick up my bible again.  I wiped all the dust of it, and I couldn't put it down after that.  Church was the last thing on my mind, but soaking in every single word of the scriptures was my highest priority, and getting back on my feet by letting those scriptures guide my every move and keep the enemy out.  I learn't from all my old mistakes, and I had a lot to be forgiven for. That was 17 years ago. I had to walk this journey on my own, every single day, the hard way, with just Christ leading me through his Word.  He also provided two brothers for me and to this day, we are so close and share everything we learn with each other.  It's just the three of us, and I think that's all there will ever be.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus loves the church so much he died for it, so I should love the church also and belong to it, not be separate.

I read a saying not to long ago - not exact same wording, but the statement is the same.

If don't want to go to church, why do you want to go to heaven.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  4

8 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

If you are truly seeking God, then you do so by following His word, and His word says not to forsake the fellowship... End of story. You may think otherwise, your lengthy reply definitely shows you've put some thought into it, but no matter how much you try and over think it, it really is as simple as that. The Bible says not to forsake the fellowship. You can't willingly disregard that, and be seeking His will at the same time, because His will in this area is outlined in black and white.

Please don't misunderstand me Im not questioning your salvation or your intent. But I am saying Gods will is for you to be a active member of the church. What church us between you and God, but if you forsake it and leave the church for any reason, you are outside Gods will in this area.

Where do you get the idea that it is God's will to be an "active member" of a particular church?  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Perhaps from such places.

18 minutes ago, Vendtre said:

Where do you get the idea that it is God's will to be an "active member" of a particular church?  

((not found in Scripture))