IGNORED

Is it wrong of a believer today , not to go to church ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

9 hours ago, Sister said:

Sinnersaved

Look at Jesus.  He was a loner.  The prophets were loners, and the apostles were sent by Christ to spread his name and teach the gospels.  To do this they had to congregate, and believers came to hear the Word.  They formed churches in houses, and they went out and spread the gospels.  If any one wanted to learn, there was always a meeting place somewhere to find out about this man Jesus Christ and what he taught.  The apostles had disciples under them who they would appoint to run the churches, and the apostles would meet up occasionally with the church or communicate through letters, ....but they were loners, on a mission, ....they left their families and went wherever the Lord sent them, but they normally went out in pairs, or in threes, for a witness.  

Today we have the full Word of God at our disposal.  God made it possible to find him through his Word directly now, the holy bible and all those letters we can read and study in our homes for as long as we want.  Christ is after "change" in our inner man.  This is the most important thing, that we repent and produce fruits of the spirit now.  This means, instead of hatred in our hearts, we possess love, instead of greed, generosity, instead of clinging to material things, we cling to the scriptures given to us..  If we see someone in need, we help them right there on the spot.  I could give a million examples.  You know them all.  It's in our every day walk that matters, not what "appears" to look good on the outside by men, seeing us pray and sing to the Lord in the open, but what we do in private, when we are alone without our friends of the Lord, and when we are "in the world".  Every thought we think, every word we speak and every action we take.  These are the things that Christ is watching, the things of the heart and what it produces everyday when we think no one is watching.

Some people need church, they need others to encourage them and make them feel loved.  People produce lifetime friends in churches, and they like singing hymns to the Lord and hearing sermons.  I understand why people go to church, I went once for 6 months and met some really great people, but when I started questioning their doctrine, It all changed.  I was not going to leave my salvation in the hands of others, and had to search the scriptures for myself.  I did not want to learn error, or be persuaded to think a certain way.  I asked questions, yes, but the answers I received didn't gel with me, and didn't fit what I was reading.  So I left, because I didn't want to stir trouble.  I quietly left and went looking for a church that I could connect to, but I found most of them were teaching the same things I did not agree on, so I decided church wasn't for me. 

I went through some very dark times after this, for many years, I sunk into a spiritual darkness, and completely in Babylon enjoying the world, not because I didn't go to church, but because I stopped reading his Word.  This would be God's way to really open my eyes how easy sin can get in when yoke with the world.  It will produce some very bad fruits in us.

I cried out for help during my darkest moments, and something made me pick up my bible again.  I wiped all the dust of it, and I couldn't put it down after that.  Church was the last thing on my mind, but soaking in every single word of the scriptures was my highest priority, and getting back on my feet by letting those scriptures guide my every move and keep the enemy out.  I learn't from all my old mistakes, and I had a lot to be forgiven for. That was 17 years ago. I had to walk this journey on my own, every single day, the hard way, with just Christ leading me through his Word.  He also provided two brothers for me and to this day, we are so close and share everything we learn with each other.  It's just the three of us, and I think that's all there will ever be.

Sister God bless you for that witness, I am in the same thought process at this time, I cannot let others figure out my salvation for me, and I have become more in to Gods love then ever, for the scriptures and the word of God is alive, and they are the source of power through the spirit, you are blessed to know and to get to where you are, and you know you are never alone for He is with you, and you have blessed me today with your story, for many of us are in the same situation,

but many look at the out ward and not work on the inward, and so , blessings to you , and thank you for a awesome incouragement,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

17 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

okay I know that first we are told not to give up the gathering of our selves, yes I know , but is there a problem to a devoted bible believing person to not go to church for they feel they are not learning or that it is not of the teachings that God intended ?

that it may not be doing justice, and or its not following biblical principles ?

I have gone to church for over thirty years , and now I have taken a rest , and done study of the bible on my own and worked on learning scriptures and the word of God , in a more rugged and intense effort, and come to a conclusion, that maybe something does not line up with all the time I devoted in church ?

but on the other hand, is it really violating the cause of this verse , or are we to follow what , God says in scripture come out of her and do not take and join in with her wrath and sins,

we see Jesus states that the people honor Him with there lips and there hearts are so far away?

we have that if we are not doers of the word then we are not really placing the faith in our lives, ?

can we be going to church religiously and still end up out side of the doors of the kingdom, and saying lord ,lord, and he says go away ? I never knew you?

for the time being I am studying and learning scripture and verses , going through dictionaries and strongs book, seeing and reading every thing I can, and its been a eye opening experience,  God has blessed me to seek Him and learn new things,

so would it be that church is not what it was meant to be from the past, for many endured the word all day long, and tioday if the music is not right people will leave church , if the airconditioner, or the chairs are un comfortable they leave,

what is it that we are to learn in a church that we cannot learn aside of it, and to gather in bible studies to be more in depth with study,

is the church what God wanted it to be in todays world,

then who is the tru and real saints, and the who is the called out ones , ?

do we go to church for a emotional satisfaction, and pleasing to the ears, or do we want to hear truth ,

for a sunday church meeting is most empty when foot ball games are on ?

so what are we doing in the churches, I am asking as a question, not judging, but to know , what the pros and cons are,

for many like church, and that's fine, BUT ! are you learning salvation ? are you being told how to be ready for  possible hard times and tribulations, and if anything, do we know what is the cost ? of really a believer that follows Christ ? or is it the building and a must, to show up and let others see you, and then live like none believers the rest of the time,

just curious, what do you think, and is it saving people and molding people for the times of trouble ahead, ?

many that I know that go to church , thinks God is mad at them and they are not doing there duty if they get a flat tire, or lose there job,

that God is punishing them ,

that is a i.e is this what we are to be thinking , going to church, ? do we really know God and are we going to church to learn how to place God in our everyday life ?many believers as they call them selves do not know the bible , do not read  it, and refuse, to put God first, before there wants and desires, so are we going to church to serve God , the building others , are self, or really come to our knees and surrender to the lord ?

this is all about trying to find meaning in going to church? 30 minutes to 45 ,minutes once a week is not going to help you , this is my observation and point of view, what do you all think ?thank you and blessings and peace to all

The Bible says forget not the assembling of  yourselves together.  If you are able to get to church I believe we need to be at a good Bible believing church then we need to be there.  However we are not going to be punished if we don't.  But we will miss out on the fellowship that God wants us to have and the blessings that comes with being with fellow believers.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

34 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

The Bible says forget not the assembling of  yourselves together.  If you are able to get to church I believe we need to be at a good Bible believing church then we need to be there.  However we are not going to be punished if we don't.  But we will miss out on the fellowship that God wants us to have and the blessings that comes with being with fellow believers.  

If that works for you that is great but it doesn't work for everyone.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, RustyAngeL said:

The idea that the assembling together has to be at a particular church with the same group is purely an American Christian invention. 

There are lots, most better in my opinion, ways to gather together 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

someone here needs to be filled with the Holy Spirit...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

15 minutes ago, other one said:

And I suppose you think that only happens in a building with the word "church" on the outside 

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,190
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Isn`t it interesting that the word `church` has become the sole right of man`s organisations. I read in many posts that if you don`t go to them (man`s organisations) the `church` then you are not going to church! That shows how far we have been indoctrinated as to the meaning of that word.

Ekklesia - the called out ones, the church.

Why is the Lord building His called out ones into His Body?

Can man do the work of the Holy Spirit in `organising` the Body of Christ, `each joint supplying, building each other up, - sounds like close contact & relationship to me.

BTW I see that the called out ones can meet together in a public meeting place, or homes etc. It`s not one or the other but the very meaning of the word `church,` the people.

Marilyn.

19 minutes ago, Vendtre said:

The idea that the assembling together has to be at a particular church with the same group is purely an American Christian invention. 

There are lots, most better in my opinion, ways to gather together 

I didn't mean it had to be at church put the two together.  No it does not have to be at a church but a good Bible believing church is a good thing for a Christian.  It can be in a home or any place believers choose to meet.  The building Ventere does not have to be a church.  If I misled you I apologize, but the building    does not have to be a church.  The point I was trying to make is we all need the fellowship of each other.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

3 minutes ago, Vendtre said:

And I suppose you think
that only happens in a building with the word "church" on the outside 

:emot-heartbeat:

Even

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Corinthians 12:3

Barbecues~!

And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. Acts 2:46-47

19 minutes ago, other one said:

2 minutes ago, FresnoJoe said:

:emot-heartbeat:

Even Barbecues~!

And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. Acts 2:46-47

You bet about the other places.  Some of most precious fellowship I have had has been at what our church calls ISI,  Iron Sharpens Iron.  We have tons of fun and fellowship can be fun and in other places other then churches. I didn't want this to get into a a judging match.  And just so you know I am filled with the Holy Spirit.  Maybe I just need to bow out of this one. Sorry I upset you.